1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Danishfurniturelover, 18 Feb 2022.

1. Legohamster

Legohamster Les Ferdinand

I would stay clear of Bamford and Diaz

ones injury prone and I think Diaz just had a very good spell.

2. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Nobody mentioned aaron hickey? Had a good season at bologna.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  3. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Mentioned him a couple of times in this thread. Recently said he wants to stay in Italy one more year.

Lilbaz likes this.
  4. harr1984

harr1984 Pedro Mendes

Keane Lewis Potter deserves another mention. Would love to see us be in the market for these types of players....

5. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Gk - Johnstone
    CB - Guehi, Ronnie Edwards (not sure really)
    RWB - Bogle
    CF - Brereton

6. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Gudni Bergsson

It has now been formally confirmed that Haaland has a release clause in his contract that becomes active half way through his contract.

This clause was put in at the insistence of both Haaland and his ‘parent’ club Real Madrid.

7. NorwegianSpursFan

NorwegianSpursFan Allan Nielsen

Has this been confirmed anywhere else than the real Madrid papers?

AjaxDeSuperYids likes this.
  8. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

I don’t see the value in Philips. Overhyped English player who’s actually very similar Hojgjerg (and Skipp). When we probably need someone more dynamic like Bissouma. Someone who can add to Bentancur to help break through a press. Philips doesn’t offer that imo.

9. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Gudni Bergsson

Yep :)

7B372163-6F1C-4B07-B9B2-66E740F1379F.jpeg

Last edited: 13 May 2022
  10. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Fancy posting a link to that confirmation?

I don’t want to make any assumptions, perhaps Donald Trump is in Amsterdam posting on here under your guise but you (or him for that matter) do know that by simply saying something repeatedly doesn’t actually make it a truth right?

On an unrelated matter today is Friday and tomorrow is going to be Saturday, without doubt, and did you know that I said it first but Conte would definitely agree with me? I’m just looking to get the same kudos you give yourself to see if it is indeed fulfilling, GHod it feels good to be right!!!!!! Who knows what I could do with this newfound power of feeling indisputable.

AjaxDeSuperYids likes this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

ah the old English players are over hyped
    Could be argued that a starter for the national side that is one of the top 5 in world football should be a decent player and he does exactly what you describe… just playing with inferior players

12. Bedfordspurs

13. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Tbh I’ve only really watched him play extensively for England during the Euros. He didn’t have much dynamism. Hard working yes. Tenacious yes. Similar in style to Hojgjerg, for me yes. Do you think he brings something we are missing from Skipp and Hojgjerg?

DeanoAustin likes this.
  14. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

I really like Philips, but I agree he's just more of the same of what we've got, rather than someone to complement/a bit more progressive.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  15. Bedfordspurs

Yep
    He is a better passer than any of our midfielders
    He is not like PEH… he just has to play that way sometimes because he has inferior players with him
    Look at the teams who are rumoured to want him? Us and United for a start…. Big sides

this is a good analysis of him
    https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-kalvin-phillips/

16. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

He may have developed, but what I saw in an England shirt was a player who’s passing was decent, nothing exceptional. It was his tenacity that stood out. A good player…if we didn’t have Hojgjerg and Skipp. Not an area we need to bolster.

Better passer than Bentancur?

We need a midfielder who gets goals (Philips doesn’t) and can transition into attack. Someone like Bissouma who can hold off players with potential to score a few goals from midfield.

Bullet likes this.
  17. Bedfordspurs

We don’t need a midfielder who gets goals unless we’re changing to a 3-5-2
    We need a midfielder who can pass though
    His passing is IMO better than Bentacurs.
    You won’t see it with England because Englands movement is poor. We have players who don’t get it at that level which is what will stop England winning things
    I rate Bissouma. Wanted him a few years back when I was sure he was going to pool. He isn’t a goal scoring midfielder. He has 3 goals for his club. Averages 1 a season

Scoopage likes this.
  18. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

FAR better ability on the ball than both of those players. He was actually an attacking midfielder until Biesla converted him.

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  19. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

Phillips would likely get goals if played in a double pivot and yes he is at least as good a passer as Bentancur and probably better IMO (especially his long passing)

20. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

when we played Brighton it was clear Bissouma needed to develop his finishing. A bit like Dembele he can open up space himself for a shot, but doesn’t deliver the payload shooting off target. But he’s getting into positions to score and advancing attacks. If he was scoring goals too we probably couldn’t afford him, but he has potential to. You can see him adding this to his game and getting a few a season. Would be far more excited by Bissouma than Philips who might be a small upgrade on Hojgjerg; and even that is debatable.