• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Turkish shoot down Russian Plane in Syria

Big news. Supposed stuff that has happened:

Russian plane in area betwen Syria and Turkey

Turkey shoot down and both pilots eject

One presumed dead and one captured by rebels (group unknown)

Turkey say they violated airspace and were warned

Russia say it was never in Turkey airspace

Sh#t just got serious

..Makes you wonder if someone else other than ISIS/ISIL shot down that Russian Airline over Sinai...

He said, she said...Perhaps looking at the news from an angle of "who benefits from this" will lead to a more accurate conclusion...

Very scary times indeed....

IF this is true, why are the Russians posturing like this? Weekly incursions close to British airspace too... I can only see one outcome and it ain't good

Russia say it was never in Turkey airspace

Yeah right.

They're constantly pulling stunts like this. Subs popping up just off the Swedish coast, planes and ships going where they're not supposed to be. Hundreds of tanks accidentally happen to be in Ukraine.

Question is if this the kind of thing they were trying to provoke.

Turkey seems to be against everyone involved in Syria at the moment, except Isis.

Im no fan of the Turkish government at the moment but that is just not true. Turkey has been arresting Isis members since 2013. It has now (late) started bombing isis... and isis have launched 3 terror attacks in turkey killing hundreds.

What turkey is doing is backing the FSA and the Turkmen brigades which is fighting isis and also fighting assad whom russia is backing.

Im no fan of the Turkish government at the moment but that is just not true. Turkey has been arresting Isis members since 2013. It has now (late) started bombing isis... and isis have launched 3 terror attacks in turkey killing hundreds.

What turkey is doing is backing the FSA and the Turkmen brigades which is fighting isis and also fighting assad whom russia is backing.

Fair points, my post was an exaggeration and I'm probably behind the times, but I was thinking more of this stuff:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/w...nue-us-seeks-assistance-from-turkey.html?_r=0

And with the Kurds being the main Western ally in Syria, and the Turkish government hating the Kurds above all the other groups, it makes for a bit of a chaotic recipe.

We have a home in Liepaja in Latvia but one of my closet friends lives in Daugavpils which is right close to the border with Russia, this town is mainly made up of Russians and Russian is the first language. He is teaching at the University there. They are having big problems in this town because the elected councillors want to become part of Russia again.

Apparently they all now drive nice big cars and throw money around, so everyone think this is Russia working its magic. The have been cases of people being beaten if they are pro Latvian. It seems to me the Russians have an end game and it is not hard to see what that is. The closer you get to Riga and on the coast where we holiday it is more pro EU and less pro Russia.

I have been a strong critic of Blair and also the EU, I think Blair was just trying to create a new voter base for his party, but I can see the point of trying to get eastern europe to stand on its own feet and away from Russia, problem is Russia is becoming very active in the region again, she wants her little former countries back.

Back