• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A positive vibe

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
We need a positive vibe around the club. I think that's something we'll have to address before we achieve success. As I believe a positive vibe to be both the cause, and consequence, of success.

Without success, we'll need to find something else to generate that positive vibe. Perhaps, the managerial appointment, or a signing or two.

I do think that, as fans, we need to try to create that positive vibe. We can achieve this by increasing the noise at our home games. We've all talked about what a good feeling a good atmosphere can bring, so let's make this happen! Get behind the side irrespective of performance & result, at least for those 90 minutes.

I agree, last season was personally my least enjoyable for years, it was at times a chore to go to WHL, I want to see smiles around the Lane again

Think it would help if more tickets could be set aside for general sale. European and cup games always have better atmospheres than league games because people really value and have actively sought to be there on that particular occasion.

Think it would help if more tickets could be set aside for general sale. European and cup games always have better atmospheres than league games because people really value and have actively sought to be there on that particular occasion.

There are 23k STs and 10k to members and general sale, you dont need more on general sale, us ST holders are giving a whole season's worth of money to the club upfront not just people who fancy going once a year if they have nothing to do at a weekend

We need a positive vibe around the club. I think that's something we'll have to address before we achieve success. As I believe a positive vibe to be both the cause, and consequence, of success.

Without success, we'll need to find something else to generate that positive vibe. Perhaps, the managerial appointment, or a signing or two.

I do think that, as fans, we need to try to create that positive vibe. We can achieve this by increasing the noise at our home games. We've all talked about what a good feeling a good atmosphere can bring, so let's make this happen! Get behind the side irrespective of performance & result, at least for those 90 minutes.

I agree.

I think that the moaning, complaining and getting on players' back has really held us back.

There are 23k STs and 10k to members and general sale, you dont need more on general sale, us ST holders are giving a whole season's worth of money to the club upfront not just people who fancy going once a year if they have nothing to do at a weekend

I appreciate that. But a consequence is that it breeds cynicism and negativity.

I find Paxton just as bad as the West Stand these days, probably worse as it is poisonous, rather than just apathetic.

GB don't mean to be rude but talking about poison with the amount of vitriol you spread towards Sherwood seems a bit rich. Still hopefully we will soon have a manager we can all get behind. Marky I am a member and get to a few games a season. Would like to get to more but with 2 kids there are other priorities. Doesn't make me less of a supporter though because I'm not a season ticket holder. Would love to get to some more away matches too.

GB don't mean to be rude but talking about poison with the amount of vitriol you spread towards Sherwood seems a bit rich. Still hopefully we will soon have a manager we can all get behind. Marky I am a member and get to a few games a season. Would like to get to more but with 2 kids there are other priorities. Doesn't make me less of a supporter though because I'm not a season ticket holder. Would love to get to some more away matches too.

That was exceptional circumstances. And I chose to simply not go to games any more, rather than go just to be miserable.

I'm talking about the people who savage Naughton the second a pass isn't inch perfect etc.

Over the past season in particular I've just come to accept that we have as many idiotic fans as any other club in all honesty. Some of the opinions just leave me shaking my head, and the attitude of a few in the ground itself just made me feel like not bothering to go to any games at times.

Occassions like Ledley's testimonial suck you right back in. That was what it should be like. Fun and I really enjoyed the night and people around me.

That's not technically true Marky. I agree that the balance of tickets and market forces is about right.......If you want a ticket for decent games then become a member, don't rely on it possibly going to general sale. But ST Holders paying up front? I bet most are on the scheme whereby it is payed for over the course of the season.

Over the past season in particular I've just come to accept that we have as many idiotic fans as any other club in all honesty. Some of the opinions just leave me shaking my head, and the attitude of a few in the ground itself just made me feel like not bothering to go to any games at times.

Occassions like Ledley's testimonial suck you right back in. That was what it should be like. Fun and I really enjoyed the night and people around me.

Agreed. The amount of bellendery that I see and hear just astounds me at times but it is what it is. The game is about opinions but some of the pure drivel that is spouted during games is unbelievable to be completely frank.

I was stuck beside the Spurs version of the Proclaimers at a game (Fulham 2012) in the South Stand (prime atmosphere real estate part on the Shelf Side). We still had a shout for 3rd. These two miserable feckers shouted out crap for the entire game.

"Right who wants it? Move!"
"Right, you've got it, now what're you gonna do?", etc, etc

They also laughed at Adam Smith (his début), saying does your Mum know you're out, who? etc. Really cheesed me off. They were and are fellow Spurs, but I felt like lamping them!

But the flip side. I sat beside a pensioner at the Utd game this season. His son was late, so he chatted away to me. Boy, he was really up for it. Cheering, singing and shouting like a teenager.

Takes all sorts, but I wish we could get the atmosphere up for all games, not just the big ones. Maybe we need a section like Palace have.

I was stuck beside the Spurs version of the Proclaimers at a game (Fulham 2012) in the South Stand (prime atmosphere real estate part on the Shelf Side). We still had a shout for 3rd. These two miserable feckers shouted out crap for the entire game.

"Right who wants it? Move!"
"Right, you've got it, now what're you gonna do?", etc, etc

They also laughed at Adam Smith (his début), saying does your Mum know you're out, who? etc. Really cheesed me off. They were and are fellow Spurs, but I felt like lamping them!

But the flip side. I sat beside a pensioner at the Utd game this season. His son was late, so he chatted away to me. Boy, he was really up for it. Cheering, singing and shouting like a teenager.

Takes all sorts, but I wish we could get the atmosphere up for all games, not just the big ones. Maybe we need a section like Palace have.

Belmarsh?

Back