• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A theory on our defensive problems.

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
My theory is that our defenders have regressed especailly caulker because in trainning every day they are coming up against static strikers and they let their standards drop. All we need for caulker and the others to improve is a striker in training who runs about a bit. Yep we need pav back then our defenders will improve.

My theory is that our defenders have regressed especailly caulker because in trainning every day they are coming up against static strikers and they let their standards drop. All we need for caulker and the others to improve is a striker in training who runs about a bit. Yep we need pav back then our defenders will improve.

And you started so well. Nearly took you seriously until you said pav.

Agree with OP, sell the lot of em and bring back Ryan Nelson on a *free* for 6 months.

Our squad is packed with speed merchants...perhaps we should hire Usain Bolt (sp) ?

We played with a high back line, as AVB always did at Chelski...and we got caught out..twice.

I have faith in our defenders !

Just a very tough away game to play for a younger defender. Surprised Dawson didn't start as its an intimidating place to play and his experience might have helped. Naughton is not good enough in my opinion. Maybe loan him out once more, for some consistent game time, and see if he can make a step up and defend well.

Naughton is getting consistant game time so a loan won't help
He is young, just needs experience.
I'm not convinced either he or walker will be top 4 quality, probably the level below that

So ... we don't have defensive problems. I'm about 10x more worried about our problems at the other end of the field.

Our defence is very good. As good as it has been in the past 25 years. Walker and Caulker have concentration problems, but they are very young.

We need to keep possesion better in the front 6 - that would improve things a lot. Demeble and Ade are about the only two front 6 players we have who can retain possession.

Because of Bale and Lennon, teams often sit back against us, which tends to ease the pressure on our defense. And we often press the ball high up the pitch - defend as a team and all that.

We have poor right backs.

We have no DECENT cover for Ekotto.

We tend to buy defenders who are very good footballers rather than very good defenders. Imagine the reaction on GG if we tried to sign someone like Shawcross.

Back