• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You got 10k, what car would you buy.

Hi-jacking somewhat................apologies to the OP................

Has anyone on here got a mid-late 2000s Merc C-class?

Something like this...... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1/radius/1500/postcode/rh105ht?logcode=p

Interested to know opinions (actual experience, not just thoughts) about these and any pitfalls to watch out for.

Recently sold a 2009 C class sport estate. I just loved the car and would thoroughly recommend it. Very comfortable and quiet, quick enough (1.6 supercharged petrol) and imho the estate is more elegant than the saloon. I had a BMW 3 series M Sport before and the Merc was in a different league, better in every department. Would have had another but for the fact that my pesky 14 year old son is 6'2" and he was a bit cramped in the back so bought a Range Rover.

Get the C Class, you will never regret it.

Can't believe how expensive cars are over here in Oz compared to UK.

2010 BMW 3 Series in the UK = around 10,000 quid (around $18,000), in Oz you'd be looking at least $40,000.

Can't believe how expensive cars are over here in Oz compared to UK.

2010 BMW 3 Series in the UK = around 10,000 quid (around $18,000), in Oz you'd be looking at least $40,000.

I'm sure it doesn't cost $22,000 to get one shipped over.

Hint: If you live on a stony island miles from anywhere, consumables will cost a lot.

I'm sure they could put a car built in Java or Bali on a raft and float it out to you... I'm sure it would be ace.

Disc0 - that Lotus looks really old and crap - rubbish performance (acceleration, brakes, body roll, handling, gear change) and would break down more often than it was running. Do not buy it.

Im actually looking to get a nearly new Mondeo for 10-15k about a yr after the new shape comes out as it looks fantastic, design wise.

y4anubu3.jpg

If not theres a car dealer in Essex that does 2nd hand BMWs, Mercs, Audis, Land Rovers, etc for affordable prices. My old man picked up an A4 estate on a 04 plate for 5k with 120k on the clock

Last edited:
Im actually looking to get a nearly new Mondeo for 10-15k about a yr after the new shape comes out as it looks fantastic, design wise.

y4anubu3.jpg

If not theres a car dealer in Essex that does 2nd hand BMWs, Mercs, Audis, Land Rovers, etc for affordable prices. My old man picked up an A4 estate on a 04 plate for 5k with 120k on the clock

Not sure how I feel about the Aston Martin style grills on the new Fiesta and the new Mondeo above. Can't figure out of its tacky or classy..

Ok, got my old heap through another MOT yesterday, but it HAS to go in the very near future. (my mechanics words, not mine).

Does anyone know of any car company doing these "scrappage" schemes at the moment?

I keep hearing rumours, but can't seem to find anything definite. Was a rumour the government may do it again, but nothing so far.

Yeh, saw that after I posted, and gave them a ring.

Sounds wonderful, but it's only a deal against NEW car purchases, not used vehicles.

Would have loved £2k for my old jaloppy, but can't run to brand new at the moment.

Brought new once... meh... brilliant for the first six months then the novelty wears off and you see the same make model age of the car you're driving but with £5k off the list and 10k on the clock - there's no real benefit and definitely no financial benefit.

Wouldn't do it again.

Although I love my car is still running good.

Back