• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wireless Headphones

I think I want earbuds. Small wireless ones, though I am not sure why! AirPod pros are £250 - beautiful but paying the Apple premium. At first glance, two others jump out - the Sony earbuds which are highly rated, but look a bit big. The cheaper cambridge audio buds are well priced and small. may try these.

Edit: they look like they stick out the ear a little. Hmm. Maybe over the head, headphones are a better option.

I think I want earbuds. Small wireless ones, though I am not sure why! AirPod pros are £250 - beautiful but paying the Apple premium. At first glance, two others jump out - the Sony earbuds which are highly rated, but look a bit big. The cheaper cambridge audio buds are well priced and small. may try these.

Edit: they look like they stick out the ear a little. Hmm. Maybe over the head, headphones are a better option.
I’ve got the pros
I’ve also got some over the ear ones.
Both are brilliant but to get high end Over the ear noise cancellation you get a lot of weight on the cans...
If your serious look at Bose sport ones as my bro in law has some and their brilliant and not crazily heavy

I've got a pair of these and I really like them.

The Sony wh-1000xm3 are undoubtedly the best around but they are twice the price and massive.

In ear pods are horrible to wear, comfort wise. Also, there's the high probability of losing them. Imo, only in-ear devices that are personally moulded to fit you works.

In ear pods are horrible to wear, comfort wise. Also, there's the high probability of losing them. Imo, only in-ear devices that are personally moulded to fit you works.

I don’t like the ones that go in the canal either, I find them very uncomfortable, I’ve never felt that my AirPods (standard not pro) were gonna fall out though.

Airpod sound leakage causes immense tube rage. It’s quite lucky for everyone else on the Piccadilly line that I’m weedy and unarmed.

So pleased to hear someone else say this! It is literally the thing that makes me the most angry in the world. The Apple clams who design such brick fudging leaky earphones, and the consumer clams that buy them. Surely the fundamental purpose of earphones is to prevent other people from hearing what you’re listening to? Does my fudging head in!

———

P.S. I’ve just bought a pair of those Sony in-ear ones, so will share my thoughts once they’ve arrived.

So pleased to hear someone else say this! It is literally the thing that makes me the most angry in the world. The Apple clams who design such brick fudging leaky earphones, and the consumer clams that buy them. Surely the fundamental purpose of earphones is to prevent other people from hearing what you’re listening to? Does my fudging head in!

———

P.S. I’ve just bought a pair of those Sony in-ear ones, so will share my thoughts once they’ve arrived.
They work absolutely brilliantly. As long as you don’t turn them up to tacoty levels of volume and tinkle everybody else off!

They work absolutely brilliantly. As long as you don’t turn them up to tacoty levels of volume and tinkle everybody else off!
No, they don't work. The apple ipods are horrible in every way, and fail at the main purpose of in ear headphones, with the extensive sound leakage. Add mediocre sound quality (being generous here), with zero detail and imaging, and pretty awful fit. All in all they're one of the worst I've ever tried, and that's even before you consider the price!
If you're talking about the Sonys, they are much much better!

No, they don't work. The apple ipods are horrible in every way, and fail at the main purpose of in ear headphones, with the extensive sound leakage. Add mediocre sound quality (being generous here), with zero detail and imaging, and pretty awful fit. All in all they're one of the worst I've ever tried, and that's even before you consider the price!
If you're talking about the Sonys, they are much much better!
Mine don’t fall out. And sound better than any other in ear headphone (which lets be honest if you’re plugging those into a telephone then complaining about sound quality then what do you expect). I use mine for phone calls and podcasts.

Perhaps you just have funny shaped ears?

Apparently they don’t stop growing in men as we age....

Mine don’t fall out. And sound better than any other in ear headphone (which lets be honest if you’re plugging those into a telephone then complaining about sound quality then what do you expect). I use mine for phone calls and podcasts.

Perhaps you just have funny shaped ears?

Apparently they don’t stop growing in men as we age....
Good that you're happy with yours, but as with most apple products, they're overpriced and under-achieving.

Back