• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Zlatan on… being part of a team
“Obviously you cannot have 11 Zlatans on a team (although I understand scientists are working on it with cloning technology). So in the meantime, it’s important that everyone knows his role: supporting the Zlatan and making him look good.”

Zlatan on… Ajax
“It was like being at school but for some reason they did not teach a class in Zlatan Studies. Not acceptable.”

Zlatan on… Fabio Capello
“Scary guy. But I made him fear me with the power of my mind.”

Zlatan on… David Beckham
“Not a bad looking guy but not in the Zlatan class when it comes to making the ladies come over funny.”

Zlatan on… GHod
“He’s been a big influence on me. And I know he’d say the same vice versa.”

Zlatan on… Syria
“I would go there and park my tanks on their lawn. I have several tanks. So what? I earned the money, if I want to drive a tank then I will. Or maybe I would solve the situation with diplomacy, it depends on how I felt on the day.”

Zlatan on… Gareth Bale
“Not too sure what this is. Sorry.”

Zlatan on… Arsene Wenger
“Very smart guy. I could tell he was clever as soon as he said ‘Zlatan, you are a great player’. Unfortunately he would not meet my demands (stadium to be renamed Emirates Zlatan, team to be called London Zlatan, Thierry Henry to be my butler) so unfortunately I had to laugh in his face and leave.”

Zlatan on… Trees
“I hate them. Their stupid leaves, branches, towering over me. They think they’re better than me. Newsflash: They are not.”

Zlatan on… Sir Alex Ferguson
“Just imagine what he could have achieved in his career if he’d had Zlatan.”

Zlatan on… Lionel Messi
“Like a Fiat Uno with a Ferrari’s engine. But I am a Ferrari with a Ferrari’s engine. I would like to drive my Ferrari over his tiny Fiat head.”

Zlatan on… his temper
“The fire burns within me. I’m like an engine that needs anger as its fuel. Once, my Ferrari ran out of petrol so I filled it up with my essence. I have other Ferraris now.”

Zlatan on… Laurent Blanc
“He understands me, he nurtures me, he encourages me. I often give him advice about how best to understand me. There is a lot of respect.”

Zlatan on… kicking a giant metal chest full of football kit
“Now it fears me.”

Zlatan on… Pep Guardiola
“He tried to keep me in a box and do bad things to me. Like in that movie where the guy cuts the arms legs off that woman. It was horrible. I escaped by doing something awesome and getting in my car.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/alantyers/10291237/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-the-world-according-to-me-in-unpublished-extracts-from-his-fictional-autobiography.html

:lol:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Striker fumes as Borg is top sporting Swede

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is upset at losing out to tennis ace Bjorn Borg as Sweden's top sports person of all time.

Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter ranked the top 150 Swedes but placed Ibrahimovic behind the five-times Wimbledon winner.

Congratulated by the paper, the PSG striker responded: "Thank you, but to finish second is like finishing last."

Asked for his top Swedes, he replied: "I would have been No 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others."

You gotta love the mad *******. :D

This guy really does have delusions of grandeur beyond anything you can imagine. Don't get me wrong, he's a top player, but Bjorn Borg would be in the discussion for the one of the best players in his sport, ever. Would Ibrahimovic even crack the top 50 of all time footballers? Why has he never won the CL if he's as good as he thinks he is despite having numerous opportunities?

He is a bit deluded, but arent we all? and the gap between how good he thinks he is, and how good he actually is, isnt that big. If the swedish population feel Borg is their best ever sportsman, Zlatan should probably accept it and show a bit more humilty. However, i can definitely see why he thinks that he should have won it. for one, football has a much bigger profile than tennis globally, and thus you could seriously argue that it is harder to get to where zlatan has got than where borg got to in their respective sports.

there are many great players that havent won the CL. and whatever your "top 50 of all time is", there are probably loads in that list that havent won the cl too.

He is a bit deluded, but arent we all? and the gap between how good he thinks he is, and how good he actually is, isnt that big. If the swedish population feel Borg is their best ever sportsman, Zlatan should probably accept it and show a bit more humilty. However, i can definitely see why he thinks that he should have won it. for one, football has a much bigger profile than tennis globally, and thus you could seriously argue that it is harder to get to where zlatan has got than where borg got to in their respective sports.

there are many great players that havent won the CL. and whatever your "top 50 of all time is", there are probably loads in that list that havent won the cl too.

