• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ukraine

Does nobody else find it slightly ironic that (on the big scale) Russia appear to be trying to defend Crimea's right to decide their own future democratically, whilst the US are trying to stop them?

Does nobody else find it slightly ironic that (on the big scale) Russia appear to be trying to defend Crimea's right to decide their own future democratically, whilst the US are trying to stop them?

Yes, but seeing as the UK and USA forced a Sha upon Iran and overthrew a democratically elected government it's no suprise!

Yes, but seeing as the UK and USA forced a Sha upon Iran and overthrew a democratically elected government it's no suprise!

e5ec856c6fa6cf5e88820c8babdaf7ed77e2a3d902c5d86f60f8aefe7ae32706.jpg

Don't you mean 42,000 tonnes? ;)

Good point well made though. Still can't beleive America has 11 Aircraft Carriers which are all nuclear powered with a displacement of 100,000 tonnes, incredible.

nimitz-class-supercarrier.jpg

The UN have just declared the proposed Crimean referendum as illegal. Why then have they not declared the Ukrainian coup as being undemocratic and illegal? Why havent they called for the reinstatement of the legally elected government? I would have thought this to be a pretty basic question, but no-one in the media seems to be much interested in asking it.

The UN have just declared the proposed Crimean referendum as illegal. Why then have they not declared the Ukrainian coup as being undemocratic and illegal? Why havent they called for the reinstatement of the legally elected government? I would have thought this to be a pretty basic question, but no-one in the media seems to be much interested in asking it.

Well the coup was staged by residents of the Ukraine, so I don't know what business that would be of the UN.

Well the coup was staged by residents of the Ukraine, so I don't know what business that would be of the UN.

They are an illegitimate government, they are an illegal government, therefore they should have no status re the UN negotiations and or representation. Also why are the west not applying pressure to have the Ukraine restore the democratic government, you know protecting democratic principles and all? As far as Crimea is concerned, the present regime has no legal status to negotiate with an external power, soI fail to see how they can kick up a fuss. They disenfranchised millions of their own people by staging the coup, so they lack credibilty over Crimea and Russia's decision to occupy it.

They are an illegitimate government, they are an illegal government, therefore they should have no status re the UN negotiations and or representation. Also why are the west not applying pressure to have the Ukraine restore the democratic government, you know protecting democratic principles and all? As far as Crimea is concerned, the present regime has no legal status to negotiate with an external power, soI fail to see how they can kick up a fuss. They disenfranchised millions of their own people by staging the coup, so they lack credibilty over Crimea and Russia's decision to occupy it.

Internal coups happen all the time all over the world - getting involved (unless there are acts of genocide - and only then if they can't weasel out of it) is not in the UN's remit.

One country invading another with no basis is well within the UN's remit - that's kind of what it's there for.

UN = pu55ies, EU = pu55ies.

That Putin buttplug image is accurate - the West is just taking it without lube right now.

Latest saying that a Ukranian officer has been killed by Russian forces. Pretty significant if you ask me.

Latest saying that a Ukranian officer has been killed by Russian forces. Pretty significant if you ask me.

If the UN can describe what happened in Rwanda as "occurrences of genocidal acts" in order to avoid having to step in if it had been called genocide, I'm pretty sure they can ignore this "bullet-related fatality" and continue hiding behind their mummy's skirt.

The missing flight seems to be grabbing the headlines but even so, am surprised not to see this receiving more media attention on bulletins.

I guess the fact that Russia has taken steps to legitimise its actions has left some red faces in Washington, given their original stance. No doubt this is a big problem.

I really don't like the way this is developing. It's starting to get very worrying.

I think it's starting to become inevitable that a war will start up and there's not really anything anyone can do to stop it, except Putin.

I really don't like the way this is developing. It's starting to get very worrying.

I think it's starting to become inevitable that a war will start up and there's not really anything anyone can do to stop it, except Putin.

War won't start - I think you are massively underestimating just how much the UN are a complete bunch of fannies

War won't start - I think you are massively underestimating just how much the UN are a complete bunch of fannies

more likely to see a US/UK 'shoulder to shoulder' round two. However, now with added Chinese spanner in the works.

Back