• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Every time I think about yesterday's match (which is pretty much every 5 minutes) the one thing that comes to mind is "damn, how good was Wanyama!"

What a player we have signed. And one who genuinely wanted to play for us. Doesn't get any better transferwise.

Victor Wanyama warns Tottenham's title rivals: Emirates Marketing Project win proves Spurs 'can beat any team'

Victor Wanyama has warned Tottenham's Premier League rivals that Sunday's 2-0 victory over Emirates Marketing Project provesMauricio Pochettino's side are a match for anyone.

Spurs were in sensational form against Pep Guardiola's City at White Hart Lane, with an Aleksandar Kolarov own goal and a Dele Alli strike putting the hosts in control at half-time.

The result wiped out Guardiola's perfect Premier League record, and could have been even worse for the Catalan coach had Claudio Bravo not saved an Erik Lamela penalty.

"If we continue playing like this it can take us somewhere good, somewhere better than last season.

Spur' summer signing Wanyama was bullish about the win, telling reporters: "We know we can beat any team.

"We had to make sure that we kept a clean sheet, kept focus. It was tough but we always felt that we were strong and we knew we could get something.”

He aint all that, remember ... we had Zokoraaaa !!!

But to be serious, what a game - and then the saints go and replace him with Romeo. How do the saints do it ?? We have been poaching off them for years, long may it continue ;)

He was brilliant yesterday - in the first half. Second half not so good, just like most of his teammates. I thought he drifted out of position and pressed too high at times, opening up space for Leverkusen. Plus his passes started going astray too.

That said, I'm overall very impressed by him. And I won't judge him by that second half performance, because it was a team collapse.

Watching Wanyama this evening made me think of @Gutter Boy as he still refuses to admit that he was wrong about him. All he has been able to muster is that Wanyama "has done okay". I think he has been a fantastic signing for us, a snip at £11m
The problem is that some people make up their mind about a player without ever really actually watching them. I was confused when some posters on here questioned Wanyama's ability as he looked the perfect holding midfield player when playing there for a decent Southampton team. I said at the time we signed him that it wouldn't surprise me to see Wanyma establishing himself as first choice in that position ahead of Dier. We are very lucky to now have two of hte best holding midfielders in the PL in our squad.

He was brilliant yesterday - in the first half. Second half not so good, just like most of his teammates. I thought he drifted out of position and pressed too high at times, opening up space for Leverkusen. Plus his passes started going astray too.

That said, I'm overall very impressed by him. And I won't judge him by that second half performance, because it was a team collapse.

How do we not collapse as a team when put under a lot of pressure? Key question as it seems like a recurring issue, no?

For me the job the deep midfielder(s) does on the ball is key in those situations. It's where Wanyama continues to look unimpressive and that for me is a worry.

If he can perform like he did in the first half yesterday he's excellent. Question is if he can do that in different conditions.

Back