• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

WBDJ7

That's not the case though. Regardless of what laws they pass, the Supreme Court has the power to nullify it by ruling it unconstitutional.

It again needs to be stated, even democrats have no appetite for UK style gun control. They would never get elected on that platform and if they did it without a mandate they would doom the party.

it then becomes a philosophical argument, is making everybody safer unconstitutional? a favourable bench would back this surely, the constitution isn't set in stone

I have no doubt there are idiots on the otherside of the aisle

do you think federal gun control is impossible?

it then becomes a philosophical argument, is making everybody safer unconstitutional? a favourable bench would back this surely, the constitution isn't set in stone

I have no doubt there are idiots on the otherside of the aisle

do you think federal gun control is impossible?
The constitution is unambiguous on the right to bear arms. Its a fundamental tenant on which the country has been built upon, it is considered as sacred as the right to free speech and free elections.

The funny thing about many gun control laws is that they are often just political posturing from the Democrats. An 'assault weapon' ban sounds good and banning automatic weapons makes perfect sense IMO, but often the weapons that were banned were just semi automatic rifles that are no more dangerous than a semi automatic pistol, they just looked scarier.

I'm holding onto hope that common sense will prevail and the majority will realise that free speech and free elections are good things whereas allowing unfettered access to guns is crazy

I'm surprised there's not already a thread on this. 2 people murdered live on TV, gunman also films it on his phone and uploads to social media.

Of all the death and destruction in the world, this one seems to really hit home hard. Sickening, frightening. Just so unbelievable that you can't quite express what you've seen.

Time for America to act (or was that after the children were murdered in Sandy Hook.)

The look on the poor girl's face. My GHod. (I've seen the still, not the video. I wouldn't watch that).

And the guy too, recently engaged, good guy by all accounts.

What a tragedy for their loved ones.

EDIT - the spelling of 'GHod' has autocorrected. I wouldn't put a Spurs reference in a topic like this.

I'm holding onto hope that common sense will prevail and the majority will realise that free speech and free elections are good things whereas allowing unfettered access to guns is crazy

You only have the opinion that it's 'common sense' because you've grown up in a society that fosters that opinion. Going beyond the topic of guns I work with a number of people from different cultures and it's fascinating to consider things we do which go against the 'common sense' of their culture, and while I often disagree with them their arguments have merit.

The look on the poor girl's face. My GHod. (I've seen the still, not the video. I wouldn't watch that).

And the guy too, recently engaged, good guy by all accounts.

What a tragedy for their loved ones.

EDIT - the spelling of 'GHod' has autocorrected. I wouldn't put a Spurs reference in a topic like this.

I'm the same. I don't want to watch the video, ignorance is bliss.

the US is a very strange country, I never thought there'd be gay marriage and legalization of drugs in certain states but gun laws will NEVER change.
Its part of the fabric of the society, no-one will campaign against it because it's a vote loser even in the safest of democratic areas.
There's always outrage over these incidents and the NRA comes out and says that if everyone had guns, they could have stopped the shooter.
Thats their official stand on this and this would sound like lunacy in other countries but thats what happens in the land of the free.
Piers Morgan found that out very quickly

I think I read that 295 people were shot dead on the day of the TV shooting.......words fail me here

Back