1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Uighur treatment in China

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by spurspinter1, 19 Aug 2020.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga Ralph Coates Staff Member

I have.

I wouldn't call anyone who wasn't Christian in those countries Christian, would you?

2. Wilheldiva

Wilheldiva Kevin Scott

i think everyone is against all demographics that "oppress gay people" - no one has remotely suggested otherwise. however this is a thread of the chinese oppression of uighur muslims, hence why there is a debate on where the chinese government's raison d'etre behind this potentially comes from

3. scaramanga

Fixed ;)

Grays_1890 likes this.
  4. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Frederic Kanoute

China's oppression of the Uighur seems driven by religion or is that stating the obvious?

5. scaramanga

I think there's more to their reasoning than just that.

But I think the world cares less because it's being portrayed as being against a religion rather than against a group of people.

DTA likes this.
  6. Grays_1890

What would their additional reasoning be?

7. LutonSpurs

LutonSpurs Eric Dear

There are Christian countries in Africa where it is illegal to be gay.

DTA and Danishfurniturelover like this.
  8. Grays_1890

Some of which carry the death pelanty because of its implementation of the death pelanty law...like Northern Nigeria, Mauritania, Somalia, Sudan etc...wonder where they got that law from?

I get your issue though, we can't highlight any issue unless we even it up by highlighting every issue on he planet, then the point becomes relevant shesssh.

Let's not make out that this forum isn't diverse with its bashing of other religions or cultures, it bashes everyone in equal measures.

Additionally I'm non religious, my family are Jewish and I was raised a jew abit like you with Islam but I can take step back and realise our beliefs are far fetched and our oppression of Palestine is wrong for example.

Religion in many regions needs to grow up nd modernise but Islam needs a fast track, the idea that some religions believe that a man had an elephants head but don't have a death pelanty for those that don't shows how far behind the curve Islam is. Sorry but that's a fact

Last edited: 23 Aug 2020
  9. LutonSpurs

LutonSpurs Eric Dear

So Judaism doesn't need fixing but Islam does?

10. Grays_1890

You said that not me I could rant all night how Judaism needs fixing especially the issues in Israel which I will repeat needs fixing. Nothing you could say negatively about Judaism that would offend me because it's your right to critique should you wish.

Thankfully though the archaic ideas of Judaism don't manifest into 2020 where if you got caught kissing your own gender you might have the police turn up. Or if you rap about being a non believe I'm not sure a council of Rabi would call for your execution. Silver linings and all that one less battle for the world

Last edited: 23 Aug 2020
  11. scaramanga

I think much of it is just your bog standard ethnic cleansing.

Something we should all be horrified about. Problem is, the edge is taken off because reducing the number of Muslims in the world is an unambiguously good thing. This is just not the way to go about it.

12. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Richard Gough

So to summarise this thead:

Islam is bad because it doesn't like gays or women but other religions that also do not like gays or women aren't as bad because they're not as bad as Islam.

DTA likes this.
  13. Jordinho

Jordinho Bill Brown Staff Member

All religion is bad. It's a tool to control and oppress the masses for the benefit of the few.

Grays_1890 likes this.
  14. Grays_1890

No one has said that, you are twisting it to that to make it seem like an agenda

I wil clear it up for you as you seem to be strugling

Countries that are policed by Islamic law and police the laws such as homosexuality and blaspahmy with a potential death sentance are a huge problem to the world. The fact that law hangs over someones freedom to express they sexuality or belief system should always be questioned.

There is no difference to the threat of prison hanging over you for expressing your doubt in Gods existence than the potential threats to Uighur for living under their belief, it's the same. It is oppresion based on what someone believes or is.

No one is saying all of Islam is a problem, i cleary said it yesterday and say it again. What is being said is that countries that interprets islamic teachings to their law making to oppress homosexuality or human rights are a problem.

This forum is jam packed of attacks on other global regimes and cultures, I see more white America bashing on here than anything so don't act like people don't readress the balance in fairness, people are allowed to talk about set issues in isolation.

Maybe this is why the oppression in these countries still exist as you cleary can't discuss them openly without someone shutting the conversation down with a lie about what's being said or Calling it something it's not

Last edited: 24 Aug 2020
  15. scaramanga

All religion is bad, Islam is being discussed because we're discussing Uighur Muslims.

Grays_1890 likes this.
  16. Grays_1890

Exactly there is a Segway

Ultimately I think it's an important debate to have where countries are run based on fundamental religious views rather than democracy. What easier way to control your power than to tell people GHod is watching and should you blasphem you are for it.

Last edited: 24 Aug 2020
  17. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

Just like capitalism then.

LutonSpurs and DTA like this.
  18. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Ian Walker

Is there a thread about Rohingya treatment in Myanmar?

JerusalemMan likes this.
  19. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Vedran Corluka

Just like oh-so-many man made structures

DTA likes this.
  20. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Jeez your be having a pop at the Eiffel Tower next.

JerusalemMan likes this.