• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Watches

There are actually different 'ratings' of fakes - i.e. cheap ones to really decent ones.

Before I started buying proper watches I had a contact in China. Even the best Swiss watches are made from Chinese parts and assembled in Switzerland.

This guy used to have contacts in all the factories out there and had them smuggle parts out for his experts to build. They weren't cheap (around ?ú300-400), but were exact replicas of the originals - the only fake bit was the serial number.

I've got a couple of Tags from him stored away that still run when I dig them out.

I did some work with a watch manufacturer, so had access to their product prices and margins

If you spend ?ú2K on a watch, you're paying up to ?ú1,000 in margin for distributors and retailers

Last edited:
Bought my wife a Michel Herbelin trade about 20 years ago, my brother in law has a shop in Woodford Green, rated their quality very highly for a "non name" watch.

As close as pretty much anybody's going to get to the original Heuer Monaco. You lucky devil!

If I was going to go for the Monaco, it would have to be this one. The Heritage I'm toying with is the white face with the navy blue accents. It looks the conkers but I don't know how it'll date.

If I was going to go for the Monaco, it would have to be this one. The Heritage I'm toying with is the white face with the navy blue accents. It looks the conkers but I don't know how it'll date.

If you buy and sell in the right places and look after you watches well then that kind of watch should never lose value. You can sell older ones to buy newer ones with little or no outlay.

botta_uno_24_watches.jpg

Love this Watch... so simple.

This Tokyoflash watch was only about ?ú50 but has been one of my favourites for ages, I always come back to it.
tokyo-flash-diode-watch_msp.jpg

How do you feel about this one?
remi_blue.jpg

I think the white one you got looks nicer, but this I can get for ?ú60 it seems and I can't find the white one in any Norwegian shops.

Not bad for ?ú60 but the White one for me does edge it, goes with everything too as it's a neutral colour. but as i said, instead of spending ?ú1,000+ on a watch, cost me ?ú90, and gets far more comments than a friend who has a 3k costing Tag watch.

Back