• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A question for any shareholders....

Parklaner81

Steve Hodge
Does anyone have any idea if/how the club intends to keep remaining minor shareholders informed? I haven't heard a peep from them since the club was taken back private........of course, as I recall it was made fairly clear at the final AGM that they weren't particularly fussed about engaging with us any longer! Surely though, there should be some level of contact?

Any company of which you are a shareholder has a legal duty to send you a copy of their annual accounts. Spurs' latest accounts (to June 2012) have not yet been filed at Companies House. The deadline for filing those accounts is 31 March 2013, so you should expect to receive them before then. In future years the accounts will be less detailed than they were when the company was a plc, but I have a vague recollection that the accounts to June 2012 have to be prepared to the same standard as the previous years because the company was listed during part of the period.

105r1w6.jpg

Chased this up with the club today. Or should I say, I tried to......!

According to the guy I spoke to, they no longer send out ANY information to shareholders. His attitude (of course) was obstructive & unhelpful.

Anyone else heard anything yet?

ENIC owns a large enough share of the club to render everyone else's void more or less. Those that still have theirs can either cash them in or keep them as a souvenir. Someone else might have some more detail.

I would have though any shareholder is still entitled to some form of annual report, regardless of the stake and who controls of company. If the company doesn't want to provide information they have the option of a compulsory purchase of remaining shares.

I ain't an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but private limited companies in the UK do need to prepare a set of statutory accounts. I assume these definitely need to go to HMRC and Companies House, and guess they probably also need to be made available to shareholders.

Quickest way to find what the most recent results are will be to search for something like "thfc investor relations" on Google I am guessing. I've never bothered! I think we dilisted at the beginning of 2012(?), so chances are the last filed account will be for the PLC. Next reporting cycle will be when the first set of accounts has been prepared for the private limited company.

Dunno what the obligations are for actually sending these out, or whether it's sufficient to make them available, e.g. over the web.

Chased this up with the club today. Or should I say, I tried to......!

According to the guy I spoke to, they no longer send out ANY information to shareholders. His attitude (of course) was obstructive & unhelpful.

Anyone else heard anything yet?

I thought you might get a reply from someone who actually owns shares in the club ... but in the abscence of that my advice is the same as before. The person you spoke to probably didn't really know. The club don't seem to be interested in independent shareholders but I don't expect them to break the law and they are required by section 423 of the Companies Act 2006 to provide their shareholders with the statutory accounts. According to Companies House they still haven't filed the 2012 accounts but the deadline is the end of this month. The company's registrars are likely to be the ones who actually send the accounts out to shareholders. You could contact them to see if they know when the accounts will be sent out and to check that they have your up to date details. Contact details are here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/sites/spurs/The%20Club/shareholder-faqs.page

How does one buy shares in THFC?

Since the company is now private there's no longer a formal market in their shares. You'd have to find someone that owns shares they wanted to sell, agree a price with them and get the company's registrar to accept the share transfer. Existing shareholders who want to sell shares can make use of a matching service at http://www.capitadeal.com/tottenham/ to find a buyer. I'm not sure that this service is open to non-shareholders that want to find a seller but you could try.

I am keeping mine unless Levy forces the sell. I hope to think that he wouldn't want or need to and that I would be able to profit from some new billionaire wishing to pay £2 a share. 8-[

Back