• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

Oh yes, by quoting something you say i am putting words into your mouth. Fair enough.

your statement intimated that I had asked to be respected, but had refused to give it

neither of the quotes you used indicated that I had done so

so yes - I would say thats what you are trying to do.

Finney - I made that particular request to a specific poster because it was becoming clear would never agree so it was better to leave it that. Probably better than calling each other names much like others do when they discover someone disagreeing with their opinion or exposing the gaping holes in their argument.

Conviniently you have also ignored the terrirorial stats from yesterday which had us at arond 68 - 32 or their triple amount of crosses or the passing pattern posted in the Ratings thread which factually iilustratess much of our 'possession' game happening in our own half while theirs taking place again - in our own half. No, we didn't match them in midfield. Yes, we fought hard for a point.

Conveniently you ignore, time and again, the idea that your territorial stats and passing patterns do not display dominance - but tactics...

Anfield cat becomes internet hit

A cat that invaded the famous Anfield turf for three minutes during LiverpoolÔÇÿs 0-0 Premier League draw with Tottenham Hotspur on Monday has become an internet celebrity.

Several Twitter sites claiming to be the real deal sprung up within hours of the moggyÔÇÖs Lionel Messi-like slalom across the pitch during the first half.

One, @AnfieldCat, had already attracted 17,368 followers early on Tuesday while video footage of the felineÔÇÖs antics were proving popular on the internet.

The latest post on the Twitter site had a gentle dig at LiverpoolÔÇÿs city rivals: ÔÇ£Everton rumoured to be interested in signing me, Bill Kenwright too paw to stump up the money.ÔÇØ

Liverpool fans, known for their humour, serenaded the tabby moggy on the night with the chant A cat, a cata cat, a cat, a cat to the tune of the Kop battle cry Attack..Attack

The cat eventually sauntered off and was last seen in the arms of an Anfield steward.

such a weird thread! shows how fickle fans can be... or how easily jaded we can become.

this was not a spineless, "poor" performance from spurs by any means. this was not showing up, being outplayed and out worked. this was resolute defending, earning a point against one of the form sides in the prem at home, who haven't lost at home all year, who united couldn't beat, who city couldn't beat. pool have a lot of problems, but they have consistently raised their game against the top 6 sides this season.

if we had rafa and lennon fit we would have seen a completely different game. without lennon on the right we can't really stretch an organized defense, and both he and rafa are proven match winners//problems for oppositoin in a way that jake and niko will probably never be. the draw hurts them way more than it hurts us.

if united had eeked out a result in the fa cup in a similar manner to ours, everybody would be banging on about them having the grit of champions etc. for me, this was one of the least enjoyable games to watch this season, but also proved more about the determination of the squad than any other match bar city away. we simply would not give up last night and that mentality is going to put us in great stead for the run in.

Liverpool were brick, Arc, end of. Our defence completely shut them out, they had one long shot, one missed chance by Carroll and one header by the racist.

We had 3 starters out and 4 bench players. We had no manager. Both of our strikers were effectively non-existent so we had no outlet. Dagleish has lost once at home since returning to Anfield. They're unbeaten at home this season and have beaten Chelsea, Man utd, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project this season.

Could we have shown more attacking intent? Of course. That is the only thing I'm marginally disappointed in. Other than that, good defensive performance and a good point.

I think people are more disappointed because a win would have been so massive for us in our challenge for the title rather than actually disappointed with a point at Anfield under those circumstances. That's the case for me at least.

I've been saying that we need to be no more than 5-6 points behind City after the United game to have a good realistic chance to win the league. Now we're 7 behind and have Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Arsenal and United coming up. City have very winnable games against Villa, Blackburn and Bolton coming up. I feel that we need 7-9 points from our next 3 games to stay in the hunt, unless City crash and burn. Not impossible, but going to be tough and we really could have needed those extra two points last night.

Liverpool were brick, Arc, end of. Our defence completely shut them out, they had one long shot, one missed chance by Carroll and one header by the racist.

We had 3 starters out and 4 bench players. We had no manager. Both of our strikers were effectively non-existent so we had no outlet. Dagleish has lost once at home since returning to Anfield. They're unbeaten at home this season and have beaten Chelsea, Man utd, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project this season.

