• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Watches

I'm happy to have the replicas, roughly $60 a pop, if I lose one or it breaks not bothered, got a few nice one's now, nobody knows if they are real or not and I don't say anything about it either

Haha awesome. Even more fun. Wear them with aplomb! Which is your favorite?

@MKSpur Moonphases are always tempting, small watch company option

detroit-watch-co-1030x700.jpg

Really nice watch, the two extra knobs...why? integrate the functions into the main one or make the outer ones smaller, 3 big knobs is a bit gay init @Danishfurniturelover

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for this watch, but I think you need hefty wrists, I don't like watches looking too oversized, and the way the strap falls it makes the piece look even bigger.

More formal, I quite like this.

This also caught my eye, it has an automatic movement that replicates the genuine watch.

Which one to go for?

I have a soft spot for this watch, but I think you need hefty wrists, I don't like watches looking too oversized, and the way the strap falls it makes the piece look even bigger.

More formal, I quite like this.

This also caught my eye, it has an automatic movement that replicates the genuine watch.

Which one to go for?

Generally go for bigger watches, I'm also huge fan of exhibition case backs. they suck with dress shirt cuffs though.

Out of the three you put up, I'd go with the Mont Blanc

Generally go for bigger watches, I'm also huge fan of exhibition case backs. they suck with dress shirt cuffs though.

Out of the three you put up, I'd go with the Mont Blanc

This would solve your dress shirt and cuffs issues, only 10mm. It is elegant and classical, but maybe too simple. Reminds me of a watch my grandfather gave me; sadly stolen by some ****** builders. His family were watchmakers and had a factory around Edmonton I think.

I spotted these 'vintage' casios while browsing. Actually think they're quite cool! So daft that they're actually cool.
View attachment 12885

I remember getting a Casio digital watch as either a birthday or Christmas present. Just a round face with the digital display, nothing else, but I thought it was great and I was the first person in my class to have one.
For some reason I felt a sentimental attachment to it and kept hold of it until we were burgled 9 or 10 years ago and it went along with everything else of both value and no value on my dressing table (including my first ever Spurs pin badge).

I remember getting a Casio digital watch as either a birthday or Christmas present. Just a round face with the digital display, nothing else, but I thought it was great and I was the first person in my class to have one.
For some reason I felt a sentimental attachment to it and kept hold of it until we were burgled 9 or 10 years ago and it went along with everything else of both value and no value on my dressing table (including my first ever Spurs pin badge).
Sorry about the theft. Very frustrating to lose personal possessions that way.

In mid/late 80's I had a Casio that made most peoples jaw drop at the time. It could store names and phone numbers, and the real party trick was that you could actually make the call with the watch! It could play the DTMF tones, those beeps that are different for each digit, and by holding the watch close to the microphone on the telephone and playing the DTMF tones, the phone would dial the number!

Real high tech stuff at that time. I still have it, but unfortunately it's not in working condition anymore.

Edit. Found a little video demonstration of this exact watch

Dear GHod, I thought you were one of the classy ones.

Should those apple things even be allowed in the watch thread?

Honestly i used to want the fancy watch, but a family friend who got super into them and he's a dingdonghead so put me off entirely.

Now i have zero interest in owning a fancy watch. i get many are pieces that improve with time and go up in value, but i couldn't think of anything worse than dropping thousands for a watch and sticking it away in a box for 1 day a year to come out.

My watch can find my phone whenever i've left it in the house, track my calories, exercise, alll the things i want out of it!

Honestly i used to want the fancy watch, but a family friend who got super into them and he's a dingdonghead so put me off entirely.

Now i have zero interest in owning a fancy watch. i get many are pieces that improve with time and go up in value, but i couldn't think of anything worse than dropping thousands for a watch and sticking it away in a box for 1 day a year to come out.

My watch can find my phone whenever i've left it in the house, track my calories, exercise, alll the things i want out of it!
Watches are a very good way of avoiding the govt stealing loads of your kids' inheritance.

Back