• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

My compromise is delay the decision and keep emphasizing the possibility that the season could be void and Liverpool don't win. The entertainment would mitigate the fact of their deservedly winning.

I think July looks likely. Boris’s curve indicates that there should be very few cases by then. It may well be behind closed doors though.

Boris was pushing a rather optimistic line that requires people to comply with the recommendations. A look at our pubs and high streets suggest many are not.

It seems to be a very mixed picture. You see some photos of London streets, stations and landmarks and they are deserted. In some places pubs are crowded. Hopefully the advise will slowly get through to the less responsible.

We are at the point of no return mate, this season is not being finished in the form we are used to. If any does it will be the Premier League only, the referee association has said its now impossible to complete the fixtures needed to see out all leagues at all steps. This will be more than a Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday situation for a few clubs, this will be all leagues and the refs will not be able to manage and they are saying they won't be forced into it either.
You might very well end up being right. I did say plausible, so it's not like I'm claiming that it will happen. With all the uncertainty I see no reason to jump to strong conclusions at this point, in a month or two we'll know a lot more.
Serie A are proposing running the season over two years. Resuming next spring might be the only viable option.
That really would be devastating in football terms. Effectively a full year without competitive games, and then only a fraction of a season left with a lot of things already decided, then another summer.

Could be the only option left at the end though.

I'd say we finish the season as an esport event, with the managers playing fifa. Not sure if I'm confident in Mourinho, but there's also the possibility of Klopp losing all games!

Ermmm I can't see how this is going to be allowed?

Surely footballers are humans too?

Depends on how things are at that point. China are talking about starting their league again in mid-April; that would be coming on for three months after they introduced their containment measures.

At some point, people will need signs that life can begin to return to normal. Hard to predict when that might be though.

Depends on how things are at that point. China are talking about starting their league again in mid-April; that would be coming on for three months after they introduced their containment measures.

At some point, people will need signs that life can begin to return to normal. Hard to predict when that might be though.

Felani testing positive put pay to that.

You can't risk a game of 22 players whilst the virus is still around, its irresponsible to play

with my Anti Dipper glasses off. I am not against them getting the league. They deserve it and they have such a lead.

But all the other things. the CL and relegation. They cannot be concluded with 25% of the league left to go. So the best solution for that is to suspend the outcome of the positions. The mini tournament sounds stupid. Cramming in the games sounds stupid as it could cause false
results.

The league should stop. And restart for next season. Simple as that. Its Harsh. But it makes the most sense. How they decide final positions for the current league etc as its all to do with the money I dont know. But this season needs to now be a write off.
For distribution of money they could take every team's best and worst case finishes and percentage likelihood of each finish and and average out the money according to that (so for example Liverpool get 98% share of winners prize money and 2% share of second place. Emirates Marketing Project get 2% share of first place prize money, 60% share of 2nd, 25% share of 3rd, 8% share of 4th (etc). If there is no PL relegation then the parachute payments that would've gone to the relegated clubs can be allocated to the clubs at the top of and with a chance of a play off place using similar percentage likelihood allocations.

Felani testing positive put pay to that.

You can't risk a game of 22 players whilst the virus is still around, its irresponsible to play

If no one plays football while ‘the virus is still around’ then there won’t be any football again. Ever. This virus won’t disappear.

Back