Could we have shown more attacking intent? Of course. That is the only thing I'm marginally disappointed in. Other than that, good defensive performance and a good point.

Dont be silly, you are forgetting the territorial stats.....you know the ones that have suddenly become so important after the "fact" we couldnt "string more than 3 passes together" was completely quashed.

You know, when it was shown that we made 350 passes to Pools 355, with both completing 274 of them.....but....but....we were further back than them......so posession doesnt count.....we were dominated, and hoofed it. Remember?? Remember????

Its true I tell ya. Please believe me, I studied the graph.

you fickle bunch. It was a solid performance against a very good side. Let??s not get ahead of ourselves. It??s not long ago that we were played out of the park everytime we showed up at Anfield

And there was a time when we played the Goons at the Lane we would be happy with a draw but you know what brick changes, that was then this is now. Now I feel if we go out and attack we can beat both Liverpool and the Goons.

You may call me fickle if you like but I call it progress

So it's okay to continually slag off other posters, but not the players? Good to know.

I'd like to think I was reasonably consistent - my (biggest) criticisms almost always are with outspoken critics of the club and players. As a general rule, the people who do this usually believe its their GHod given right to do so, and they become personally abusive towards me. I have no problem with valid critiques, but the "xxxxx is brick" kind of critiques tinkle me off, as they are unreasonable.

I always try to stick to the principle of criticising the post and not the poster - but some people just stand out for a verbal poke in the ego.

You presumably find everyone and all opinions expressed on here to be fair and reasonable do you?

I guess at some time I have obviously criticised you, although you will have to forgive me for not remembering, I never take things personally, as I don't know anyone well enough to really care too much or concern myself with the crap that I have to deal with. I am perfectly at home with the notion that if you dish it out, you have to deal with what you get back, and I always - despite a lot of provocation, try to deal with what is posted, and not the poster.

I can't imagine I have had a go at you, you always seem to be one of the thoughtful and interesting posters, who I actively look for when opening threads - as opposed to the brain dead fudgebuckets who litter the terrain with their hogwash and faux analysis. Then of course there are the drivel tourettes posters, who feel compelled to enter every discussion and every thread with their inane , naive and simpleton level comments and opinions.

Some posters however are just too special to ignore (afan, gutterboy etc)

Mick......I'm taking no sides here...............but...........

The posters you are arguing with, made observations on individual players performances, based on what they had seen.

You do the same, albeit in a (sometimes narcissistic) way.

But here's the crux.............and I've pointed this out to you before................you ALL hold valid PERSONAL opinions.
You just can't come on and destroy those opinions because they differ to yours. Sure, you may have been watching football longer than them, simply because you are older (but NOT as old as me). But these people will see football in a different light to what we are used to.

Now, just to prove I'm not taking sides, I PERSONALLY feel the attacks on Dawson, for instance, are totally un-warranted, and would prefer to see a positive feeling towards him, the other players, the manager and the club. But it just isn't always the case that they deserve this.

Please, please, please......discuss the differences in opinion, viewpoint etc, but let others have their say.

Oh, and no threat of moderation meant in this comment, by the way.

I just feel some posters are far to eager to have a go at others when they disagree with their opinion or the way they put it across. Almost as if they can't wait for someone to do something "wrong".

I usually stay well clear of threads discussing players as they all inevitably turn into some slanging match rather than chat about football. We all have players we for some reason either love or loathe, but when unable to engage in debate: Just try to ignore instead.

I'm not a big fan of Dawson, but he played well against Liverpool. I'm not likely to change my opinion on him, I'll still be worried he's going to make a mistake next time he starts, but I know he's capable of good displays as well as bad ones.

I believe people should be allowed to say they think someone isn't good enough, that has nothing to do with being a poor supporter, but I agree that 'xxx is brick' brings nothing to the table. The only exception is during a match. Comments based on a single performance shouldn't be taken out of that context.

Mick......I'm taking no sides here...............but...........

The posters you are arguing with, made observations on individual players performances, based on what they had seen.

You do the same, albeit in a (sometimes narcissistic) way.

But here's the crux.............and I've pointed this out to you before................you ALL hold valid PERSONAL opinions.
You just can't come on and destroy those opinions because they differ to yours. Sure, you may have been watching football longer than them, simply because you are older (but NOT as old as me). But these people will see football in a different light to what we are used to.

