• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

He is 34, free, HG - seems a perfect back up for a season or 2.

if we don’t fudge up tomorrow the only games he will be playing is domestic cups
I agree the HG bit is a huge plus. I guess I’d just got used to the idea of Johnstone and rate him a lot higher than Forster. Maybe he’s got the offer of being first choice in Prem and decided to take it, which is fair enough.

I like the look of Ross Stewart at Sunderland.
Ok so they're in league one (Championship next season) but whenever I've seen him he stands out as a really good forward, quick, decent finisher and good in the air. If we can't get any joy getting in a back up for Kane we could do a lot worse.

I agree the HG bit is a huge plus. I guess I’d just got used to the idea of Johnstone and rate him a lot higher than Forster. Maybe he’s got the offer of being first choice in Prem and decided to take it, which is fair enough.

But will it have been worth destroying your faith in The Athletic? Who knew internet based journalism / conjecture may not be gospel.

I just hope @AjaxDeSuperYids head doesn't explode if he turns out to have been wrong on both Mbappe and Haaland in the space of less than a month. Had high hopes we had a real ITK on our hands there, probably should've been more vague / enigmatic.

Calvin Bassey MOTM in the Scottish Cup Final. We should be looking at this kid. Brilliant against Frankfurt during the week as well.
I came in here to make this comment. He started our as a LB but this season has played quite a lot at CB and looked very comfortable doing so. Suggests he might be a very good fit for the LCB role. He's played against quality Euro competition this year and acquitted himself well. Could he be another VVD type option? While we have Davies we could possibly afford a development iron at LCB. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I came in here to make this comment. He started our as a LB but this season has played quite a lot at CB and looked very comfortable doing so. Suggests he might be a very good fit for the LCB role. He's played against quality Euro competition this year and acquitted himself well. Could he be another VVD type option? While we have Davies we could possibly afford a development iron at LCB. [emoji848]

Is he better than bastoni or gvardiol?

Your final point is very pertinent. I dont see us signing a development project at LCB. It'll be first choice player IMO

Is he better than bastoni or gvardiol?
Right now probably not, but his potential looks very, very good. He's so young though and playing in a weaker league it's difficult to gauge. VVD is an obvious example of someone who was good enough but I don't expect every foreign CB who plays in Scotland to be of that quality. He should prem readyish as he's came through the Leicester youth system so will probably physically prepared and as noted he's been superb in the Europa League.

If we need a cheaper option at LCB he might be a good one.

Right now probably not, but his potential looks very, very good. He's so young though and playing in a weaker league it's difficult to gauge. VVD is an obvious example of someone who was good enough but I don't expect every foreign CB who plays in Scotland to be of that quality. He should prem readyish as he's came through the Leicester youth system so will probably physically prepared and as noted he's been superb in the Europa League.

22 which is older than gvardiol and a year younger than bastoni. Obviously would be much cheaper though.

If we take care of business tomm, we need to get Bastoni. Give him what he wants (mgr) plus Bastoni is a great fit.

If we take care of business tomm, we need to get Bastoni. Give him what he wants (mgr) plus Bastoni is a great fit.

If we can get him then great, however Cheatski need CBs this summer, Utd have a crap defence, Saudi Sportswashing Machine will spend fortunes, etc etc

Hopefully Conte will be a decisive factor

If we can get him then great, however Cheatski need CBs this summer, Utd have a crap defence, Saudi Sportswashing Machine will spend fortunes, etc etc

Hopefully Conte will be a decisive factor

he ain’t joining a on CL club
And Chelsea have a LOT of rebuilding to do
We’re more appealing IMO with his ex coach here if it’s a serious consideration

Back