• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Uighur treatment in China

But the whabbi Saudis don't represent even a fraction of muslims. Its like talking about Sciencetolgy being representative of western beliefs

Im not saying it does what I am saying is that unfortunately like in the countries I mention earlier these countries use extreme religious views as the influence to govern, I am not trying to make a blanket statement on Islam far from it. The original discussion was about extremism in the scriptures and my point was that unfortunately for islam there are many states that officially still govern from them extremities. Saudi was an example but there are others.

Its illegal to be gay in Nigeria which uses the term that under Shari'a law the penalty is death, which to me points out that there is work to still be done, a whole countries law system isnt just a speck of dust on a global scale. Thats all I am saying. If anyone is misrepresenting a religion its those 9 or so countries using it to police using extreme views.

That was not me saying that all Muslims are the same, it was a microscopic point of view.

Like I said its only recently in relative terms that the laws in the UK (taken from the bible basis) changed to remove homosexuality as illegal and the Catholic Church has been even slower.

Last edited:
Im not saying it does what I am saying is that unfortunately like in the countries I mention earlier these countries use extreme religious views to govern, I am not trying to make a blanket statement on Islam far from it. The original discussion was about extremism in the scriptures and my point was that unfortunately for islam there are many states that officially still govern from them extremities. Saudi was an example but there are others.

That was not me saying that all Muslims are the same, it was a microscopic point of view.

Like I said its only recently in relative terms that the laws in the UK (taken from the bible basis) changed to remove homosexuality as illegal and the Catholic Church has been even slower.

This is a thread about the potential genocide of an ethnicity that happen to be Muslim.

Start another thread on islam if you like. I will contribute

Start an additional one on why we should sanction the Saudis... i agree we should and for many reasons including the gender appartied that they practice.

But in this thread tell us what we should do about China potentially trying to wipe out an entire people?

This is a thread about the potential genocide of an ethnicity that happen to be Muslim.

Start another thread on islam if you like. I will contribute

Start an additional one on why we should sanction the Saudis... i agree we should and for many reasons including the gender appartied that they practice.

But in this thread tell us what we should do about China potentially trying to wipe out an entire people?

I just started on the subject as it came up, apologies.

I would sanction China without a doubt, the treatment is abhorrent. But people are scared of them like many nations which means these things get brushed under the carpet. The UK is complicit in this in my view, it should be high if not top of global minds, its killing more people than Covid.

Politics for you, everyone does the right thing till fear or money creeps in, its why we dont sanction China or Saudi, filthy money

Reactions: DTA
I just started on the subject as it came up, apologies.

I would sanction China without a doubt, the treatment is abhorrent. But people are scared of them like many nations which means these things get brushed under the carpet. The UK is complicit in this in my view, it should be high if not top of global minds, its killing more people than Covid.

Politics for you, everyone does the right thing till fear or money creeps in, its why we dont sanction China or Saudi, filthy money

Unfortunately I agree with that

I am NOT a religious person ( of any faith) bit i see no problem with those that are religious, what is wrong though is those that force their religious beliefs ( whatever they may be) onto others. It happens everywhere and with ALL religions.

At last, someone talking sense.
Religion can be and has been a force for both great good and great evil.
None of them are in a position to take the moral high ground.

I hate the Saudis. They are not representative of orthodox Islam anyway. And I'm a practising Muslim but I'm hardly religious. A lot like a lot of my Jewish friends. Islam is more an identity thing.

My views on homosexuality is that I like the ones who fancy me. The others have bad taste.

And a thread about oppression of Muslims has become a bash all Muslims thread now. You would never see the same language used about hassidic Jewish people on here which is great but it makes me remember that being Muslim means there will always be more hatred to me and mine regardless of what we actually believe.

Love that, nearly spat my tea out.

But the whabbi Saudis don't represent even a fraction of muslims. Its like talking about Sciencetolgy being representative of western beliefs
It's no more ridiculous than the others. And they're far nicer to the gays.

If enough countries can join together then sanctions can hurt China, there are alternatives countries that are more western friendly like Vietnam, India, Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.

I don't mind other countries investing here but it's not really led to opportunities the other way, China is still very much closed to Western companies doing business there. I'd far rather we invested and built our own power stations for instance and we've seen that supply chains aren't reliable with PPE etc. I'd love to see what happens if they actually allowed their currency to trade more openly, they'd have nowhere near the purchasing power they have now.

unfortunately, i think as citizens in the west, all we can really do is talk about it (like we are doing here), thus, making it an issue that more people are aware of, letting the government know that we care.

beyond that, we could stop using/buying chinese goods/services if this is an issue that you care about deeply enough - you would think that if enough people did this, the uighur camps would quickly come to an end.

I doubt you’d be able to post that if you’d boycotted Chinese-made goods [emoji3]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
It appears that a few have read the thread as a free hit to tell everyone what you reckon about religion rather than delving in to the real life actual suffering of people going on as we speak (if even half of what I’ve read it’s true it’s horrific).

Clearly I’m on the side of “this is fudged up and if the world does nothing it is unforgivable” but if anyone wants to refer to me to any POV / articles that might change my mindset feel free to link it. I guess the issue is that coming down hard on China for this, whether justly or not, could potentially lead to full scale war but who knows..

It appears that a few have read the thread as a free hit to tell everyone what you reckon about religion rather than delving in to the real life actual suffering of people going on as we speak (if even half of what I’ve read it’s true it’s horrific).

Clearly I’m on the side of “this is fudged up and if the world does nothing it is unforgivable” but if anyone wants to refer to me to any POV / articles that might change my mindset feel free to link it. I guess the issue is that coming down hard on China for this, whether justly or not, could potentially lead to full scale war but who knows..

somewhat ironically, a republican win later this year will probably be the best outcome for chinese uighurs - trump is the only american president to really take a stand against malpractices by the chinese government. im guessing that a democratic win will lead simply lead to a return to obamas stance - ie. a bit of lip service, but they'll brush the "chinese issue" under the carpet, as its too messy to deal with and no-one in the democratic party has the balls to take any sort of stand here.

somewhat ironically, a republican win later this year will probably be the best outcome for chinese uighurs - trump is the only american president to really take a stand against malpractices by the chinese government. im guessing that a democratic win will lead simply lead to a return to obamas stance - ie. a bit of lip service, but they'll brush the "chinese issue" under the carpet, as its too messy to deal with and no-one in the democratic party has the balls to take any sort of stand here.

you reckon the guy who put Mexican children in cages is going to lead to the freedom of the Uighur in China? Good luck with that.

Thank you for posting again here.
I didn't want to as it was rather pitiable watching people just line up to take potshots at different faiths and dance with their own bugbears in public rather than actually talking directly about what you had said.

you reckon the guy who put Mexican children in cages is going to lead to the freedom of the Uighur in China? Good luck with that.

thats both obama and trump. trump has done far more than biden/harris will to challenge china.

im not the biggest fan of trump either, but in this scenario, i think its pretty clear who would be the better president for chinese uighurs

The worry is that even if you take him out of it who else is even trying? Macron? Boris? Mother Angela?

There seems to be issues the world doesn't bother itself with, there are recent histories where everyone has ignored genocide in countries they are either scared of or not bothered enough about, history tells us that.

Back