Now, just to prove I'm not taking sides, I PERSONALLY feel the attacks on Dawson, for instance, are totally un-warranted, and would prefer to see a positive feeling towards him, the other players, the manager and the club. But it just isn't always the case that they deserve this.

Please, please, please......discuss the differences in opinion, viewpoint etc, but let others have their say.

Oh, and no threat of moderation meant in this comment, by the way.

I stand by my comment that sparked this Because of quotes such as - Dawson spent the game doing 50 yard hoofs (one of the comments) no he didn't. Its not a matter of opinion, he just didn't - so the comment was invalid and wrong.
Next duff comment was about BAE doing Cruyff turns - wrong again, Benny's trick is nothing like the "Cruff turn" and his trade mark cut inside after dummying down the wing stunt was tried once from memory and he nearly tripped over the ball, but got it to a teammate - he didn't do it again. Neither did he continually get dragged out of position, apart from where he was one of the few defenders back at a corner that got expressed upfield and Benny cut across to Walkers slot, while King et al hot footed back

what sparked all of this off was a post that wasn't a matter of opinion, it was a poor piece of observation from someone who was out to spoil a good performance by unnecessary and innacurate analysis.

I watched the game stone cold sober, maybe I had an advantage, and my memory was less clouded, who knows?

As for charliethe yid - I have no time for someone who slags off a player before the game, saying he will sell us down the river with a brick performance, and then promptly joins a thread about his excellent showing, and displays not contrition whatsoever and tries to brick the guy once again. Sorry but thats not support - young or old and football is football, its either played well, or its played badly - but to slate a guy who just put in a good shift, is just a sign of ignorance. Had he criticised losing Carroll when he got a header in, or failed to prevent Suarez's header, then fine - but no, the actual things he did do less than well were almost ignored, as if marking Carroll was a walk in the park.

There's a lot of good posters on here and many with a better grasp of the game than me, who are much younger than me, and I show them all of the respect that they deserve, because they talk sense, and explain any criticisms in a reasonable and educated way. Just as I can see who is playing well and who isn't - I can recognise good posters and the spoilers and blowhards.

I tend to get into trouble because I get tinkled off at the ignorant and rude posters, who simply abuse me for my opinions, and generally they get tinkled off when they find out that I can be a lot cleverer about being rude back at them, maybe thats my problem, perhaps I should just call people clams and arseholes as well?

Support is exactly what it says, support. If you don't want to do it, why can't you go somewhere else, and let supporters have discussions. You only have to look at the hogwash that gets ladled at Defoes door, you would think that he was Rasiaks blind and crippled brother or an undercover city player, sent to wreck our chances.

I am quite capable of being totally reasonable and thoroughly pleasant, including to people I disagree with, as long as they treat me the same way. I strive to stay away from being personal, because I know for a fact that no-one behaves on here the way they do in reality, and lets face it - when have any of us, had a ruck or a fight with other Spurs fans when you meet them in the flesh?

We all have one thing in common, supporting Spurs, some folk just need to keep sight of the fact.

Last edited:
I didn't say I had any right to have my opinions admired or feted, if I put out an opinion and its disagreed with, I will support it until I am left with it, or forced to change it.

You put out a synopsis of the match that was a misrepresentation of the way the game went, and you criticised players for doing things that they didn't do.

YOU - not me, you did it, and I for one (I know I'm not alone) are tinkled off with people - who say they are supporters of the team, continually dragging it down, and slagging the players off, as if they didn't reach your lofty standards. I have no qualifications to recognise talent, or be able to analyse what happened in a game, other than 40 years of watching football played at the highest level, during which time I have witnessed the sublime and the ridiculous.

What I don't do is make up erroneous faults or errors about players, and try to pass them off as accurate analysis

Neither do I continually carp about the club, the manager the board or go on fanboy rampages or hate campaigns about the people who pull the shirt on, and go out to entertain me, and represent the club I love.

But you and your dopey brother in arms seem to think that you have the GHod given right to do so, without censure or approbation - well sorry, it doesn't work like that. If you post crap, expect to get some thrown back at you. You are the ones who are reacting poorly - and now you whine that you are getting no respect

Its because you have done nothing, or said nothing to deserve it.

