• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea *** OMT

Lloris
Walker- Fazio - Vert - Rose
Bentaleb - Mason
Townsend - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane​

No Davies ****es me off.

F-me that line-up looks ripe for Chelski to give us a real drubbing! It looks far too open in front of the back four for me. Chelski will be far more ruthless with their finishing I feel. Ah well.

Still looking forward to the second half of the season regardless.

COYS

From Spurs twitter:
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane #COYS
#THFC subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado. #COYS

I take it Lamela is injured (not even on the bench)? I must have missed that news. And what about Lennon? Is he injured too? Would like to see either of them ahead of Townsend to be honest. In fact, I think I'd even rather start Soldado ahead of Townsend. But we shall see. (fingers crossed the guy makes me eat my words today!)

Other than that - and assuming it is injury-related - I can't see much wrong with the team selection. Probably about the best 11 we have available (excluding the Soldado / Townsend issue).

Oh, and is Dier injured? He started so strongly this season, I wonder if he doesn't deserve a place on the bench at least?

Our defenders may have their indivicual issues, but there's been a lot of hard work covering for each other.

It's far from a done deal

From Spurs twitter:
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane #COYS
#THFC subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado. #COYS

I take it Lamela is injured (not even on the bench)? I must have missed that news. And what about Lennon? Is he injured too? Would like to see either of them ahead of Townsend to be honest. In fact, I think I'd even rather start Soldado ahead of Townsend. But we shall see. (fingers crossed the guy makes me eat my words today!)

Other than that - and assuming it is injury-related - I can't see much wrong with the team selection. Probably about the best 11 we have available (excluding the Soldado / Townsend issue).

Oh, and is Dier injured? He started so strongly this season, I wonder if he doesn't deserve a place on the bench at least?

I have been wondering about Dier as well, Soldado though awful as a striker would offer more in that position then townsend.

Feck me, that Chelsea team is good. 50% genuine World Class players and the other 50% not far off. No weak links anywhere on the field (except *maybe* the pace of their back line... but they're so well drilled by now that it rarely comes down to a foot-race with them).

Personally I don't think our defence will be up to the task, and we could get proper ripped apart today (another man-of-the-match performance from Lloris might be our only chance). But if we can somehow contain their attack, I do think Kane has what it takes to raise his game for the occasion and grab a goal or two. COYS

No real surprises bar Rose for Davies. Maybe the pace of Rose got him in. We need Mason and Bentaleb to really cover for the FBs today. Otherwise we will get ripped.

COYS.

No wide men on the bench?

Wonder if we'd go with Rose left with Davies behind him in the game or even Chiriches on and push Walker up?

From Spurs twitter:

OS team news so no new injuries so Lamela must be a late injury.

The Chelsea team is ridiculous, going to be tough.

No wide men on the bench?

Wonder if we'd go with Rose left with Davies behind him in the game or even Chiriches on and push Walker up?

Which wide man would you suggest given Lamela and Lennon's injuries? Ceballos?

Back