• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group D (Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria)

As if Maradona has ever been a role model for anything. He's a bohemian diva, he does loads of coke and shows you the middle finger - so what? Not everyone needs to be a boring donkey just because they were once a famous footballer.

I don't think Nigeria had a good claim for a pen, by the way. He heads the ball into his own arm, no intent, and his arm is not in an unnatural position.

VAR 1 Diving cheating tossers 0 :cool:

Good to see Argentina progressing to Second Round but they are still unconvincing despite beating Nigeria 2-1. It was a brilliant goal by Messi for his first goal in this World Cup but Argentina failed to create any clear chances after that and let Nigeria equalize. It was stupid the way Mascherano gave away the penalty. I think Argentina won't progress as long as players like Mascherano and Higuain are still in the team. At least they managed to find the winning goal just when they badly needed it. But they will struggle against France in Second Round unless they improve. Nigeria's exit means Africa having a really poor tournament with only Senegal remaining.

Croatia did well to beat Iceland despite resting many first team players. But special mention to Iceland who were poor in their first ever World Cup. Maybe Iceland got big-headed after their Euro 2016 as their government decided to boycott this World Cup. It was really stupid for Iceland government to boycott this World Cup despite them playing for the first time ever. Maybe they got what they deserved.

Good to see Argentina progressing to Second Round but they are still unconvincing despite beating Nigeria 2-1. It was a brilliant goal by Messi for his first goal in this World Cup but Argentina failed to create any clear chances after that and let Nigeria equalize. It was stupid the way Mascherano gave away the penalty. I think Argentina won't progress as long as players like Mascherano and Higuain are still in the team. At least they managed to find the winning goal just when they badly needed it. But they will struggle against France in Second Round unless they improve. Nigeria's exit means Africa having a really poor tournament with only Senegal remaining.

Croatia did well to beat Iceland despite resting many first team players. But special mention to Iceland who were poor in their first ever World Cup. Maybe Iceland got big-headed after their Euro 2016 as their government decided to boycott this World Cup. It was really stupid for Iceland government to boycott this World Cup despite them playing for the first time ever. Maybe they got what they deserved.

What the hell are you on about their government boycotted this World Cup????

Are you Russian by any chance? Also what exactly are you expecting from Iceland? They’re the smallest country in it and got a draw with the Argies!

What the hell are you on about their government boycotted this World Cup????

Iceland's leaders to boycott Russia World Cup over Salisbury attack
(Reuters) - Iceland’s leaders will not attend the soccer World Cup in Russia this year as part of an international response to punish the Kremlin for a nerve agent attack on a former Russian spy in England that the British government has blamed on Moscow.

Despite the tiny island nation of just over 300,000 people making it to the finals of the world’s biggest soccer tournament, there will be no Icelandic diplomatic presence at the World Cup, the Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

“Among the measures taken by Iceland is the temporary postponement of all high-level bilateral dialogue with Russian authorities. Consequently, Icelandic leaders will not attend the FIFA World Cup in Russia this summer,” a ministry statement said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...world-cup-over-salisbury-attack-idUSKBN1H22SH

This was really stupid. The World Cup is bigger than politics and it won't get affected by a few hundred politicians or fans not attending. It would be a big loss for those not attending as they miss the chance of a lifetime to watch their team play in the World Cup. The British government and royals who decided to boycott will look really stupid if England do make it to the Final. Will they swallow their pride and attend the Final or be stubborn and miss the chance of a lifetime to see England win the World Cup ?

This World Cup has proven that the lack of European fans won't affect any World Cup, regardless of where it is held, as the passionate South Americans and Mexicans will always lift it up.

Are you Russian by any chance? Also what exactly are you expecting from Iceland? They’re the smallest country in it and got a draw with the Argies!

Well, I thought Argentina and Iceland would progress from this group. After all, Iceland had finished above Croatia in the qualifying group.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...world-cup-over-salisbury-attack-idUSKBN1H22SH

This was really stupid. The World Cup is bigger than politics and it won't get affected by a few hundred politicians or fans not attending. It would be a big loss for those not attending as they miss the chance of a lifetime to watch their team play in the World Cup. The British government and royals who decided to boycott will look really stupid if England do make it to the Final. Will they swallow their pride and attend the Final or be stubborn and miss the chance of a lifetime to see England win the World Cup ?

This World Cup has proven that the lack of European fans won't affect any World Cup, regardless of where it is held, as the passionate South Americans and Mexicans will always lift it up.

The U.K. government have done the same too

What Russia did was wrong on every level and it hasn’t gone away

The WC is never bigger than politics when one country kills a person in another... that starts wars

The U.K. government have done the same too

What Russia did was wrong on every level and it hasn’t gone away

The WC is never bigger than politics when one country kills a person in another... that starts wars

Politics should not be mixed with sports. If you do mix, then you won't enjoy it. Almost all the countries are guilty of some sort of war crimes and human rights abuse. After all, Americans cannot live without war and the British cannot live without Americans ! When the Americans and Britain invaded Iraq in 2003, I almost stopped supporting Spurs. I was thinking why should I support an English club whose government goes around killing innocent people ? Then decided politics should be not mixed with sports !

Politics should not be mixed with sports. If you do mix, then you won't enjoy it. Almost all the countries are guilty of some sort of war crimes and human rights abuse. After all, Americans cannot live without war and the British cannot live without Americans ! When the Americans and Britain invaded Iraq in 2003, I almost stopped supporting Spurs. I was thinking why should I support an English club whose government goes around killing innocent people ? Then decided politics should be not mixed with sports !

I can’t disagree with any of that to be fair

Back