• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Really hope things don't end on a sour note for Lennon.

In his 10th year. Does he get a testimonial? King played 268 games for us. Lennon has played 267. I'd certainly go to it if he got one.

Same here, very rare for any club that a player serves for a whole decade, remember seeing that pic of Dawson with a Hull shirt broke my shirt, useless or not he gave his all for the club, both are two fine examples as to why this club is no longer mid-table mediocrity and plans to build a 61k stadium instead of 50k.

Regardless as to how this pans out I wish him the best, have many happy memories of the man from tearing Evra to pieces to "Deflection, hit the post...LENNON! FOUR! FOUR!!!!!!"

Trix said in March: Lennon Mate thinks he is on the up and is sorting himself out. Has burned bridges with more than just MP though so will take an awful lot to get back into the fold(if at all) but never say never. Am told he has no interest in moving to Everton full time though.

A couple of weeks ago on lennon not being wanted: Not just the coaching staff mate. Burned far bigger bridges than that.

Grey Fox has said that Kaboul, Adebayor and Lennon were the ones at the top of our out list, to be sold at a loss if necessary.

My guess is the higher up bridges is in regards to being told to go out on loan and not liking it.

Trix said in March: Lennon Mate thinks he is on the up and is sorting himself out. Has burned bridges with more than just MP though so will take an awful lot to get back into the fold(if at all) but never say never. Am told he has no interest in moving to Everton full time though.

A couple of weeks ago on lennon not being wanted: Not just the coaching staff mate. Burned far bigger bridges than that.

Grey Fox has said that Kaboul, Adebayor and Lennon were the ones at the top of our out list, to be sold at a loss if necessary.

Makes sense. There is no way that I can imagine Lennon has been shut out simply for footballing reasons...

Hertyid (COYS) on Lennon:

It's not one single event, but a group of issues which have surrounded him for a while. Unlikely he will play for us again

While I don't like to see first team players being made to train with the younger age groups, I guess it is about striking the right balance between ensuring we still get a good transfer fee but also ensuring that a player cannot disrupt training for the rest of the group.

I'm sure that one day in an autobiography somewhere we'll get the full story of what happened with several of our players over the past 2 or 3 years since Redknapp left the club.

While I don't like to see first team players being made to train with the younger age groups, I guess it is about striking the right balance between ensuring we still get a good transfer fee but also ensuring that a player cannot disrupt training for the rest of the group.

I'm sure that one day in an autobiography somewhere we'll get the full story of what happened with several of our players over the past 2 or 3 years since Redknapp left the club.
Autobiography? I think its hard to mass produce A3 paper sheets written on in crayons...
Hopefully the U21's will gain from having Lennon around, they'll learn: sand wedge crosses spooned 35 feet in the at a pace of 6 miles an hour; how to blow bad ass rings from cigar smoke; how to take gangsta as fudge selfies and... er... well thats about all I can think of at the moment.

Autobiography? I think its hard to mass produce A3 paper sheets written on in crayons...
Hopefully the U21's will gain from having Lennon around, they'll learn: sand wedge crosses spooned 35 feet in the at a pace of 6 miles an hour; how to blow bad ass rings from cigar smoke; how to take gangsta as fudge selfies and... er... well thats about all I can think of at the moment.
I think that is a little unfair.... Lennon is arguably the second best (after Bale) wide player that we have had at the club since Ginola left all those years ago.

It's sad that it's come to this. For all that he never fully realised his potential with us, he has been a part of our relative renaissance since it began in 2005 and he has put in some outstanding performances and scored some crucial and memorable goals. Highlights for me include the winner in that 2-1 win v Chelsea, our first against them in, well, forever; the fourth goal in that 5-1 Carling Cup semi final demolition of Arsenal; the last second equaliser in the 4-4 draw v Arsenal; and the run and assist which led to the winner away v AC Milan.

I think that is a little unfair.... Lennon is arguably the second best (after Bale) wide player that we have had at the club since Ginola left all those years ago.
Absolutely. It was said mostly in jest. However, there seems to be little doubt that he has a questionable attitude and his off-field 'persona' has damaged his on field career.
He has provided same outstanding moments of entertainment down the years. But, that his stay has ended as a damp squid and that he's virtually being forced out the exit is no-ones fault but his own i'm afraid.

Absolutely. It was said mostly in jest. However, there seems to be little doubt that he has a questionable attitude and his off-field 'persona' has damaged his on field career.
He has provided same outstanding moments of entertainment down the years. But, that his stay has ended as a damp squid and that he's virtually being forced out the exit is no-ones fault but his own i'm afraid.
Harsh. He can hardly be blamed for having a manager who refuses to play with traditional wingers.

Don't think it has anything to do with his 'persona'. So what.. he smoked a cigar with the England squad. Berbatov smoked a pack a day ffs!!

Sorry to hear some slag of Lennon who has been one of our best players for years, we always looked a far better team when he was in it.

He never fulfilled his potential, but nor did we as a club. If he had been the world beater that some wish he was, he would have left many moons ago.

His service to this club deserves nothing but respect - he has given us his entire professional life. For people to criticise him now makes me very uneasy.

He never fulfilled his potential, but nor did we as a club. If he had been the world beater that some wish he was, he would have left many moons ago.

His service to this club deserves nothing but respect - he has given us his entire professional life. For people to criticise him now makes me very uneasy.

Agree .. as we don' know what has happened that makes the club no longer want his services, we have to respect the contributions he did make, I remember when Lennon was one of the most exciting players in the PL, everyone got up once he got the ball ..

Bit of a disturbing trend with our own fans to go after players that wear our colours, and our chairman/owners. No one is above criticism, but some respect would go a long way.

Harsh. He can hardly be blamed for having a manager who refuses to play with traditional wingers.

Don't think it has anything to do with his 'persona'. So what.. he smoked a cigar with the England squad. Berbatov smoked a pack a day ffs!!

I've always been a big fan of Lennon, even during those occasional periods when he could be immensely frustrating because he repeatedly lacked the bottle to take on his man.

But I'm quite certain that something untoward must have happened or something said out of turn. He wouldn't have been made to train with the kids simply because he wasn't ideally suited to Poch's playing style. Otherwise, half our first team squad (prior to the current exodus) would have been relegated to training with the kids.

Getting bladdered all the time is on him though.

Back