Why not start a board where everyone ONLY bitches and whines, when they are not served Barcelona/Brazil style football every game? Then you and your ilk can wallow around in a sea of self satisfied bile and vitriolic moaning, and leave those of us who love the club and the team to get on with supporting the club - and showing the team and its players respect that they have actually earned - without being sniped at by some no mark turkey who has nothing better to do than pass on bricky comments about players who they are not fit to clean the boots of.

I seriously don't know what your problem is.

You seem like an educated man with good grasp of language, but at the same time you act like (but not saying you are) an Internet troll and a schoolyard bully, picking on members with few posts or who are "universally" regarded open targets and posting solely for reactions. Then you ally with a selected few, to gain some sort of misguided reputation. If that gives you a kick, well carry on for all I care, but refrain from giving me characteristics I don't have. ( < see what you made me do there)

Firstly, I didn't whine or call for your or anybody's respect, I simply replied to your demand of "showing respect to the board" by only posting what you consider worthy posts. I have never had any "lofty standards", even if I think everything has to be seen in relation to the level our players play at. I expect more from Emmanuel Adebayor, a seasoned professional on 225k/w than Johnny Johnson in the Conference. If we shouldn't, why not just buy said Johnny Johnson who would happily play for a fraction? Anybody can have a good or an off day, but I don't regard say Pavlyuchenko a 8+ if he scores on an assist provided from the hard work of teammates, if he doesn't put in a shift for the remainder of the game. That one exception in "lofty standards" is about effort, which anybody can put in regardless of skillset or experience.

To put me as some sort of leader of "hate campaigns" is so ridiculous that I'll just leave it at that. And yes, me and my "dopey brothers-in-arms" have a GHod-given (or more like government and gg-board-owner given) right to post an opinion on a football forum when behaving politely towards others, even if someone would happily see us denied that right. When you resort to making things up to berate me, I'll take it as a sign of someone drying up for arguments, trying to save face with rethorics.

I have neither critizised the sitting board nor the club in my puny 1000+ posts over 10 years, other than agreeing to questions about our strange stockpiling of players we don't need while leaving obvious holes unattended (the left winger debacle comes to mind). I am not in any way alone to do so, even by people with credentials far higher than mine. I have also wondered what the hell they were going on in our physioroom in the 90's, or what incredibly beautiful women who obviously had to work there. Ok, I also laughed a little at Glenn Hoddle scratching himself senseless, but I still would like him at our club in some position, even if I and everybody's grandmother understood why he had to go. I'm getting sentimental on my older days it seems. I have also at times questioned Harry's tactial astuteness, as has Claus Lundekvam and Rafael Van der Vaart, but I have several times pointed out that his obvious man-management skill more than weighs up for it, and maybe even is the way forward in modern football.

But as said, I don't have any credentials either, other than supporting Spurs for over 30 years. I'll happily admit that if Spurs didn't exist, I'd probably wouldn't follow football at all. I hate Norwegian football (other than lower divisions), and I despise the direction modern football has taken lately. The one thing I like though, is the opportunity to read this board (and SC) and see if my ilk have made the same (totally wrongful of course) observations that I have on the club that I love too. And let's not forget, sometimes also post some drivel, drag the club and board through the mud, asking why we are not Barcelona and starting a few hate campaigns here and there.

The way I see it, football itself is comfortably simple. 22 men battle for 90 minutes plus to put a pig's bladder in a fishnet the most times. And then there are some rules, which in most cases are prone to misjudgment by the officiating force depending on who's playing who. Absolutely everything else is about personal perception, feelings, preference and opinions. I'm astounded at the fact that a clever man like you look like you can't grasp that concept. How fun would it be to only discuss clear set facts? Poster 1: we won 1-0. Poster 2: Yes we did since the others didn't score. Poster 3: We love our club. Poster 4: ^ This. Repeat ad nauseaum. Joke of course, albeit a poor one, I know. And who is to say what is facts? While most of us would have Skrtel double red-carded for his lunge at Bale, most Liverpool fans probably saw nothing wrong with it, and the ref saw something in between. Don't they love their club or share their passion as much as we do, or are they just inferior beings to you (That is probably best left unanswered)? Some prefer a forward who bangs in 20 goals and do very little else, while others like a forward who scores 10 goals, have 10 assists and contributes much more providing entertainment. Some like Rangers while others like Celtic, and even if not very compatible, there isn't much wrong in either.

