1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Tit Monday

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by scaramanga, 3 Apr 2017.

1. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

No, you've a forum to run.

Last edited: 5 May 2022
    thfcsteff and AuroRaman like this.
  2. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Thank you for taking the time to do what I no longer have the patience to do.

Calling Luton 'grumpy pants' was yet another attempt to avoid/make light of a serious matter. I agree with you.

AuroRaman likes this.
  3. LutonSpurs

LutonSpurs Eric Dear

The thing people don't get is that it hurts. I genuinely feel there are people on this forum who dislike my cultural identity and therefore the group I belong to. But not others with the same characteristics but a different label with no knowledge of their individual values.

That is fundamentally bigotry.

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Mel Hopkins Staff Member

5. scaramanga

I agree there's a chance it was a racist comment, that's why it's currently being discussed.

But any poster deserves the right to clarify whether such a comment is a dig at religion (perfectly acceptable no matter which one it is) or his skin colour (obviously not).

6. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Another example of your refusal to be respectful. As a human being, how about showing some fudging respect? He's tried to engage you with civility and you toss this one
    off?

AuroRaman likes this.
  7. scaramanga

I don't need to read them. I know that many people wish to prevent the criticism of other people's religion - I've made it clear that the position of this forum is very different from that.

Do you genuinely think there's anything in that document that I've not heard or considered before?

8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

I don't think you've read it so how would you know what is considered?

DTA and AuroRaman like this.
  9. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

BTW I note that you have again decided against acknowledging your total lack of respect for another person on this forum. It speaks volumes.

AuroRaman likes this.
  10. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

I was here expecting tits, but it seems I entered the racist/islamophobic thread.

Disappointed!!

Last edited: 6 May 2022
  11. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Mitchell Thomas

I would suggest the silence/cowardice of the poster in question is telling. Also, I’m not sure asking someone if they were being racist or religionist (with at least one of those options offering a get-out clause) is an effective accountability model.

thfcsteff, Aldo, milo and 1 other person like this.
  12. DTA

DTA Tim Sherwood

then read what @LutonSpurs wrote about his lived experiences. How the way you run this board is contributing to that… think about that for a second

AuroRaman and milo like this.
  13. AuroRaman

Bingo

14. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

Mark had a chance to do that when he was pulled up on it in the thread. He chose not to. The intent of the comment was clear.

thfcsteff and AuroRaman like this.
  15. AuroRaman

Unfortunately the internet has made such disrespect commonplace. Mike Tyson has a great quote about the lack of accountability it affords.

16. DTA

DTA Tim Sherwood

@scaramanga Also riddle me this… how come @AuroRaman is subject to islamaphobic abuse despite not being Muslim? But I who am Muslim, culturally at least am not… I have received racist abuse but not islamaphobic abuse… could it be that he is tad darker then me?

do you see where racism comes in to this now?

thfcsteff, AuroRaman and milo like this.
  17. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that people shouldn't be able to criticise religion. In a thread or conversation about religion, that is fair game. I think that it is perfectly possible to do that and still be respectful. What I disagree with and think you are completely wrong on is letting people get away with underhand racist comments using religion as cover.

thfcsteff, AuroRaman and DTA like this.
  18. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Let me get this straight.

You are now conflating the freedom to criticize religion in an open forum with an example of casual racism in a thread? Combined with your creative edit of the repositioned thread in question, this is yet another example of you trying to steer the narrative to safe ground as I doubt anybody doesn't agree that (respectful) criticism of religion should not be allowed.

Last edited: 6 May 2022
    spurspinter1 and AuroRaman like this.
  19. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Mitchell Thomas

Reading this hurt mate. I can tell you wholeheartedly, that a vast majority (>99%) of people on this forum would get huge enjoyment out of knowing you let alone being your friend. No-one will ever please all the people all the time but do you know what, in terms of the 1%, fcuk em!

This forum has a poisonous element but that's representative of a wider society, that is without doubt full of cnuts. Maybe the ratio in here is actually even a little better.

@scaramanga and @markysimmo you should have a long look at yourselves and question whether promoting, facilitating this sort of crap is actually the best use of your life. Having had my fair share of run ins with a few on here (about the tourism virtues of Australia, of all places) and having since stepped away from this forum, by and large, I can tell you there's more important things in life.

Mikey10, DTA, AuroRaman and 1 other person like this.
  20. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Sadly I feel I know the response you will get mate.

AuroRaman likes this.