• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I don't understand the need for some of our fans to slag off our own players. We should always look to upgrade, whoever that is. What ever level at the club. But while they are here treat them with respect.
Play well and you won't get criticised. And if you can't take critique then you might need to try a alternative career. [emoji2379]

Play well and you won't get criticised. And if you can't take critique then you might need to try a alternative career. [emoji2379]

They obviously play well. Hence they are internationals and playing for a premier league team.

Guess you are more successful in your career?

Reactions: DTA
They obviously play well. Hence they are internationals and playing for a premier league team.

Guess you are more successful in your career?
I'm quite successful in my career to be honest and yes I'm willing to listen to critique.

I'm not sure why you think professional football players should be exempt from the same rationale as everybody else. [emoji848]

I'm quite successful in my career to be honest and yes I'm willing to listen to critique.

I'm not sure why you think professional football players should be exempt from the same rationale as everybody else. [emoji848]

Footballers get critique from managers and their peers. They also get slagged off daily from muppets, who have no idea what they are talking about. They learn from one, put up with the other.

I am saying people from our own fan base should not slag off our own players.

Sure if you in your successful career had random idiots slagging you off for doing your job, when they had no ability at all to do it. You might think they are c...s.

We are meant to be supporters. Show respect to the players that put our shirt on. Otherwise you are no better than the "fans" that boo opposition national anthems.

Bet no one (or 80,000 people) has ever shouted "fudge off you useless clam" at you whilst doing your job.

Are you as successful as Toby though? Are you a multimillionaire who are in top two of their profession in the country?

I don’t see what the issue is. Dier isn’t good enough and hasn’t been for years now. As long as the criticism is constructive then I see no problem. That doesn’t mean people won’t support him when he plays for us. I wouldn’t not celebrate a goal if Dier scored for example just because I don’t think he’s good enough for spurs :D

I don’t see what the issue is. Dier isn’t good enough and hasn’t been for years now. As long as the criticism is constructive then I see no problem. That doesn’t mean people won’t support him when he plays for us. I wouldn’t not celebrate a goal if Dier scored for example just because I don’t think he’s good enough for spurs :D
I thought this was obvious but I guess some want to be superfan's. [emoji2379]

So glad we had him at Spurs. The defensive partnership with Jan was probably the best I've seen in my 30+ years supporting Spurs.
He deserved to have won something with us and now I cannot begrudge him getting a big payday before his career ends.

This also indicates we are not far from agreeing a replacement.

Back