The reception of opinions on here has gotten very poster-dependant, it looks like it matter more who forwards an opinion than the actual content of it. One member can get slaughtered for voicing something which is lauded when repeated by someone else a few pages later. But that's fine with me, it's an open forum after all.

And why not follow your own advice and start a board where everybody agrees with you? Then you can kick your own members out for disagreeing with you and wallowing in self-satisfied bile. And while I'm still in physical shape to do so, I'm unfortunately too old to clean football players' boots, or to even consider it an honour.

Yours truly,
Mark Turkey

Ok, now we're talking.

I stand by my comment that sparked this Because of quotes such as - Dawson spent the game doing 50 yard hoofs (one of the comments) no he didn't. Its not a matter of opinion, he just didn't - so the comment was invalid and wrong.

- I'll be the first to admit that "hoof" was not the right word, and while English is not my mother tongue I can see that "clearances" would be better. I also had the fortune of watching it completely sober, and I reacted to the times (not a 100 but more than two) we lost possession unnecessarily by what I perceived as "rashness" rather than pass it. The old saying if in doubt - get it out kept going in my mind more than once. (but not for 90 minutes mind). Other than that I have never said anything else than that I consider Dawson a solid English-type defender.

Next duff comment was about BAE doing Cruyff turns - wrong again, Benny's trick is nothing like the "Cruff turn" and his trade mark cut inside after dummying down the wing stunt was tried once from memory and he nearly tripped over the ball, but got it to a teammate - he didn't do it again. Neither did he continually get dragged out of position, apart from where he was one of the few defenders back at a corner that got expressed upfield and Benny cut across to Walkers slot, while King et al hot footed back

- Now that we may disagree on, but I have only seen the game 1,3 times, as the game after the main game on TV was - the main game. Several times (again, not a 100 but more than two) he found himself positioned in central defence with a man covering the back position, I don't know if that's intentional, but to my limited understanding, that's not the area he's supposed to cover. Might be out "fluid system" though. And his feint look very much like the Cryuff feint to me. Anyway, I can't think of a single post where I've critizised BAE, quite the opposite in fact. "Continually" if I said that was again wrong wording, I can relate to that, but I much like you I like to use advanced words. I will have my synonym wordbook next to me from now on.

As for charliethe yid - I have no time for someone who slags off a player before the game, saying he will sell us down the river with a brick performance, and then promptly joins a thread about his excellent showing, and displays not contrition whatsoever and tries to brick the guy once again. Sorry but thats not support - young or old and football is football, its either played well, or its played badly - but to slate a guy who just put in a good shift, is just a sign of ignorance. Had he criticised losing Carroll when he got a header in, or failed to prevent Suarez's header, then fine - but no, the actual things he did do less than well were almost ignored, as if marking Carroll was a walk in the park.

- Did I? Is saying that I'm much more confident with Dawson when King commands the defence than not, slagging off a player? Then again, playing next to King can make anybody good. And that I think he's an excellent deputy but a poor leader of defence saying he will sell us down the river with a brick performance? Again, to my limited understanding, I based that on my inferior observations of earlier constellations.

I tend to get into trouble because I get tinkled off at the ignorant and rude posters, who simply abuse me for my opinions, and generally they get tinkled off when they find out that I can be a lot cleverer about being rude back at them, maybe thats my problem, perhaps I should just call people clams and arseholes as well?

- I'm ignorant and rude? Really?

Support is exactly what it says, support. If you don't want to do it, why can't you go somewhere else, and let supporters have discussions. You only have to look at the hogwash that gets ladled at Defoes door, you would think that he was Rasiaks blind and crippled brother or an undercover city player, sent to wreck our chances.

- There is in my humble opinion a difference between supporting a club and being downright religious about it. I'm not saying either is wrong, but I for one are certainly not religious about anything.

I am quite capable of being totally reasonable and thoroughly pleasant, including to people I disagree with, as long as they treat me the same way. I strive to stay away from being personal, because I know for a fact that no-one behaves on here the way they do in reality, and lets face it - when have any of us, had a ruck or a fight with other Spurs fans when you meet them in the flesh?

