• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You got 10k, what car would you buy.

Yes, they sell cars only up to 3 years old. Have you tried car giant in white city as they have a far greater variety and up to 7 years old. Depends what your looking for.

Yes, they sell cars only up to 3 years old. Have you tried car giant in white city as they have a far greater variety and up to 7 years old. Depends what your looking for.

Car Giant is a rip off.

For 10k you could be buying a model a year or even two older than what you could get buying from Autotrader privately.

I have been doing a lot of reading of reviews on motorpoint. Apparently a lot of the vehicles are from abroad, which means they are not or have been made to UK spec. Should I be worried about this. We have pinpointed a decent deal, well in her eyes it is.. I wouldn't go Astra, anyway.. look at this, year old car, which could have a 3 year warranty on it.. but unless one see's its history one cannot tell.

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Vauxhall/Astra/410392

This car if at a Network Q outlet, would be a good 2-3k more.

Having read a lot of the reviews many issues seem to pop up

Will not give Service History until payment made
Will not show car until payment made
Will not say number plate until payment made
Hard sell of the finance and extras like valeting.
Hidden costs, like transfer of vehicle from each depot.

i got my current (second hand) car from a ford dealer, i'm sure i paid more than i could have privately but i did get a warranty, 3 years servicing and a full years tax/mot so i'm quite happy all in

I have been doing a lot of reading of reviews on motorpoint. Apparently a lot of the vehicles are from abroad, which means they are not or have been made to UK spec. Should I be worried about this. We have pinpointed a decent deal, well in her eyes it is.. I wouldn't go Astra, anyway.. look at this, year old car, which could have a 3 year warranty on it.. but unless one see's its history one cannot tell.

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Vauxhall/Astra/410392

This car if at a Network Q outlet, would be a good 2-3k more.

Having read a lot of the reviews many issues seem to pop up

Will not give Service History until payment made
Will not show car until payment made
Will not say number plate until payment made
Hard sell of the finance and extras like valeting.
Hidden costs, like transfer of vehicle from each depot.

lol what short of company wont even show you the car till you have paid for it or show service history etc. I don't know the ins and outs of how they operate but I'd stay well away.

Been for a nice ride in my boss's brand spanking new A8 today, lovely motor.

Perhaps a Focus, Astra, Golf etc.

Told you!

I think Car Giant are OK DHSF, I haven't bought from them but have been tempted. They aren't gloriously wonderful but there are a lot worse out there.

Just go on Autotrader like I said mate

Told you!

I think Car Giant are OK DHSF, I haven't bought from them but have been tempted. They aren't gloriously wonderful but there are a lot worse out there.

Just go on Autotrader like I said mate

Car Giant are ok in terms of service etc but im thinking more along the lines of getting more for your money. Car Giant and the likes will sell a car for more than you can get off Autotrader thats because theyre working on a profit margin. However theyre also selling peace of mind. What I will use to counteract that is generally a car that is no older than three years buying privately is totally the way to go - they still have warranty, they wont need an MOT and the chances are the service prices may well be lower.

I have brought from private dealers, not individual people, and they always had cars cheaper but the service was just as good and haggling was FAR easier.

I guess it just bugs me that they sell a car for 2k more than you can get it for from an individual. Thats the difference between buying a 09 plate or a 10 plate.

lol what short of company wont even show you the car till you have paid for it or show service history etc. I don't know the ins and outs of how they operate but I'd stay well away.

Did a car check on the above car and its come out to have finance outstanding on it. lol.. got to phone a number tomorrow which the car check people gave..

Car bought! 9 months old.. 3000 miles. Astra 1.6

Insurance is a third to what she was paying for the BMW lol

Will post pictures when got time. Nice looking car tbh

Quick question......

anyone ever bought a "CAT D" damaged car?

There is one I'm looking at, at a good saving, but not sure wether to commit.

I know cat D is the lowest of the damage levels, but what should i watch out for?

Quick question......

anyone ever bought a "CAT D" damaged car?

There is one I'm looking at, at a good saving, but not sure wether to commit.

I know cat D is the lowest of the damage levels, but what should i watch out for?

Just get an RAC inspection. They're not expensive and could save you a fortune.

I ran an HPI check on it, which came back saying insurance write-off, extensive damage, we would advise you to NOT buy this car.

Shame, it looks perfect in the pics.

Back