• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Blue Scum OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What we saw last night was one team reacting to a bad defeat and the other not. What we saw last night was one team with a player able to change the game and the other not (Pedro, btw). What we saw last night was one team who didn’t score a howler of an own goal and the other not.

Lamela was in the same position as Pedro about 3 minutes earlier.... needless to say the end results are very different lol

Difference between Pedro and our attackers last night wasn't that he was better, but that our defence was worse.
We had 3 fudge ups and they scored two goals, they had no fudge ups and we didn't.
Let's not rewrite the game and say Pedro was great and won them the game, when our forwards were in the box Chelsea defended well, we didn't. End off.

Standard was shocking
Made me laugh when I heard Chelsea deservedly won ... they had 1 shot on target and scored with it... we cost ourselves with our defending but to me neither side deserved a point

With amount of resource available to Chelsea they are very Everton!
We looked puddled when we attempted to threaten their goal.
I was fuming as they game us a big boost when the put Caballero in goal!

Difference between Pedro and our attackers last night wasn't that he was better, but that our defence was worse.
We had 3 fudge ups and they scored two goals, they had no fudge ups and we didn't.
Let's not rewrite the game and say Pedro was great and won them the game, when our forwards were in the box Chelsea defended well, we didn't. End off.
Pedro actually defended better than our back 4 too! The tackle on Eriksen was possibly a bigger game changer than the goal as I’m certain he would have scored and we would have finished the game in the ascendency.

Pedro actually defended better than our back 4 too! The tackle on Eriksen was possibly a bigger game changer than the goal as I’m certain he would have scored and we would have finished the game in the ascendency.
The way that Pedro dispossessed Eriksen and then dribbled past Son and Winks was almost Dembele-esque :confused:

How we could’ve done with the big Dutchman’s powerful surging runs last night, hope that Levy already has a deal in place for his heir to sign right at the start of summer window!

I don't think we were as bad as you are all saying. We started poorly, but after about 20 minutes we got a foothold in the game and from that point on it was an even game. Did you expect us to waltz over them at Stamford Bridge? They were always going to up for this game and they have good players there.

We switched off for the first goal and Alderweireld subsequently defended the situation very poorly. There is no point talking about the second goal. But all in all I think we were better tonight than in both the semi-finals against them. We did have two key players in Eriksen and Son who were very poor though.

I am very concerned about top 4 now though. The title was never on, but the gap to the teams below us is disappearing fast. We desperately need a win on Saturday. We have two games left away to Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project that we can pretty much write off, so we are in trouble.
I would agree. This is a Chelski team that held City goalless for 120 minutes, so it would have always been difficult to score against them. They managed to shut us down, but so did we. We didn't give up much either. xG wise it was a very even game and would have been decided on very fine margins. Sometimes they go our way and sometimes they don't. No need to panic yet.

I would agree. This is a Chelski team that held City goalless for 120 minutes, so it would have always been difficult to score against them. They managed to shut us down, but so did we. We didn't give up much either. xG wise it was a very even game and would have been decided on very fine margins. Sometimes they go our way and sometimes they don't. No need to panic yet.
I hear you, I didn't think we played especially well though and I felt that we really missed Dele. It's just that losing to that club always rankles with me. A loathsome club with evermore loathsome fans. If I won't the lottery I would use the money to effect a leveraged buy out of them, asset strip by selling off all the decent players. Then turn their wretched Stadium into a block of flats.

Lamela was in the same position as Pedro about 3 minutes earlier.... needless to say the end results are very different lol

This is the area where we are not good enough. Lamela, Moura,Trippier, Wanyama and Llorente.
It is huge credit to Pochettino’s gang to have done so well.

Back