• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

Read about it a while ago. Wormtounge was a complete prick to Freund about the Carling Cup final - briefing against him and making Graham drop him. Freund hasn't spoken to him since.

He's been retained because he has other friends/patrons, but very noticably isn't working with Tim Not Nice But Dim on Wednesday.

Why do you post this bull****? You seriously just make things up, funny i was at a charity event last year and they were both there and getting on like they were best pals.

Do you really think George Graham would have listened to one of his players, really? briefed by him hahahaha, you really are a bull**** muncher!

1999 was a bit before the internet really took off, so hard to without spending a day on the microfilm reader at the national archives.

Just say that then.

I would have thought that you'd be looking for more contemporary accounts, though, to support a claim that Sherwood and Freund haven't spoken since 1999.

I don't get this blind faith everyone has in "if we just give him enough time, he'll succeed". Fergie did it - who else? How many managers haven't come in and turned the tide in just a season's time or achieved success relatively immediately? Benitez won the Champions League first season in charge at Liverpool, Mancini gradually improved City over a couple of seasons before winning the title, Chelsea have had a multitude of managers come in and achieve success in a short time. AVB just didn't have a lot going for him, nothing would suggest we'd be a better team come August next year if we had just given the guy time.

I think that you need to back those claims up or make it clear that it is hearsay and rumour

He talks ****, all this Sherwoods a Worm tongue is just ******** from people who are jealous of him, so what he wasn't the most technically gifted player, but he put his heart into it, it wasn't his fault he came to us at the end of his career, i still remember him having some good games for us.

until AVB loses the chip on his shoulder, learns a little humility, and realises that he has much to achieve before he gets the claim and respect he so much craves, his career is going nowhere

oh, and he seriously has to revise his ideas on football.....they stink

We saw the worst of it but we never saw it firing on all cylinders with settled players that were his type and not Harry's.

The fact that in some games we did look really good and play nice football, creating chances, suggests that at the very least he wasn't a Pulis. But because we only saw it at its worst I think people are drawing unfair conclusions about what his preferred style was.

I don't get this blind faith everyone has in "if we just give him enough time, he'll succeed". Fergie did it - who else? How many managers haven't come in and turned the tide in just a season's time or achieved success relatively immediately? Benitez won the Champions League first season in charge at Liverpool, Mancini gradually improved City over a couple of seasons before winning the title, Chelsea have had a multitude of managers come in and achieve success in a short time. AVB just didn't have a lot going for him, nothing would suggest we'd be a better team come August next year if we had just given the guy time.

Look at what Jose has been saying about Benitez this season...making comments that he didn't have to build anything so it was easier for him to chase results and immediate gratification without looking at the long term.

We saw the worst of it but we never saw it firing on all cylinders with settled players that were his type and not Harry's.

The fact that in some games we did look really good and play nice football, creating chances, suggests that at the very least he wasn't a Pulis. But because we only saw it at its worst I think people are drawing unfair conclusions about what his preferred style was.

We saw something cohesive for very very few minutes this season
What we saw most of the time was confused players playing an abject formation that they didn't seem to understand and wasnt that effective combined with avbs stubbornness and inability to adept to affect a game and get a result

We saw something cohesive for very very few minutes this season
What we saw most of the time was confused players playing an abject formation that they didn't seem to understand and wasnt that effective combined with avbs stubbornness and inability to adept to affect a game and get a result

And I think that things like being so switched off at the Etihad and Paulinho's red card suggest the players were not bought in to his philosophy. Honestly, with a CB pairing of Daws and Capoue up against Suarez AVB still tried to play a high line? I love Daws's heart and passion but he is not the fleetest of foot and he and Capoue (a midfielder by trade) had only played one game together in that pairing before, so to do anything other than have them drop back 10 yards and not have to chase Suarez was suicidal.

Bbo_7yhIgAAo1gI.jpg:large

My brother (who has been a Spurs fan for 25 years) is adamant that he will give up on Spurs if Capello is made the new Spurs manager.

Because he had a 3-5 year plan to make the whole club fit to be title contenders.

Have you got anything to back this up, GB? I was under the impression that his role was limited to the first team, hence his job title being head coach rather than manager and Sherwood having control of the youth set up.

The dream team:

[video=youtube;J_hDdSfPWO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_hDdSfPWO8[/video]

Look at what Jose has been saying about Benitez this season...making comments that he didn't have to build anything so it was easier for him to chase results and immediate gratification without looking at the long term.

Bit rich coming from him.

I want Inglethorpe as boss, i have given a bit of stick to Milo over the last couple of years about sherwood but you know what i would not be to upset if we went and give him the job full time.

All these lower league clubs, Brighton and Middlesbrough and Swansea when they were down there going for young Spanish coaches, why not give a young English one. Just wished we had done it in the summer and used the Bale money for the stadium.

You could be onto something there. I have a strong suspicion it was Inglethorpe who was behind the way Liverpool played against us yesterday.

Rogers stated after the game that they already knew how to prepare his team against us, how they would try to to spring our high-line and exploit the space behind, and guess what - it was by adopting exactly the same tactics that Inglethorpe's U21 team had used in thrashing our U21s 5-0 at Anfield back in October!

I watched that game live on Liverpool TV (or whichever channel it was) and posted updates on here as it happened. The similarities between the two 5-0 defeats, the way they pressed us so manic-ly, the way they passed balls between our CBs or lobbed balls beyond our high back line and then frenziedly exploited the wide open spaces between our defence and goalie, it was all so uncanny, even down to the way Flanagan scored in both games.

Inglethorpe was outstanding with our youth teams so it's puzzling why we ever let him go in the first place.

Also Freund was not brought in by AVB. As we did not have a DoF at the time and Sherwood was consulted by Levy on transfer activity, how likely is it that we would bring in someone who hated and was hated by him?

Just following on from this and further evidence against GB's they hate each others' guts claim, Jason Burt says that Freund was brought in by Sherwood in tomorrow's Telegraph

There was also a fractious relationship with Tim Sherwood, Spurs’ technical co-ordinator, and highly regarded by Levy, while it always remained unclear as to how effective an assistant manager Steffen Freund was, and who pushed for him to be hired.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ger-Andre-Villas-Boas-had-become-distant.html

Back