• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tit Monday

Seeing as this has become the thread to discuss racism, and to try to move on slightly from a conversation that I'm not sure can be resolved.... what do people think of those twitter accounts where they post a picture of a footballer when they were a child and ask people to guess who it is which is, 100% of the time, followed by hundreds of guesses of footballers with a totally different colour skin.... casual racism that's seemingly acceptable... its abhorrent to me

Your offence offends me

Seeing as this has become the thread to discuss racism, and to try to move on slightly from a conversation that I'm not sure can be resolved.... what do people think of those twitter accounts where they post a picture of a footballer when they were a child and ask people to guess who it is which is, 100% of the time, followed by hundreds of guesses of footballers with a totally different colour skin.... casual racism that's seemingly acceptable... its abhorrent to me

I’m no authority on here (or on this issue) but it seems more appropriate to keep things relevant to the matter at hand rather than turning the discussion in to an all out “You know what really grinds my gears about race?!” discussion, there’s already enough of a can of worms opened here with what has transpired and the evident backtracking from the head honcho in charge.

Not meaning to say your thoughts aren’t valid but maybe start a new thread if you want? Clear answers are owed to posters without the need to ask a whole load of other questions (in my opinion).

Last edited:
It was a brick comment that I shouldn't have posted
Reason I never replied back was that I was away and then banned
I will be a more considered poster going forward

so what was your thought process when writing it?

why do you now think it’s a shït post? But you didn’t. Then?

can you see why people are offended?

Edit: not even trying to be a dïck here btw, I hear brick like Londonistan a lot online, and when you confront that person to explain their post or thinking they disappear - so I’m interested to hear what you thought process was and is.

Last edited:
so what was your thought process when writing it?

why do you now think it’s a shït post? But you didn’t. Then?

can you see why people are offended?

That may be a rather unfair ask. Marky has served his ban and has issued a rather formulaic but still unqualified apology. If he’s not good at introspection and if he’s careless with language, anything he offers as an answer to you will look more like a justification of the post than like an honest account of his thinking, and so will just attract more opprobrium.

I still think that the thread should be returned to wherever it was first banished.

That may be a rather unfair ask. Marky has served his ban and has issued a rather formulaic but still unqualified apology. If he’s not good at introspection and if he’s careless with language, anything he offers as an answer to you will look more like a justification of the post than like an honest account of his thinking, and so will just attract more opprobrium.

I still think that the thread should be returned to wherever it was first banished.

I hear your point, and it makes sense. Would be interesting to delve a little deeper than a formulaic ‘apology’ though and in to reasoning, otherwise how does change happen?

I hear your point, and it makes sense. Would be interesting to delve a little deeper than a formulaic ‘apology’ though and in to reasoning, otherwise how does change happen?

Change happens when people intuit what the acceptable norms are and adapt their behaviour accordingly. I’d put hard cash on there being less overt evidence of racism on this board now, at least for a year or two.

We need someone to admonish everyone for the objectification of women…and we’d be right back on track.

We need someone to admonish everyone for the objectification of women…and we’d right back on track.

We need an actual woman to do that to shame everyone properly and while I respect Luton (and others) enormously for calling out Islamophobia rather than staying silent, it would be asking quite a lot of Glenda to police a board full of socially inadequate men on behalf of her entire gender.

Just bin it, Scara.

We need an actual woman to do that to shame everyone properly and while I respect Luton (and others) enormously for calling out Islamophobia rather than staying silent, it would be asking quite a lot of Glenda to police a board full of socially inadequate men on behalf of her entire gender.

Just bin it, Scara.

An important point. The misogyny is BS. Please stop it.

In fairness it's quite easy for me to avoid this thread if I don't think I am going to like what I read** - it's pretty well signposted by the title. That's somewhat different to casual (or otherwise) racist remarks being made seemingly at random in a thread where it's not a topic of discussion.

**The trouble is a) I just can't have any threads with unread posts, it irritates me, so have to click on everything, even if I just scroll to the end without reading; and b) curiosity (noseiness) usually gets the better of me in any case.

Am I offended by it? Hmm, not 'offended' as such. A bit uncomfortable sometimes maybe (but again, I know it's not a thread intended for my consumption, nor are the posts, I can easily avoid reading them) but it is a bit creepy sometimes when I know from the general info that people post that it's not 18 year olds posting herein, it's grown men with kids (maybe even daughters) of their own and I find that a bit unsettling/weird.

I find it hard to believe you didn't know Khan was Muslim. Its a crap excuse. And I know its not personal @scaramanga as I'm one of OK ones aren't I. Anyway I'm please a ban has been put in place.
Khan not obviously being Muslim makes Marky's comments worse, not better. I think you've mixed up what I'm saying there.

I don't pay any attention whatsoever to Khan, he's a joke of a politician and the only thing he can do that would change my life at all is abolish the congestion charge.

Reading this hurt mate. I can tell you wholeheartedly, that a vast majority (>99%) of people on this forum would get huge enjoyment out of knowing you let alone being your friend. No-one will ever please all the people all the time but do you know what, in terms of the 1%, fcuk em!

This forum has a poisonous element but that's representative of a wider society, that is without doubt full of cnuts. Maybe the ratio in here is actually even a little better.

@scaramanga and @markysimmo you should have a long look at yourselves and question whether promoting, facilitating this sort of crap is actually the best use of your life. Having had my fair share of run ins with a few on here (about the tourism virtues of Australia, of all places) and having since stepped away from this forum, by and large, I can tell you there's more important things in life.

You’re missed, pal.

I'm not sure if this thread is now a place to be a tit or to report sightings? I saw a couple of great tits fly past.

Reactions: DTA
Back