Tennis will never be as popular as football, but that doesn't mean he should be considered the greatest athlete in Sweden. Xherdan Shaqiri would not be in the discussion for Switzerland's greatest ever athlete as Federer would walk it.

I mentioned the CL because it's unfair to criticise too much for him for Sweden not progressing past the group stage of tournaments. But he has played in more than enough top teams to have had a bigger impact in the CL than he has done so far besides scoring great goals in the group stages. He has never showed up in a big quarter/semi final from what I recall.

remember he didn't watch the world cup because it wasn't worth watching as he (and sweden) didn't qualify

Tennis will never be as popular as football, but that doesn't mean he should be considered the greatest athlete in Sweden. Xherdan Shaqiri would not be in the discussion for Switzerland's greatest ever athlete as Federer would walk it.

I mentioned the CL because it's unfair to criticise too much for him for Sweden not progressing past the group stage of tournaments. But he has played in more than enough top teams to have had a bigger impact in the CL than he has done so far besides scoring great goals in the group stages. He has never showed up in a big quarter/semi final from what I recall.

i'm not necessarily disagreeing with you or disputing that borg>zlatan. but, i don't think its out of the question that zlatan should have won the award. i think the gap between federer-shaqiri is a lot larger than borg-zlatan. federer is arguably the best to have ever played tennis. and zlatan has acheived much more in football than shaqiri will probably ever do. also i seem to remember people from within the game who rated zlatan above messi and ronaldo. i think wenger was one of these guys.

regarding your cl point, i also dont seem to be able to recall too many situations where he has dominated big games, but it is difficult for these flair players to do much in these kind of matches. henry is probably the best player to have ever played in the prem, but he was also another guy that didnt consistently win big matches on his own. football is a team game, and sometimes the flair of players like zlatan is sacrificed in big games. i think its harsh to focus on one player out of eleven when looking at why zlatan didnt didnt win the cl for example. he has won multiple league titles in europes top leagues for various teams. surely this is enough of an acheivement for him to at least be seriously considered for the best athlete award.

Zlatan has a public persona, it's the character he likes to play.

That "never does it in the big games" stuff is all nonsense as well, he's done it plenty of times for Ajax and Juve, most notably in league winning situations.

Let also not forget that he actually nearly got the better of Michael Dawson in that CL game against Milan, not many players that can be said about now is there.

Zlatan has a public persona, it's the character he likes to play.

That "never does it in the big games" stuff is all nonsense as well, he's done it plenty of times for Ajax and Juve, most notably in league winning situations.

Let also not forget that he actually nearly got the better of Michael Dawson in that CL game against Milan, not many players that can be said about now is there.

Just not in the latter stages of the CL.

Have you seen the list?

Mats Wilander ahead of Steffen Edberg?

Tomas Brolin ahead of Henrik Larsson?

Peter Forsberg only 9th?

Sweden should just stick to making crap furniture.

Anyone read his book? Its a great read take with a pinch of salt though on some of the things he says. Hopefully, he'll bring out another book. The guys got personality, football needs characters like him

I have, really good read, obviously it's his take on things but he comes across as an incredibly likeable guy who's had a far from easy route into the game

I like that he refers to himself in the third person a lot. That and he's scored some of the most ridiculous goals ever seen.

Zlatan would be nowhere but where would borg be in British sport rankings if he was a brit?

Number one or not far off. Up there with bannister, best, piggott, Coe, Jonathan Edwards, Hoy and wilkinson.

Somebody asked him, what did he buy his wife for xmas

He replied nothing, she has Zlatan hahaha

He is one player I would love to see in the PL but never will due to the stupid wages he earns at PSG

Zlatan would be nowhere but where would borg be in British sport rankings if he was a brit?

Number one or not far off. Up there with bannister, best, piggott, Coe, Jonathan Edwards, Hoy and wilkinson.

so in a list with others who would be no where near top either?

Back