- I would not opiniate (is that even a word) anything on here that I wouldn't say to a fellow Spurs fan, I am a strong believer in Internet ethics. But then again I could hardly see that two Spurs fans discussing whether Dawson is a good commander of defence or not or if BAE's feint is a Cruyff would start a fight.

We all have one thing in common, supporting Spurs, some folk just need to keep sight of the fact.

- That we can absolutely agree upon.

Last edited:
I seriously don't know what your problem is.

my apologies, youe English is so good I hadn't realised it wasn't your first language. Perhaps some of my anger at your original post was down to semantics.

You confused my post with everything being directed at you, it wasn't - apart from the comments that were directly related to your criticisms of Dawson - who had been getting abuse before the game and after it - I didn't recognise your pseudonym and you simply looked like anothe Dawson basher, and the BAE comments which were wrong IMV. I didn't mean that you were ignorant or rude, but many people are - because they can't be bothered to express themselves properly.

I don't need anyone, much less everyone to agree with me - I have no need for anyone to massage my ego, or suck up to me. I speak my mind and am grown up and mature enough to live with the consequences of doing so, so your final comments were woefully short of the mark, and I guess the boot cleaning metaphor may have lost something in translation, its not as literal as you may imagine.

Post count does not equal quality of posts, I couldn't give a toss how many you or I - or anyone else puts in, its what you say that matters. Furthermore, I rarely remember pseudonyms, I deal in names, if people posted as themselves, and were accountable - I think we would all be a lot more pleasant.

Any physical event viewed at different angles by 10 different people will yield 10 different stories, but there are some things that are insurmountable - you made statements, about things that didn't happen, I don't need a stat freak to tell me that almost all of Dawsons passes were less than 20 yards and to the feet of a spurs player. He no longer employs the long range pass out to the wingers, and there is a big difference between a pass out of defence and a clearance because we are under pressure and I need to buy time.

Supporting Spurs isn't a religion to me either - but its fudging close, particularly as I have no religion. I have no problem with anything to do with the club being questioned or criticised - but I have a serious problem with the mindless way that some people do it.

I'm not after sympathy - but to put things in perspective - I'm going into hospital tomorrow to have an operation that will determine whether I have lymphoma or not. Supporting spurs and how people choose to do it, is so far down the list of things I have to worry about - its just not true.

take care

Mick

my apologies, youe English is so good I hadn't realised it wasn't your first language. Perhaps some of my anger at your original post was down to semantics.

You confused my post with everything being directed at you, it wasn't - apart from the comments that were directly related to your criticisms of Dawson - who had been getting abuse before the game and after it - I didn't recognise your pseudonym and you simply looked like anothe Dawson basher, and the BAE comments which were wrong IMV. I didn't mean that you were ignorant or rude, but many people are - because they can't be bothered to express themselves properly.

I don't need anyone, much less everyone to agree with me - I have no need for anyone to massage my ego, or suck up to me. I speak my mind and am grown up and mature enough to live with the consequences of doing so, so your final comments were woefully short of the mark, and I guess the boot cleaning metaphor may have lost something in translation, its not as literal as you may imagine.

Post count does not equal quality of posts, I couldn't give a toss how many you or I - or anyone else puts in, its what you say that matters. Furthermore, I rarely remember pseudonyms, I deal in names, if people posted as themselves, and were accountable - I think we would all be a lot more pleasant.

Any physical event viewed at different angles by 10 different people will yield 10 different stories, but there are some things that are insurmountable - you made statements, about things that didn't happen, I don't need a stat freak to tell me that almost all of Dawsons passes were less than 20 yards and to the feet of a spurs player. He no longer employs the long range pass out to the wingers, and there is a big difference between a pass out of defence and a clearance because we are under pressure and I need to buy time.

Supporting Spurs isn't a religion to me either - but its fudging close, particularly as I have no religion. I have no problem with anything to do with the club being questioned or criticised - but I have a serious problem with the mindless way that some people do it.

I'm not after sympathy - but to put things in perspective - I'm going into hospital tomorrow to have an operation that will determine whether I have lymphoma or not. Supporting spurs and how people choose to do it, is so far down the list of things I have to worry about - its just not true.

take care

Mick

Seriously Mick, that's what I'm calling setting things straight. It was a discussion and even if we perhaps baited each other a bit, I have seen discussions falling to a far lower level than this did. Fair play in any way.

