• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 2013 GG Awards ***

- Post of the Year
It was good to read some posts in the Thank you AVB thread.

- Thread of the Year
Northumberland development Project
random Spurs related pictures that make me feel nice
Sandro - Beast

- Best OMT
Cup game against WestHam. Based on the OT's effort. The OMT Gods were not really pleased, but offering penguins them made that OMT the best one.

- Best SNVer
DubaiSpur, braineclipse, Mumorn

- Best Randomite
Hootnow - for his political views and outstanding posts

- Best Vice Den Contributor (Biggest Perv)
Marky

- Favorite Poster
Hootnow

- Favorite Mod
Jordinho, Diego

- The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer
Nigeyman

- The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster
Arcspace

- Would Most Like to Buy a Pint
Hootnow, Jordinho, Diego

- Most Likely to Have a Gareth Bale Poster on Their Wall
onlyme

- The Joe Lewis' Yacht Award - Best Avatar

- The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo
Luda2013

- The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution
jaysea67

- The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero
DubaiSpur

Out of competition:
- The best line-ups:
Diego - I can't remember when was the last time I couldn't agree with his line-up in an OMT.

Last edited:
- Post of the Year: NWND AVB

- Thread of the Year: AVB mega thread

- Best OMT: Emirates Marketing Project away

- Best SNVer: Pirate55, Modric THFC

- Best Randomite:

- Best Vice Den Contributor (Biggest Perv):

- Favorite Poster: Huddy, KingDawson

- Favorite Mod: Diego, Jordinho, Steff or anyone that doesn't ban me

- The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer:

- The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster: Arcspace

- The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK: Steff

- Would Most Like to Buy a Pint: DHSF

- Most Likely to Have a Gareth Bale Poster on Their Wall:

- The Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas Award for Most Utilitarian Insights Into the Strategically Calculated Interactions in the Deployment Zone - We All Talk the Talk, But Who Could Actually Walk the Walk?

- The Franco Baldini Award - Whose Talent Spotting Skills Should be Put to Better Use? Mumorn

- The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager: DHSF

- The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo: Braineclipse

- The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution: Jurgen the German

- The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero: Paxtonwolf for the hardcore round trips!

Last edited:
The original deadline for the 2013 vote was 31 December, which FIFA and France Football the OMT gods and GG Admins decided to extend by three weeks to 21 January on account of an insufficient number of votes having been received.

I'll just nominate DHSF, THFCSteff and Dayo for all the good Awards.

Best mod - Jordinho

Most missed - Swellsy

The rest, I'll leave void.

The original deadline for the 2013 vote was 31 December, which FIFA and France Football the OMT gods and GG Admins I decided to extend by three weeks to 21 January on account of an insufficient number of votes having been received me forgetting to do it.

Fixed

- Post of the Year
Boonie's response to Ginola³'s post in Random about going to see someone awful and chucking his beer over two fat birds.

- Thread of the Year
Not this one. The Spurs pictures one.

- Best OMT
I'll go with the Emirates Marketing Project gallows humour.

- Best SNVer
Braineclipse talks measured sense most of the time.

- Best Randomite
DHSF, Boonie, Hoot.

Fast Fingers Fred.

- Favorite Poster
For now, GB, I'm enjoying his railing against the dying of the light, he'll be less fun when LVG takes over.

- Favorite Mod
Shot or poisoned? Is Billyiddo a mod? I'll go with him for his abortive got no mates online gamers help group and coffee morning thread.

Nige. Writer of imagined team talks that I didn't read.

Mick for the jokes. Arcy for being able to get into an argument with himself. EdgeyTheYid - what happened to him? Video games thread has died on its ****.

- The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK
Steff.

Err, beer's pretty expensive you know. I'd maybe buy DHSF half a shandy, because he seems to be able to take a joke. And Rock, cos he's a bit odd in a good Norse way.

There's someone who always bemoans us selling our best players and not replacing them properly. I forget your name though sorry. If it's you, this is your vote, congrats.

- The Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas Award for Most Utilitarian Insights Into the Strategically Calculated Interactions in the Deployment Zone - We All Talk the Talk, But Who Could Actually Walk the Walk?
No one. A week and we'd all just be another notch on Levy's belt.

- The Franco Baldini Award - Whose Talent Spotting Skills Should be Put to Better Use?
Mumorn. Clearly watches too much football.

- The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager
As he was sacked since voting began, GB and Andre.

Auro's Dayo special. Although not the Walnut/Goon version of it that he still hasn't given up.

Good job you can't vote for yourself... I'm far too nice to suggest anyone. Actually, **** it, Jordinho for making too many bloody awards, taking ages this is.

n/a, I rate you all equally lowly. The Sister Sister of the internet (see Random). Actually, give it Scara for his behind the scenes work keeping the forum (the hamster that powers the server) alive for another year.

- The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero
Ginola³, a rolling award for posting those pictures of his 21st.

- Thread of the Year: Gareth Bale....all the emotions and laughs

- Best OMT: Man Utd away - Dubai's gifs at the end

- Best SNVer: Dubai Spur, THC Steff

- Best Randomite: Ginola.GloryGleze

- Best Vice Den Contributor (Biggest Perv):erm Marky

- Favorite Poster: really difficult this one. I love KD's one liners....Affy I never know what im gonna get, Steff for his sense and positivity,Mumorn is brill.....but I will go for Dubai Spur.....he writes stuff that moves me and I love his passion.....he puts stuff down that I 100% believe in but dont have the eloquence to say.

