1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by StephenH, 3 Feb 2019.

1. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

Assuming we lose Toby and Eriksen, I think there are a few questions we have to ask first of all.

1) What is Ben Davies? Do we turn him into the left sided centre back that we need and save ourselves the hassle of finding a fourth CB?
    2) Do we move Dele back to cover the spot that Eriksen is vacating and bring in a new player to fit the tip of the diamond or do we look for a creative CM like Eriksen?
    3) Winks into Sissoko's spot and a new player at DM or someone better than Sissoko and Winks remaining at DM?

2. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I'd be happy with Davies covering centre back, he's looked good there.

I definitely think Dele can assume Eriksen's role in the team, he's a very intelligent player with great technique and work-rate.

I reckon, for most games, Dier will be the holder (say Wanyama as cover, if he stays fit and isn't sold). Sissoko can cover in midfield or right-wingback. Winks will play as a holder or on the side of a midfield 3/diamond, depending on the opposition.

I can honestly see us buying nobody again in the summer.

yiddo37 likes this.
  3. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Les Ferdinand

No. What we need is a top-class, long-term replacement for Verts - i.e, a left-footed centre-back capable of being as good as he was. I doubt Davies is that player, simply because we would have already tried that more frequently than we have, were that to be the case.

Mario Hermoso, perhaps, if Madrid don't snap him up in the summer.

I think it has to be a creative CM. Dele's best role seems like it's off Kane, and once Eriksen leaves, a minimum of disruption to the first team will help keep us ticking over as we cope with the huge loss. Thus, keeping Dele where he is probably makes sense.

I think, if Eriksen leaves, we'll try getting two birds with one stone by replacing both Dembele and Eriksen with a single player - a creative CM who can pass and press like Eriksen does, and carry the ball well enough to be an option to break the press, if required.

There are very few players like that in world football. Piotr Zielinski comes to mind, but there really aren't many others.

Once we get a player like that, we can move him into midfield to rotate with Winks as required. Then, the attacking midfield three can be changed to adapt to this. Alli central, Son wide, and maybe another inside forward like Son on the other side? Lamela/Moura/new player?

I think DM is actually sorted - between Dier, Sissoko and Skipp, we have enough players in that position. What we need is someone to rotate with Winks in the other CM position. And for that, see above - go big or go home.

4. mjc23

mjc23 Steed Malbranque

I'd take Richarlison for that sort of figure Could play any of the front 4 positions and Everton look a mess at the moment.

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jürgen Klinsmann

TBF he looks a mess too and is suffering because their quite a flaky side

One game brilliant, the next poor.

I agree he does have that flexibility about him though which is what we need in players

6. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

For me the business to do this summer is:

1) Replace Dembele
    2) Replace Alder
    3) Address RB

I could see us spending something like £100m on Ndombele and De Ligt for the first two, and I have no idea about RB. We could maybe also replace Llorente with someone like Arp.

I'm pretty sure Eriksen will be staying/signing a new contract.

7. Alaric

Alaric John Scales

I REALLY hope this bit isn't written in the spirit of the "I Wish" portion of this thread's title.

8. Alaric

Alaric John Scales

I was afraid of that. He is young and Wolves owner are some Chinese conglomerate or something, so they aren't likely to need the cash. Also, the fact that Wolves have done so well has likely increased his value even further. Alas...

9. parklane1

parklane1 Steve Sedgley

Lets hope so because it would be the best signing of the window.

10. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

Richarlson of Everton isnt that good

StephenH likes this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Someone I’ve been impressed with in the little I’ve seen is Emiliano Buendia at Norwich

Seems to have a brain better than the level he is playing at

12. yiddo37

yiddo37 Ronnie Rosenthal

The right back at Leicester looks good to me, bit more of Poch's coaching and he'll be excellent IMO. Centre mid more of a problem area, not sure who we can sign for that position.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  13. MKSpur

MKSpur Steffen Iversen

He may be a little streaky but he’s scored ten goals for a very average Everton team at 21, think there’s a lot to work with there.

14. Bedfordspurs

Pereira has been very good and we did want him a year ago or more...

Both Leicester full backs and Maguire would be welcome additions

yiddo37 and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  15. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

And Maddison, they have recruited well to be fair to them. I always thought Gray would be a better winger then he is, reminds me of Redmond at Southampton in not quite being good enough for us.

If we are after young players I would suggest Bayliss at Coventry.

MKSpur likes this.
  16. AdamB

AdamB Tommy Harmer

Generally agree with yo on priorities though I really think Ndombele is now out of our reach, and possibly De Ligt too - we're a year too late as they're being linked with teams with far deeper pockets now. Added one item to the to-do list:

1) Replace Dembele
    2) Replace Alder if he goes
    3) Address RB
    4) Another Son-like versatile CF/attacker and sell all of Llorente, Janssen and GKN

17. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Chris Perry

I think we are too slow on the trigger for our transfers; De Ligt, Ndombele, and Brooks. All players that we have been linked with and all who would have improved the team. Yet the club has stood still until those players are no longer realistic targets or their fees have escalated hugely.

Pirate55 and Bullet like this.
  18. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mauricio Taricco

I wish that, whatever our transfer or re-signing strategies are, we are blessed again next season by being the only London side to offer Champions League football. A top four without Chelsea or Arsenal again would serve us well.

Pirate55, SteveAWOL, yiddo37 and 2 others like this.
  19. Bedfordspurs

The next Maddison is Buendia

20. Bedfordspurs

Well one thing I’ll add is several people have said we have money to spend but poch doesn’t want to spend it... that includes Redknapp saying that too

Does seem the fans want additions more than the manager at times