• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Spurs "thing"??

Maltese Falcon

Niko Kranjcar
Is this guy for real? http://www.theguardian.com/football...eague-fans-verdict-manchester-united-west-ham

4/10 when we are par for course in our league position related to our wage expenditure? When we played a Wembley final for the first time in 7 years? And were never humiliated against the top 4, unlike last year, and pulled off two memorable wins? Above all, when we had the youngest team in the premiership who can only get better for the experience? A f******* 4?!!:mad:

If you are a poster, Dave Mason, we won just two league cups in the past 25 years - and both of them were very much against the run of play! 6th is our average position and anything better would deserve scores of 7 or more...

I honestly don't think many other teams have fans so arrogant and fickle as we do! Look at Everton... like us they made the CL once in the recent past, they won infinitely more championships than we can dream about, yet they do not shown an ounce of our arrogance!

Guardian said:
Tottenham – Dave Mason
4/10 We managed eight points against this year’s top four compared with only one last year. But our final points total is lower this season which shows we underperformed against the lesser sides. We reached a cup final and saw the rise of Harry Kane, we appeared fitter, but the overall pattern of play was usually too slow and narrow. Selection didn’t always make cohesive sense. For example, having scored five against Chelsea, seven changes were made for the next game at Burnley and we barely mustered a shot.

The stars Lloris can hold his head up and Kane had a phenomenal three months. Fairly honourable mentions to Chadli and Eriksen for their goals, while Bentaleb shows signs of maturing into a midfield leader. The flops Our defence has been appalling: we haven’t been murdered as such but have committed suicide several times. Walker is struggling badly, especially considering the promise he showed two years ago. Chiriches is a disaster waiting to happen whenever he’s near the ball. Elsewhere, Townsend continues to frustrate and lacks consistency.

Summer targets Defenders who can cope at this level, and a midfield player who complements Bentaleb.

Best and worst away fans Saudi Sportswashing Machine, in the league cup, sold their full allocation the midweek before Christmas, lost 4-0 but didn’t stop singing. The worst were Chelsea. Mourinho’s right…

Highlights montage music Dusty Springfield – In the Middle of Nowhere. We’re as close to the relegation zone as we are to top place.

Last edited:
4/10?

We are on course to potentially finish the 5th best team in the league behind 4 teams who spend a lot more than we do. We beat Chelsea 5-3, Arsenal 2-1 and got to a cup final. If anything it's a 6/10.

When I read the 4/10 I just thought 'what a numpty'. With a new, young and inexperienced head coach and such a young squad this has been a decent season. Yes, the downturn after the away loss to 'Pool and the EL exit and the Cup Final loss was disappointing, but get a grip, man! 5th, Cup Final and several players who have come up through the ranks is exciting and refreshing in this sterile, cash-laden, mercenary badge thumping culture.

It's indicative of the extreme lack of insight in footballing journalism that we can outperform our financial restraints fairly regularly whilst being known as underachievers and that somehow failing to reach our ambitions is a "Spurs thing".

Unfortunately this seems to be a narrative too many Spurs fans are agreeing with.

There will always be someone who isn't happy with the performance of the team and the progress of the team over the season. I think that our form leading to the last two games might have had an impact on the rating. We kinda gave up, losing against Villa and Stoke, and drawing against Burnley in games that we never really turned up for and so the mentality is that we have been disappointing. Our 5th place finish, achieved today, is a strong finish to the season but I can still understand disappointment about the top 4 when we came so close. We finished only 6 points behind 4th and we had opportunities across the season to get that elusive top 4 placing. Still a big over reaction by the supporter.

Dave Mason strikes me as being a bit of a dingdong, he has probably just won the lge on his abacus game and thinks it as easy in the real world. One of many I am sorry to say.

Swansea get a 9/10 for finishing 8th and Mason gives us a 4?????????

And I quote "We’re as close to the relegation zone as we are to top place." erm no we're not, maybe on bare points but it's final position that matters and 5th and a cup final is an improvement on last season. Give Pochettino a summer of HIS signings and we will see further improvement, get the stadium built and we'll improve even further.

The late season slip ups against Burnley, Villa and Stoke cost us 8 points and a possible 4th (yeah I'm an optimist) so 4/10 is extremely harsh.

Back