1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Midfield Maestro, 17 Jan 2012.

1. Dicko

Dicko Tim Sherwood

Wilder is saying his walkout costume was too heavy and he had nothing left in his legs!

2. superspurs

superspurs Teemu Tainio

Absolute load of twaddle.

"Fury didn't hurt me at all, but the simple fact is that my uniform was way too heavy for me,"

You got beat up Deontay, simple as that.

3. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Ian Walker

That is one of the funniest excuses. To be fair to him he’s not used to being beaten up!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

4. Dicko

Dicko Tim Sherwood

Does anyone still believe he has a chance in a 3rd fight? Even with his knockout power?
    I mean he caught Fury at the beginning but with the extra weight Fury seem to take it better.
    Imagine if Wilder won a 3rd fight, there would need to be another decider lol

5. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Ian Walker

Wilder absolutely has a chance. But Fury is now the favourite. I’m not sure how Wilder deals with the fast start. Either go defensive and play the long game or try to hit the ground running from the off as Fury did.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

6. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Frederic Kanoute

Wilder will always have a chance as he can bang.

But we already know against 'a slick master craftsman' he is clueless and gets made to look stupid.

Obviously its another big pay day for him and a shot at a world title (that may take a while to come round again if he took another route, or not at all) BUT 50% Fury should have won on points and 400% Fury dismantled him, so really he has (what he has always had) just the lucky shot.

The thing that haunts Wilder is Fury getting up in the 12th round in that first fight.......it's been lights out for everyone up to that point, it was a seed of doubt that questioned the one weapon he has.

Its a a shame as AJ v Fury in the summer would've been epic.

7. ricky2tricky4city

I must also say......that i have been watching some Fury videos and i can't help but like the man. Not just the razzmatazz, fight hype stuff.

He's quite honest and fair in his assessments, down to earth, comfortable in his own skin and of course half crazy. Think he's grown up a lot, and although he has overcome some real issues, think he still is vulnerable to those problems.

AuroRaman, P.D. and NickTB like this.
  8. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

Disappointing to hear Wilder whining like this. Won't win him many fans, nor do him any favours - where's the logic in talking down someone who's just caned you? If Fury's really got nothing, where will the glory be in avenging the loss?

Still, David Haye's probably feeling relieved. The boxing world now finally has a better excuse than his little toe to laugh at.

scaramanga likes this.
  9. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

I had a similar thought when they pre-announced the trilogy agreement, that it was a slightly strange thing to do. It would only really have been warranted had Wilder won a close fight. Seeing as everybody knows Fury won the first one, him winning the second (officially this time) would render a 3rd meeting somewhat meaningless. Or at least, unnecessary.

Yet that's the situation we now face.

10. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Don't think he has many, up until a couple of years ago he was struggling to fill 10k arena's, he has none of the star quality that AJ & Tyson have

11. MKSpur

MKSpur Chris Armstrong

I guess it was an insurance policy for the ego of at least one of the fighters especially as they were both unbeaten - the odds looked very similar and few were predicting a Fury knockout before the fight, so it was not unthinkable that it could have also gone the way of the first fight.
    I wonder if they could offer Wilder first shot at the winner of Fury vs AJ, even with a sweetener given the cash that fight would generate and then he would be fighting for unification himself?

12. scaramanga

scaramanga Tony Galvin Staff Member

He'll be waiting a long time.

Hearn's got at least another 6-8 years of dodging fights before he puts Joshua into the ring with someone decent.

Parklaner81, MKSpur and Legohamster like this.
  13. markysimmo

14. markysimmo

Former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder says he will "rise like a phoenix from the ashes and regain the title" after his defeat by Tyson Fury.

The American was stopped by Britain's Fury in Las Vegas on Saturday.

"Your king is here and I'm not going anywhere, for the war has just begun," he said in a social media video.

"I'm a king that will never give up and will fight to the death. I am a warrior, I am strong and I will be back."

He added: "All my love to all my people, I will see you in a few months."

Wilder was floored twice before his corner threw the towel in during the seventh round at the MGM Grand Arena, ending his five-year reign as WBC champion, but the American said he is in "great spirits".

Last week, in his first statement since the defeat, Wilder blamed his elaborate ring-walk costume for his performance, saying it was too heavy and he "didn't have the legs for the fight" as a result.

Wilder also told US media he will exercise his rematch clause for a third fight against Fury.

The 34-year-old has 30 days after the fight to invoke the clause in his contract and attempt to reclaim the title from Fury, having drawn their first encounter in December 2018

15. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

Dillian Whyte summed it up in a word quite nicely: "Pathetic"

Nobody wants this fight apart from Wilder from the looks of it, not at this stage anyway. When 99.5% know the first fight was Fury's and he obviously obliterated Wilder in the 2nd, what is a third fight going to prove?

It could be to our advantage as it'll mean AJ will take the mandatory at our shiny new home but man it's a shame we won't get a proper blockbuster British heavyweight bout...

Happy to be corrected but is boxing the most frustrating sport to follow? Appreciate football comes to mind but at least there's some kind of regularity with fixtures and who is going to face who so you know where you're at.

16. scaramanga

scaramanga Tony Galvin Staff Member

Might just be rose tints but I don't think it used to be like this.

It doesn't help when the sport has people like Eddie Hearn in it who know nothing about the sport and care even less about it. He will shamelessly keep AJ from anyone half decent until his career is over, unless one of them turns up as a mandatory. That won't happen with Fury though as he doesn't have the patience for the churn.

17. ricky2tricky4city

Fury has said he is 2 or 3 fights then out. That's what he has left with his ESPN deal.

He'll never duck anyone and actually needs his opponent to be decent to get fully engaged in the process.

FWIW I do think AJ would take better fights if he didn't have Hearn sticking his nose in.

scaramanga likes this.
  18. Dicko

Dicko Tim Sherwood

Looks like Fury Wilder 3 is set for July in Vegas. Disappointing but what can you do. Hopefully Fury deals with him again and we can see some more exciting fight this year.
    There's already a few decent heavyweight fights lined up...

April - Dubois/Joyce
    May - Usyk/Chisora and Povetkin/Whyte
    June - AJ/Pulev
    July - Fury/Wilder 3

19. markysimmo

I had read that Warren/Hearn were going to offer Wilder $20m and a shot of the winner of Fury/AJ

20. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

Chisora is going to get absolutely fudged up by Usyk, if it ever happens.

Anyone on here done white collar fights before? Signed up for one in late June, hoping all this virus brick will have blown over by then. Obviously I've picked up my training and cut out all toxins as I had gone through a long spell of taking things waaay too far. Just trying to get as much sparring in as possible with any many different types of fighters. I'm lucky to be able to have picked my fitness back and I'm at the stage where I can go for a few rounds and think tactically rather than just stumbling about gassing after 30 seconds haha

Edit - I should probably add the justgiving page in case any of you absolute legends wanted to help out a bit with the fundraising side of things!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...ngpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=mAzRbNmgk

Last edited: 14 Mar 2020