• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

Nothing attractive in their play. They have regressed since Fergie. They have won many games by having superior players but from a style perspective they are horrid. They play alot of long balls up to RVP and Falcao. And their fans are *****.

Granted we were playing the 3rd best team in the country, but are people honestly happy with that performance? Especially given how people were saying United aren't that good and were there for the taking? I realise Poch's hands are tied to a large degree, but the performances don't seem to be improving much and we're now halfway through the season. We improved 2nd half, but we only created one real chance whilst United still could have scored two or three in the 2nd half alone.

A team that might not be great yet, but included De Gea, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, RVP, Falcao, and on a good run of form.

We were under pressure in the first half but interesting to go watch it again, they didn't tear through our midfield, they used quite a bit of long balls and honestly both Mata & Rooney were kept reasonably in check (yes, as expected, 1 or 2 chances).

The danger for me going into the match was Stambouli and Mason would be overrun at will (didn't happen) and both sides would create 6-8 chances and Rooney/RVP/Falcao would be more clinical than Kane/Eriksen (also didn't happen)

I've been a big Poch critic, but we kept our shape, kept our tempo up and improved over the 90 minutes. In no way comparable to some of the **** performances against lower level teams (Stoke/Palace/etc.) we saw a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Nothing attractive in their play. They have regressed since Fergie. They have won many games by having superior players but from a style perspective they are horrid. They play alot of long balls up to RVP and Falcao. And their fans are *****.

Yes I was surprised at that too. The ball's over the top of our CB's were a problem for us and it's one that has bitten us a few occasions this season.

I see their fans were not too happy with the ref but I thought Utd were lucky twice not to have a man sent off, and the Rooney peno incident is another they got away with. I'm trying to remember anything that Moss didn't give them but should have.

Actually they do try and pass it around a bit, I think its an acknowledgement to us that they felt the need to use a few more long balls vs. having Mata/Rooney/Carrick just outclass our midfield.

Actually they do try and pass it around a bit, I think its an acknowledgement to us that they felt the need to use a few more long balls vs. having Mata/Rooney/Carrick just outclass our midfield.
@Squawka: Most long balls (35+ yards) played in the Premier League this season:

Burnley (1102)
Man Utd (1087)
Southampton (1039)
West Brom (967)

This season when I have watched them I see them pass it around and then lump it to the wing back or to RVP.

A team that might not be great yet, but included De Gea, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, RVP, Falcao, and on a good run of form.

We were under pressure in the first half but interesting to go watch it again, they didn't tear through our midfield, they used quite a bit of long balls and honestly both Mata & Rooney were kept reasonably in check (yes, as expected, 1 or 2 chances).

The danger for me going into the match was Stambouli and Mason would be overrun at will (didn't happen) and both sides would create 6-8 chances and Rooney/RVP/Falcao would be more clinical than Kane/Eriksen (also didn't happen)

I've been a big Poch critic, but we kept our shape, kept our tempo up and improved over the 90 minutes. In no way comparable to some of the **** performances against lower level teams (Stoke/Palace/etc.) we saw a few weeks ago.

Oh no it wasn't as bad as WBA, Stoke or Leicester, but I could count on one hand the number of good performances we've had in the league so far. I realise it's a work in progress but we're halfway through the season now and we haven't put together a run of good performances consistently so far.

Oh no it wasn't as bad as WBA, Stoke or Leicester, but I could count on one hand the number of good performances we've had in the league so far. I realise it's a work in progress but we're halfway through the season now and we haven't put together a run of good performances consistently so far.

I agree mate, its been tough, I put a lot of that down to Poch holding on to Kaboul/Capoue/Ade starting for way too long (and if the rumours re their issues is true, would he have ever made that move?).

I'm still concerned that Lamela gets too much game time (even when its not his day), and we quickly abandon the Kane/Soldado partnership (I think it helps Kane) as soon as the opposition level goes up. I would also like to see width as an option (Townsend left maybe? Lennon)

Yet, our fitness is obviously up, team mentality seems to have improved and shape/tempo is better.

The quality of play needs to step up, but its a start, I feel a bit better than I did 3 weeks ago where I felt both the performances & results were not acceptable.

What teams have? post-world-cup seasons are always sh**e. The least sh**e team wins. Very few classic games so far this season, in fact I can't think of one high quality match between two top teams that you just had to watch again.

Just a massive sh**e fest where the teams with a half-decent defence (Chelsea/Saints/West Ham etc) do well.

Man Utd are 3rd despite being pretty shaky. Arsenal are up there despite being pretty dog-sh**e. West Ham and Saints are up there just based on being solid, but have generally lost whenever they've played a decent side. Liverpool and Everton are sh**ing it up this year.

Many of our fans reckon this is the worst Spurs team they've seen, but we're, what, a few points off 3rd???

This season when I have watched them I see them pass it around and then lump it to the wing back or to RVP.

In the pre match warm up this was something they worked on for 15 mins, Carrick pinging it left or right, crosses in for knock down and finishes

Sorry mate, just not true whatsoever. Poor first-half, significantly better second-half. Lorries unemployed for the latter 45. As for the subs comment, once again he was partially vindicated by the fact the same side which was abject first-half came out and tightened it up second-half. I have to wonder if your post isn't, in fact, some sort of fishing expedition. If it isn't, what should we be doing right now and how should we be lining up and performing?

Our fitness is the most impressive thing and I genuinely feel with man u playing the same 11, they tired out. We got lucky. Hugo made some saves, they made some horrific misses and we lucked out. He didn't change things, he just rode it out and our fitness made us end the game well. But I think it masks a really bad performance from us.

While you seem to accept that we are by no means the finished article, you must surely see the beginnings of a team, no?

Motd posted an interesting statistic on the results we have achieved with Fazio and Verts playing together. Don't you think that shows a start? With Lloris behind them, we are slowly building a base. Mason, Bentelab, Eriksen and Kane show considerable promise, no? If we can buy some quality to add to this, I feel we will be making progress. The important thing now is to make those quality additions.

I think our back 5 could grow into something really great actually, Fazio still needs some convincing. Get a quality CB in Jan to compete properly with those two and I'm extremely happy with that. I think we are terrible in the centre midfield position, as I've said many times i think Mason isn't a prem standard player never mind a spurs standard player, Bentley is okay, but not yet. Stambouli looks like he could be solid. And that's it. I like Dembele's ability but he doesn't do it for us, however I still think he offers so much more than the others, but, and pooch seems to see this, I think he is better in the attacking positions. So that leaves is with nothing of real quality there.

We need a striker. Kane is growing on me I'll admit it, but I still think he's in a purple patch, I can't see him banging the goals in the league, Poch doesn't like soldado.

But anyway, I guess my main point about a team was not the players, but the style of play, I'm not seeing his "philosophy" and if we are, then it isn't impressive in the slightest.

I'm puzzled that anyone cannot see the beginnings of a team. I have been very encouraged by what I have seen over the last month to six weeks. There is still a long way to go but the signs look encouraging to me.

I hope you're right! I don't see it, I see us getting battered every game, even at home to palace!! Let's see!

I hope you're right! I don't see it, I see us getting battered every game, even at home to palace!! Let's see!

You have definately taken Huddy's mantle as the most negative pessimistic poster on this board, life must be a riot in your house hahaha

Back