- Favorite Mod: Diego, Jordinho, Steff and Milo....all lovely

- The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer: fast fingered freddy

- The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster: Arcspace

- The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK: Steff

- Would Most Like to Buy a Pint: Dubai

- Most Likely to Have a Gareth Bale Poster on Their Wall: All of us!

- The Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas Award for Most Utilitarian Insights Into the Strategically Calculated Interactions in the Deployment Zone - We All Talk the Talk, But Who Could Actually Walk the Walk? Gutterboy for sure

- The Franco Baldini Award - Whose Talent Spotting Skills Should be Put to Better Use? Mumorn

- The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager: DHSF

- The Joe Lewis' Yacht Award - Best Avatar - Auro Raman although I do like the pink hippo too

- The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo: dunno me at times I guess

- The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution: Jurgen the German

- The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero: Dubaispur for me

(note: I am referring to everyone as ‘he’ simply because I have no idea what gender you are, and I subscribe to the idea that on the internet, it shouldn’t really matter :) )

- Post of the Year: I echo Seedy Ron, Boonie's 'idiot in the crowd' post was utterly magnificent.

- Thread of the Year: Gareth Bale. Joy, love, defiance, worry, anger, bewilderment, fury, rage, despair, black humor, depression, and finally acceptance. A rollercoaster ride from start to finish.

- Best OMT: United away. Broke the bloody curse once and for all.

- Best SNVer:
1) Brain of Levy, for his extremely detailed, eloquent, well-argued posts: a pleasure to read and try to argue against.
2) braineclipse, for the forcefulness with which he argues the points he finds key and the frequency with which he puts forward well-written, informative posts.
3) Mumorn, for the volume of posts he’s accumulated and his occasional dry witticisms.

- Best Randomite:
1)Hootnow. I usually agree completely with what he says, be it on politics or on other matters, and he usually says his piece clearly, sharply and eloquently.
2) Richie. Unlike with Hootnow, I don’t often agree with Richie, but boy does he have both the knowledge and ability to succinctly destroy any arguments I may bring forward and make me realise the futility of my ranting and raving.
:)

- Best Vice Den Contributor (Biggest Perv): Markysimmo. :p

- Favorite Poster:
1) Thfcsteff: I never, ever tire of his positivity, even when every part of me revolts against it and I feel like cursing and screaming at him to shut the hell up and let us all stew in our black moods after another defeat or another sale of another star player. He kept the mood up when it was often much easier to just lapse into cynicism and doubt, and for that he deserves recognition.
2) Nigeyman: Dunno why, but whenever I’m reading his posts I’m reminded of how I used to be when I was younger: bubbly, raring to go, full of energy, positivity and hope for a bright, Spurs-y future. He cheers me up when I’m down more often than not, and like steff, his positivity and energy is often vitally needed on these forums. Hats off to you, Nige. Don’t ever change. :)
3) Japanesegardenlover: Carry on, you utterly crazy bastard.
:D

- Favorite Mod:
1) Steff – see above.
2) Scara – for having the courage to stick to his views in the face of adversity, and put forward arguments supporting them in a coherent, rational manner. Plus the avatar.
3) Jordinho – used to have a Superjail avatar, which makes him fine by me. :)

- The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer:
Nigeyman – see above.

- The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster: JellySpur

- The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK:
That ‘Matilda Collywobs’ person who posted in the stadium thread a while back. Made one post so filled with official-sounding ‘club-speak’ type jabber that it is impossible it could have come from anywhere other than the club itself. Apart from that person, Steff.

- Would Most Like to Buy a Pint: Nigeyman, Steff, Richie

- Most Likely to Have a Gareth Bale Poster on Their Wall: AVB, bless his unemployed soul.

1) BrainOfLevy – the obvious choice.
2) Gutter Boy – I think he’s actually AVB.
3) SUHIYA – I suspect more from the Redknapp walk of management, but could do a job nonetheless.

- The Franco Baldini Award - Whose Talent Spotting Skills Should be Put to Better Use?
Mumorn or Rossi22. Mumorn because of the amount of football he apparently watches, and Rossi because his boy finally came good.

- The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager:
Gutter Boy, without a f**king doubt.

- The Joe Lewis' Yacht Award - Best Avatar – I’ll echo everyone else and say Auro with his..erm… plentiful spheres. :)

- The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo: Erm….I’ll go for japanesegardenlover again.

- The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution:
1)THFC6061. A pillar of this forum: his work on the yoof thread is phenomenal, his pre-match info is always interesting to go through, and his trivia questions are rarely unengaging.
2) Greg – we need more opposition fans here at times. Livens the place up.
3)SWP29 – See above, and to his credit I don’t think I’ve seen him react unduly aggressively despite the sly ‘oil money’ digs we’ve been throwing around all year (and indeed, since 2008).

- The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero:
1)BrainOfLevy. For his long, supremely detailed, extremely informative arguments, his refusal to engage in puerile name-calling, and his dedication to reasoned, give-and-take debate, BrainOfLevy narrowly edges out everyone else for me. Well done mate.
2) Steff: this forum would be a grimmer place without you. Your recreation of AVB’s gimp-suited antics post-sacking still cracks me up. :D
3) Nigeyman – keep on your merry way, mate. Thanks for the positivity and laughs. :)

- Post of the Year
No one single standut post that I've seen
- Thread of the Year
Bale thread
- