• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where will we finish?

Spurs PL final position 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuinely not sure at the moment - the next 5/6 games will be crucial to where were come. Get through those with good stead and I think we can push City for the league, if we come out badly then we'll probably end up fourth.

I voted for third.

Depends on whether we win, lose or draw in our remaining fixtures and how the other teams do in this regard as well.

Mass suicide it is.

I voted for third which I would be more than happy with. Automatic qualification for the CL and finishing above Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Let's say we definitely finish in the top 4, who would people want to finish 3rd/4th and who do people want to not finish in the top 4? Goes without saying I want Arsenal to miss out, but I hate Chelsea, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

We can still win it, Thursday night football will cause the Mancs problems.
The run in looks great, just got to get through the next few staying in touch with Man C.

The fact that some would be upset if we finished 4th should make us all very happy

Our wages are 50% of Liverpool and Arsenal

We are fudging awesome!!!!!!

Let's say we definitely finish in the top 4, who would people want to finish 3rd/4th and who do people want to not finish in the top 4? Goes without saying I want Arsenal to miss out, but I hate Chelsea, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
If we're 3rd it's gotta be Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 4th spot. Dislike Liverpool and Chelsea more and those two clubs not being in the Champions League would do more damage to them, which is better for us. Plus it would be hilarious for King Kenny and Abramovic's mercenaries to miss out :D I quite like the way Saudi Sportswashing Machine have gone about things this season, and Pardew seems like an alright bloke.

I think we might have to tbh, it would take a collapse even more spectacular than usual for Spurs to finish outside of the top 4.

Another question is, where do we deserve to finish? On merit?

Measured by first team ability we deserve to finish 2nd in my opinion (I don't think I can vote or edit).

United for all their professionalism, playing percentages and grinding out results, have scraped by this season. They are still formidable with top class players, but they're a shadow of the team that had Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Nevil etc in their prime.

Chelsea, Arse, Pool are clearly all over the place, only city seem a coherent team. We deserve 2nd on merit, and I think we'll finish 2nd (it would be typical of Spurs to just miss out on the title on the last day). But if City do bottle it, and our talented first team stay fit, anything is possible. Its all about mental strength now. Its the best chance to win the league in most of our life times.

I've read a few posts today where people think we should consolidate 3rd, when on ability, we should surely be looking forward only.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be great for fourth, I fudging despise Chelsea and Arsenal.

Voted 3rd as its the least I want. 4th would be a disappointment and could possibly prompt Modric to request a transfer again if Chelsea leapfrogged us.

We still have a very slim chance of winning the whole thing, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Had we beaten City we'd be top right now and I'd talk our chances up but as it stands, 3rd would be a great achievement and something to build on in the summer

Heck, I'd love to win the title just to hear City fans reactions that we did it with one of their players

Back