1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Trump and American politics

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Danishfurniturelover, 26 Jan 2016.

1. monkeybarry

monkeybarry John Lacy

Firstly, it's pretty bricky to post a quote without at least quotation marks - it appears deliberately deceitful.

Secondly, I'm not sure that quote is racist - the logic behind it stands up. Why would you vote for Trump if you are Black/Hispanic/Female etc.
    The answer to which is multifaceted (self interest ahead of demographic; staunch conservatism; others I'm not aware of) - but the voting record for the last election clearly shows its that black and white (if you'll excuse the expression).
    It will be interesting to see how that goes this time - I get a feeling even a lot of "never Dem" voters would take the Dems for a term to stop Trump burning the country to the ground.
    I wonder if we'll just see a low GOP voter turn out - a little like the Dems not wanting to vote Clinton last time.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

About sums up some on here well and its good to see a sensible post.

3. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

I wouldn't totally agree with this monkeybaz though I get the point that grifting and re-election dominates a lot of his thinking. Racism is the central tenet of his re-election, as it was last time and has been the whole time he has been in office. The difference this time is he has nothing else to run on. No other promises that he can make to pad out a policy platform. He's failed in every promise that he has made and all he has left is red meat for the base. And sadly that seems enough for a massive swathe of the US population.

spurrrr and monkeybarry like this.
  4. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

Mikey10 likes this.
  5. Wilheldiva

Wilheldiva Kevin Scott

i assumed most who were posting in this thread would get the reference

i suspect biden with get the black vote again - however there is still a sizeable black republican voter base. can you really not see how offensive that quote is? biden is telling black republicans that they dont know their identity. Plenty of black americans feel that trump has done far more for them than obama - and theyre fully capable of thinking for themselves which way they want to vote. they do not need an old white man lecturing them about their identity.

biden (probably his assistants) clearly recognised that he was massively out of line here, hence the delayed apology.

don't forget, biden also recently labelled black's as lacking diversity of thought unlike latinos.

hes shown on numerous occasions that he is guilty of the type of implicit racism that the dems love to champion themselves on - yet he rarely gets called up for this because the alt-left have lost any sense of reason or impartiality given the upcoming elections.

monkeybarry likes this.
  6. monkeybarry

monkeybarry John Lacy

That's fair. Ironically there is a grey (gray) area!
    His target is definitely white, but if non whites had more power, they would be the target.
    That's why I don't think trump is racist in the "despises someone due to skin tone" sense. I think he is racist and prejudiced to anyone that doesn't serve a purpose for him. I genuinely think racism would require too much depth of thought or feeling.

Rorschach likes this.
  7. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

I dont think racism requires any depth of thought, its the most stupid position to hold bar none.

8. monkeybarry

monkeybarry John Lacy

I disagree. There are lots of very intelligent racists whose position is fully thought through - their thought process and conclusion is just hideous.

And either way (thought or no thought) it's more than trump would give - his instinct is to do anything that benefits him, irrespective of any other factors.

9. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Racism is just prejudice. Common and lazy thinking.

10. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

He's racist too. There are plenty of examples. Whether this is his primary motivating factor or not, it certainly is in his core.
    I would agree that what's driving him now is self-preservation - staying out of prison - and winning or stealing the election is the only way this will happen.

Robbo, monkeybarry and StephenH like this.
  11. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

There are both types IMO. Those that know how to push the buttons, spin the message to be more palatable, and those who lap it up.

monkeybarry likes this.
  12. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Donald is desperate and being little unhinged makes him frightening.

spurrrr and monkeybarry like this.
  13. Jordinho

14. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

I have this feeling Trump is going to get back in TBH

15. Jordinho

The ultimate con man.

spurrrr and Robbo like this.
  16. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Milija Aleksic

Me too mate

17. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

The thought of it chills me to my bone. If the fallout of a 2nd Trump term was limited to the US then I guess the people have spoken (or the electoral college has) and that's what they want. You get the government you deserve.
    But in reality, the results of this election transcends US politics like nothing that has come before, and probably after. This is a major inflection point in human history. To steal a line from David Roberts - "From the perspective of the human species as a whole, the arc of its life on this planet, it may be the most important election ever".

spurrrr, Robbo, DTA and 1 other person like this.
  18. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

The worst thing about a Trump 2nd term is that RBG is virtually a carcass already.

If they get another partisan SC nomination then it won't matter who which Democrat gets elected for the next 20 years.

Mikey10, SteveAWOL, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  19. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

I was thinking mostly from a climate and geopolitical perspective, but yes the supreme court also factors into these environmental decisions too. Rolling back regulations, etc. The ham-fisted nature of Trump's efforts to roll back all of Obama's environmental regulations has meant lots of the attempts have been blocked or thrown out by the courts, but they'll get a doover in a 2nd term. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2020
    AuroRaman likes this.
  20. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Dean Austin

Is Trump a racist? I know one thing, he is a fascist!