• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

YouTube audio

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Is there a way to continue to listen to YouTube videos, whilst coming away from that webpage i.e. Texting or checking out other phone stuff?

Only I listen to YouTube videos to learn new subjects i.e. new languages, or subjects that interest me. And whenever I get a text, I have to stop the video and then start over.

There ought to be a way to listen to YouTube without actually watching the video if it is only the audio that you want.

Any ideas?

Not sure if your phone is the same as an iPad, but if you move away it stops, then swipe screen up and you can press play to carry on listening while you are in another app.

Iphone is and has always been useless at multitasking. I don't know why they have never resolved that, because android has had this functionality for years.

I don't think it's down to multitasking. Spotify works fine in the background, but thats' obviously just audio. I don't know if it's a deliberate (annoying) thing on there. It's the same with the app as it is on a web page.

Back