Much of the fun in following football is sharing views, especially when people have other views than yourself - in a civil way. But I have to say that some supporters who are blinded by faith are as annoying to me as fairweather fans jumping on the bandwagon. I have heard middle-aged men declaring Rooney a deity and a perfect role model just based on his ability to kick a football. And this was the Rooney of old, who you wouldn't have as a babysitter to be able to tend to your sister's wedding.

I take great pride in that we as Spurs supporters are anything but fairweather, have experienced more than our fair share of hardship, injuries and mismanagement, but still held our heads high both as club and supporters, and are generally seen upon as knowledgeable and even objective football fans. We are in fact more than able to acknowledge other team's players even through gritted teeth, that we do not condone cheating, and that not everything is just about winning, but providing entertainment along the way. We are mostly able to see our own shortcomings, but lately we have been so fortunate and properly handled that most of it is merely nitpicking.We couldn't do that only 10 years ago. But we should still be able to discuss and banter about it, even amongst ourselves. At least then we are with our fellow fans. Happy times indeed, but while we should aim for the top and it's fun to think about it, I don't consider us title challengers - yet. Compare that to the delusion going on at other clubs, and we suddenly look like Mensa members.

I think Norwegian supporters tend to be every bit as "religious" about English football as the Brits themselves. For GHod's sake (which I as an agnostic don't use lightly), it's more important to our newspapers what Man Utd and Liverpool do, unless someone gets murdered. So I think we are a good reflection of what the English supporters are about. And while I think the Suarez case is totally blown out of proportion, I don't think we as Spurs supporters would ever resort to the kind of behaviour the Liverpool club and fans has shown over the last few weeks if such was a case at Spurs. The Bale diving discussion is a good (or maybe not) example of that, we don't condone diving from our own even when it gives us an unfair advantage.

On the contrary, the club and players have made me proud so many times by our decent conduct both on and off the field, even when losing. But sometimes I still wish we could be a little bit more cynical, when in Rome and so on.

Anyway, fair play again Mick, you have risen sharply in my book (which you don't care about, but I'll say it anyway - joke), and I'm sorry to hear about your health situation. But while we like to look back and say everything was better before, we surely should be grateful that modern medicine doesn't think like that.

This would probably be better suited as a PM, but there you go.

Best of luck tomorrow.

Staale

Last edited:
Conveniently you ignore, time

and again, the idea that your territorial stats and passing patterns do not display dominance - but tactics...

Ha, you ve returned.

No - Im simply illlustrating that WE were the ones absorbing all the pressure for most of the game and were continuously pressed in our own half. The fact we defended well is undeniable - its the fact we were made to so for most of the game against a team many concluded were 10x times bricker than us before kick off that is being overlooked here.

Nayim, not sure if you wathced the game but we most certainly didn't match them. Not for 80% of the timeat least and were pinned back continously defending for our lives under pressure

How can you possibly suggest it was an even game is beyond me. Our midfield was non-existent, ffs. They controlled the tempo and rhythm, we resorted to hoofing at the back and occasional push and run by Bale. Yes, we fought hard to that point but were second best on the night in most departments.

LOL...there was one passage of play where kept possession for three minutes, another for 3 and a half, another for two, we had times when the ball simply wasn't out of our possession...

Ha, you ve returned.

No - Im simply illlustrating that WE were the ones absorbing all the pressure for most of the game and were continuously pressed in our own half. The fact we defended well is undeniable - its the fact we were made to so for most of the game against a team many concluded were 10x times bricker than us before kick off that is being overlooked here.

#-o

Again mate, 5 big players out for us, three major attacking presences, manager doesn't make it in the end, can I ask, would you have gone out there against a full-strength Liverpool side and gone for them given the personnel we had? It's not all love, light and merciless flowing attack, sometimes you have to know when to dig in and get a point. My only complaint was that I felt Bale needed to get up and support Ade more in the first-half, but there again, they were trying to kick ten shades of brick out of him from the start and he got little protection, so I sort of understand why...I think with a full-strength side, we are three times the side they are...not ten...

Back