• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unofficial Official OMT - Spurs v Newport

Were the commentators poor all game? 10 minutes in and they are talking about how we haven't used most of the players on the field, when 5 of them are only just coming back from injury.

The Guardian ran a headline about "Lamela's goal drought"

Good win, a lot easier than I thought it would be, Newport couldn't cope with the size of the pitch. I've never seen such a big unit like Nouble beaten so many times in the air by a hobbit.

Nice to get this win to progress to the Round 5 of FA Cup. It was not really an outstanding performance as Newport didn't trouble us much but we did our part. We still need to be more ruthless in front of goal as we wasted too many chances especially in the second half. Good to see us winning this match without Kane playing. But we do need more consistent goal scorers.

Credit to Sissoko for forcing the own goal and Lamela for scoring his first goal for more than a year. Great to see Lamela scoring the goal after all his long injury problems. In fact, Lamela could have scored the hattrick if he had been more clinical in front of goal. The score would have been more respectable if Lamela, Alli and Llorente scored their one-on-one chances in the second half. Llorente doesn't look like scoring any goal now as he not only wasted the one-on-one chance but failed to make use of other goal scoring chances as well. Alli too should have scored from his one-on-one chance after coming on in the second half. Son played well but didn't have his goal scoring boot on.

Our midfield had a decent match as Newport didn't attack much. Wanyama and Winks didn't need to be at their best as Newport didn't cause much problems. Thought Sissoko played well but his finishing were still very poor. We didn't really need Eriksen but he did well to improve our attack after coming on late in the match.

Good to see our defence keeping the clean sheet even if Newport didn't attack much. It was great to see Alderweireld returning from injury. It will surely boost our defence. But we were fortunate not to concede in the last minuted when they wasted a good goal scoring chance. Apart from that, our defence were not really tested by Newport. We still need to be more alert in defence as we were too complacent at times.

We did well to win this replay but we really could have done without this match if we had beaten Newport in the first match. We do need need to be more ruthless against minor teams like Newport. tLet's hope we will lift our game in the coming FA Cup matches to go all the way to win the FA Cup.

Disagree. In fact, we were remarking how much stronger he looked, that there was a great player in there and that he made great decisions. I attribute the early jitters from everyone to Vorm. He complicated a situation soon after KO and it took 10 mins to settle.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't disagree that there may be a great player in there, but on Wednesday he showed to me he was still far off a first team place due to his unforced errors and still lack of the requisite strength for a CB.

We only had 2 English players in our starting 11 against Newport, the same numbers as those from Argentina. Wonder what the reaction of fans and the media would be if Pochettino start without any English players in the team. Maybe he should try that against Rochdale, just to see the reaction. :p

We only had 2 English players in our starting 11 against Newport, the same numbers as those from Argentina. Wonder what the reaction of fans and the media would be if Pochettino start without any English players in the team. Maybe he should try that against Rochdale, just to see the reaction. :p
He rested the English players because they play all the time.

Your obsession with trying to focus on something negative 2 days after every match is really being stretched here if you think a lack of English players is an issue at Spurs?

I can guess that YOU would have some sort of reaction, followed by a question about whether there is an team news yet.

He rested the English players because they play all the time.

Your obsession with trying to focus on something negative 2 days after every match is really being stretched here if you think a lack of English players is an issue at Spurs?

Just wondering what the reaction from fans and the media will be if we start without any English players. Remember, we have never started without any English players in the team. The media made a big fuss when Arsenal and Chelsea started without any English players in the past. Apart from Kane and Alli, all our English players are either injury-prone(Rose), error-prone(Dier, KWP) or inconsistent(Trippier,Winks). So, Pochettino does have real excuse not to start any English players against Rochdale.

Just wondering what the reaction from fans and the media will be if we start without any English players. Remember, we have never started without any English players in the team. The media made a big fuss when Arsenal and Chelsea started without any English players in the past. Apart from Kane and Alli, all our English players are either injury-prone(Rose), error-prone(Dier, KWP) or inconsistent(Trippier,Winks). So, Pochettino does have real excuse not to start any English players against Rochdale.

Winks? Error prone? You must be talking about a different player. I think it is also a little unfair to describe a player with 3 first team starts as error prone.

On who he should pick against Rochdale, the nationality of the players is my lowest concern. I'd like to see him pick a similar strength team as the second Newport game and then start picking full strength sides if we get to the quarter finals and are playing decent opposition.

I don’t give a monkeys what nationality someone is, on or off of a football pitch. It’s no more relevent than the colour of their eyes.

Back