1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Midfield Maestro, 17 Jan 2012.

1. superspurs

superspurs Teemu Tainio

Just can't see it happening anytime soon with all the politics, AJ has more belts, Fury has a big US following, fight in UK or Vegas, purse splits, DAZN or ESPN, Sky PPV or BT Sport PPV etc etc.

And yeh, probably same story as this fight, Fury will outbox him and Joshua will have to hope to catch him.

2. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steve Carr

3. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

Absolutely serves Joshua (probably more so Hearn) right the way things have played out.

SteveAWOL and Bedfordspurs like this.
  4. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

The Allegiant Arena in Vega, a new 70k stadium being built for the NFL team moving there could be a possibility for Fury/AJ

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

AJ won’t fight him
    Hearn is calling it out but is doing that to make it look like AJ wants it
    AJ will be bricking it after last night

Yermiyahu likes this.
  6. markysimmo

Would be a huge shame if he did bottle it !!
    I've gone from being a huge AJ fan to now being in the Fury camp

Wilder said about the best fighters taking the best fights last night, at least he has fought Fury twice

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

AJ will IMO
    He has a weak chin and doesn’t like to be boxed

8. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Pedro Mendes

I agree but where does Fury go to complete his legacy? Unless AJ loses his belts to someone else it's the only road to undisputed, so in that sense Fury needs AJ. And Fury will be scared of no-one. AJ needs Fury but knows he's likely to lose.

I think Fury has says he's only 18/24 months from hanging his gloves up and I still get the impression from him that he needs to be challenged/or a big reward to really psyche himself up. Random mandatories won't interest him.

9. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Pedro Mendes

Two Brits...gotta be in the UK

and it's gotta be......'the best stadium in the world':D

Yermiyahu likes this.
  10. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

I see Fury give his usual shoutout to MTK Global after the fight.
    They are a crime gang pure and simple. Daniel Kinahan using boxing to launder money.
    Boxing is a mess.

11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

He is only 31
    Though

12. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

On that note, there's been an interesting/cryptic tweet from Klitschko this morning. I've long suspected he might have been waiting for the right circumstances for a second crack at Fury (it would also offer him the chance the break Foreman's record if done right). Granted it wouldn't exactly 'complete Fury's legacy', but it would be an event of comparable magnitude to a Joshua fight. A viable alternative for him to consider, at least.

13. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Jack Jull

I think there's a rematch clause.

Loved the way Fury took control from the off. Wilder is always slow to get going. Fury beat him up before Wilder even got started. Can't remember a first two rounds like that. Fury did the damage early.

Did you see Fury lick Wilder?!

14. Dicko

Dicko Sergei Rebrov

Will be interesting to see if Wilder wants the rematch. I think he has 30 days to request one. Either he'll make some excuses for why he lost and want another crack or if not then we will know for sure that he doesnt want any part of Fury ever again

15. markysimmo

He was alluding to certain things not being right in his initial after fight interview
    I also noticed he was holding his right wrist a lot during the fight

16. Dicko

Dicko Sergei Rebrov

Think he mentioned something about his leg after the fight too, but who knows. Will be interesting to see what's next.

"My side threw in the towel and I'm ready to go out on my shield," Wilder said "I wish my corner would have let me go out on my shield - I'm a warrior.

"I had a lot of things going on coming into the fight. My leg was already wrecked coming in due to other things."

17. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

I'd imagine the level of financial guarantee for the rematch (if any) will play a part - he could find himself with limited other options going forward without his title.

18. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

60/40 evidently

19. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Milija Aleksic

Ended up watching the fight with Spursalot on a good session, all I can say is wow (and Spursalot says he still hates you all).

Very openly, I've only been following boxing properly for about 2 years as a spectator sport and I had watched a few old Fury fights but didn't know he had that in his locker!

Wilder had a look of genuine fear in him from the 4th round on, it's going to take some recovery and a totally different game plan if he wants to beat the top tier fighters. Let's say he fought Ussyk, would it be a similar outcome if Ussyk just went for him to get him on the back foot and on the inside again.

As for Fury, fair play to him and I was happy he has reached this level once again. AJ Mandatory to be dealt with and surely it could be on the cards?

Dubois Joyce should be an interesting watch as well. Want to get to a few more boxing matches but see tickets for the afforementioned at 100 quid plus so might have to hold fire for a bit!

20. NickTB

NickTB Steve Hodge

So it seems Wilder has signed the trilogy contract. surely has to be a final payday for him