• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A bit of ammunition appreciated

West Ham aren't technically closer to Spurs in a geographical sense, I just can't see how anyone could even begin to think that is the case. And so our average spend is just over £9m a season? Hardly eye watering. Taking recent history (last 5 seasons) into account which at this time is the most important part of those figures rather than money spent back in 2000, I would say that our average spend per season is even lower given the comings/goings over the last 5 years.

I don't know where to start with West Ham really, they are so backward in their thinking at times. If you mention that we have taken 6 points of them for 3 of the last 5 season they have been in the same league, all they will respond with is " what, like the 6 points you took from us when we got relegated?" like its a badge of honour to be relegated but avoid losing to Spurs?

This is a club that have won three times at White Hart Lane in the last 30 years to my recollection. We have won 3 times at Upton Park in the last 5 years. They have been relegated 5 times since we last experienced that fate. The greatest ever player they have had, cried because he wasn't allowed to sign for Spurs. They have regularly lost their marquee players to Tottenham in the post war era, a slight insight to why they are always so bitter.

Since they last won a trophy we have won: 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups 1 Uefa Cup as well reaching 2 further League cup finals, 5 FA Cup semi finals that didn't lead to a final appearance, played in europe nearly half of that period as well as played in the Champions League.

None of this is opinion, this is all fact. It won't make a blind bit of difference to someone who is unwilling or unable to think laterally and reasonably which is more than likely a good description of the type of people you are dealing with.

West Ham are not rivals with Tottenham Hotpsur. If we started to slide down the table and ended up in a relegation dogfight season after season, then we would be rivals.

The only thing we have in common is our fanbase are genuine supporters and not glory hunters.

History wise, we are nothing a like. We've not been relegated since the 70s. They haven't won a trophy since 1980.

Spurs fans who say West Ham are our rivals are doing nothing more than validating their misguided notion that this is the case. It's funny how they constantly have to tell us that were rivals isn't it? I mean it's not like we have to insist to scum fans that the two clubs are rivals.

Back