• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

20 years....it's just unacceptable

NYSpur

Andy Gray
that we have finished below the red menace for that long. It defies logic that we have finished above the other top three but not them. I swear that Wenger struck a Faustian bargain that guaranteed it.....and when he is gone their stadium will spontaneously combust!

If I was the Spurs manager, I will pin the photos of Arsenal celebrating in our dressing room. Every Spurs players need to be reminded how the history books will remember them .. as total failures ! It is unacceptable not to finish above your local rivals atleast once this century !

It seems Wenger always make Arsenal respond positively everytime we beat them. They have been in excellent form ever since we beat them earlier in the season.

The vast majority of our team would not really give a fudge as they are not Tottenham.

If I was the Spurs manager, I will pin the photos of Arsenal celebrating in our dressing room. Every Spurs players need to be reminded how the history books will remember them .. as total failures ! It is unacceptable not to finish above your local rivals atleast once this century !

It seems Wenger always make Arsenal respond positively everytime we beat them. They have been in excellent form ever since we beat them earlier in the season.

Whenever they play us, it always seems to be a catalyst for them going on to win 15 games in a row, regardless of whether we beat them or they beat us. Can we not just play them on the last day of the season from now on?

Shows how inept we are that we have not managed it even once.

The vast majority of our team would not really give a fudge as they are not Tottenham.

Strange thing to say. With 5 academy players in our side, 3 of whom have been at the club since they were at primary school, we are more 'Tottenham' than I can ever remember us being.

Arsenal have the 4th biggest wage bill. We have the 6th. That's why they usually finish 4th, and we usually finish 6th. It won't change till the stadium is built.

Is there an historical arse equivalent to this St Tottenham day or whatever they call it, or is this an invention of modern day plastic fans?

This particular statistic fills me with shame and it's why I get so fudged off with some Spurs fans who are more concerned with getting one over on Chelsea or Liverpool.

The man who probably came closest to overturning it?....

IMO two men are to blame (in order of blame)

1. Irving Scholar for bankrupting us.
2. Alan Sugar for making so many bad decisions and ensuring we were not competing at the top table during a critical period for football

For the first half of that period I totally agree...especially Sugar who couldn't see the chances to take calculated risks which Manure, Chelski and Arsenal were taking..sigh...

..however Redknapp had the golden ticket in 2011/12 and he blew it, and after having so many chances in the latter part of that season as well..you know the details i wont go intro them again

It was more what David Dein did right than anything we did wrong.

At the end of 80s the big 5 were us, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Man U. We were always 4th or 5th of those though. 3 of them are still ahead of us now and Chelsea and City have been doped, so you can't really compare them.

What's more important is to look at the other teams who have disappeared - Leeds, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa and recently Everton. We've possibly stood still relatively, but we're still in the new big 6, whereas we easily couldn't be.

Back