1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

To Dier is To Do (Doo)

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Jul 2014.

1. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

Makes a change from being nutmegged by Dele at least!

MKSpur likes this.
  2. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

27 years old and still making elementary errors every game.

4. Bishop

Bishop Mido

Poop.

Tangana can not be worse.

DeanoAustin likes this.
  5. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Perry

The problem is that he is. Tanganga is not a good defender, no better than Dier at all.. We need 2 x CBS this summer as second priority.... first is of course a new manager.

6. Bishop

Bishop Mido

I'd rather see Tangana flail about than Dier tbh, at least he might so the unexpected. With Dier or Sanchez it's all too predictable.

MKSpur likes this.
  7. billyiddo

billyiddo Terry Dyson Staff Member

Tanganga might learn something in the process too

DTA and Bishop like this.
  8. ringo

ringo Tim Sherwood

Dier is not an instinctive/natural defender. And definitely not a top class CB. Nor will he be. I'm not entirely sure what his particular positive football attributes are, but I would play him further forward as either CDM or the more forward looking CDM in a 4-2-3-1 for example. Where his inevitable occasional slip-ups have less of an impact. [Not that we are ever likely to find out but I reckon he would make a half decent back up striker.]

9. DubSpur

DubSpur Ramon Vega

He's not got a proper run at CB to make a judgement on if he is or not.

DaygoSpur likes this.
  10. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

11. metalgear

metalgear Rafael Van Der Vaart

Can someone come buy Dier already... He is a fan favourite so must be really good!

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

harr1984 likes this.
  12. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Hopefully Roma want him

MKSpur, AdamB, nelto and 2 others like this.
  13. metalgear

Dier could see and cut off both crosses for Leeds goals no question. Leaving it to skip across the goal mouth is not an option... Why doesn't he understand that? 20210508_202602.jpeg 20210508_202309.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

SteveAWOL, harr1984 and DeanoAustin like this.
  14. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

and cops off a 10/10 performance by not stepping up and costing us another goal

15. Finney Is Back

I might have to take that back.... Not the bit about Tanganga not being a good defender, but the bit about him being no better than Dier.
    We’ve had some bad centre back’s over the years but I’m struggling to think of many worse than Dier.

16. Finney Is Back

Happens every game. He is a Dierbolical player. Easiest player to upgrade in the team. Could take a journeyman centre back from the championship and we’d instantly improve.

17. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

How brick must Rodon be doing in training that Eric Diarrhoea is first choice LCB?

Thanks for clattering Hazard and Fabregash at the Battle of the Bridge but time to part ways this summer!

18. metalgear

Great Southgate was watching. Dier going to miss the Euros. We are going to be stuck with him forever!

19. Bishop

Bishop Mido

I try don't understand his decision making. It's not the first game he's let a ball cross his path unchallenged. He's a CB why would he think that's a reasonable choice to make? If the box were empty and he was avoiding scoring an OG then I would understand but he knows or at least should know there are attackers behind him. Clear the fudging ball, if you score an OG so be it, hard luck but happens. I'd have no criticism whatsoever but to just leave the ball. fudge me it's brainless.

The crazy thing is he did it again the 2nd half with a looking cross just left it and there was a Leeds attacker behind and fortunately Reggie mopped after him. For a CB he makes incredibly stupid decisions in the box.

Mason needs to look past his fondness for the personality and watch his diabolical displays.

metalgear, harr1984 and glasgowspur like this.
  20. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

The bizarre thing about these photos is that in frame 2 Dier is clearly telling PEH to take Bamford. Its the wrong thig to do as PEH should have bene watching the no 43, however setting that aside, telling PEH to take Bamford must have logically meant that Dier would attack the ball. However, Dier then just lets the ball come across. I'm not sure how I explain what he is thinking - just wasnt impacting play at all

I'd be very happy for Jose to take him to Roma, and separately us to offload Sanchez. Maybe we can get £50m for the pair? Then sign Anderson from Lyon and AN Other CB

metalgear likes this.