1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Yannick Carrasco

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Daisuk, 31 Jan 2022.

1. Yiddo

Yiddo Paul Robinson

Why would we want him?

2. Daisuk

Daisuk Tom Huddlestone

Rwb that supposedly fits into the system Conte wants to play? I don't know, man, can't remember ever having seen him play, but so I've read. :p

3. braineclipse

braineclipse David Ginola

Originally more of a wide attacker, very talented footballer. Played more of a wing back role for Belgium for a bit I think, in part because of their lack of natural wing/full backs. Has had a bit of a strange career, went to China relatively early in his career, back to Europe.

Has gotten fairly regular game time under Simeone now, but I don't know how he's been playing. Decent goal and assist numbers. I assume he still works hard given that he gets games under Simeone.

Not someone that would be an amazing player imo, but he has talent and quality and seems fairly versatile.

Daisuk likes this.
  4. Daisuk

Daisuk Tom Huddlestone

5. braineclipse

If this is true I very much doubt there will be more happening with this one. I think he's a good player, but not a "pay big release clause" player for me, and he plays in areas where we have other options in the squad and other potential transfer targets.

6. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

I agree, but do these clauses have to be met?

Surely the club can accept a lower fee if they want to move the player on, or take another player as part of the deal?

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  7. braineclipse

Of course the clubs can agree any fee they'd like. In theory we could even agree a fee greater than his release clause if we wanted to.

My comment was with regard to what was being said about Simeone's opinion. If that's true I struggle to see them agreeing a fee significantly lower than his release clause. And I struggle to see us paying his release clause or close to it.

Just my opinion of course.

Baleforce likes this.