• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Gedson. Its just another example of how Mendes was getting us to do 'favours' for him under Mourinho - in this case parking a player 10 years past when he was any good with us, for whatever money and purposes that it benefited purely Mendes. And Gedson

Gedson was quite highly rated, didn’t work out and loan cancelled.

Ive no issue with this

Gedson was quite highly rated, didn’t work out and loan cancelled.

Ive no issue with this

And we were linked strongly by sky sports to gedson under Poch around early 2019. Same time period we were also linked to Bergwijn.

Gedson, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele were all on Hitchen and Poch’s list.

Most reports I'm seeing seem positive. Plan to back Conte, find a way to make him happy with what we do in the summer. Find some money more or less.

Certainly will be an interesting summer.

It's been the same line this time every summer for the past 20.

And we'll - as always - end up with 2 'big' (for us) signings, a couple of prospects, and no back-up CF.

And we'll - as always - end up with 2 'big' (for us) signings, a couple of prospects, and no back-up CF.

Not really the impression I've had before. My memory isn't all that so that may just be me. The way I remember it it's often been a fairly realistic or somewhat downplayed expectation set by journalists with credibility.

Paratici sneaks off to Portugal to hijack a deal for a player Liverpool are interested in?......

Hmmm...think I've seen this film before.

Has anything we've ever touched Portuguese-tinged turned out well? Postiga, Dominguez, AVB, Mourinho, Gedson, Vinicius, Santo. Only Dier in the positive column.

It seems a bit like the Dutch or French leagues in that you need to take performance there with a lot of caution.

Not really the impression I've had before. My memory isn't all that so that may just be me. The way I remember it it's often been a fairly realistic or somewhat downplayed expectation set by journalists with credibility.

Every spring, from ST renewal deadline onward, the 'things have changed', 'loosening the purse strings', 'war chest' bandwagon starts. And lasts until about the morning of deadline day.

Every spring, from ST renewal deadline onward, the 'things have changed', 'loosening the purse strings', 'war chest' bandwagon starts. And lasts until about the morning of deadline day.
Something aligned with Contes wishes/requirements will have to come to pass. It falls down otherwise. And given that his wishes/requirements will be more demanding than other managers was not lost on anyone when we made the appointment.

Levy is not silly, and he knows Conte is not silly. There will be no smoke and mirrors in the Summer, we will do everything in our control to make him happy.

Would you not say something changed in the January transfer window that gives us newfound confidence for the summer?

The recruitment team managed to improve the squad drastically in line with the manager’s vision, i’m still amazed that it actually happened and gives me actual optimism which is rare enough.

Potential hold ups will be how long it takes the GLC deal to become permanent and finding somewhere suitable for Royal, like Atletico + The Tanguy dilemma.

Would you not say something changed in the January transfer window that gives us newfound confidence for the summer?

The recruitment team managed to improve the squad drastically in line with the manager’s vision, i’m still amazed that it actually happened and gives me actual optimism which is rare enough.

Potential hold ups will be how long it takes the GLC deal to become permanent and finding somewhere suitable for Royal, like Atletico + The Tanguy dilemma.

It really seems like GLC is playing his way into a smoother transfer to Villarreal with performances that justify them dropping a fair wedge on him.
Tanguy, it seems, less so.

Back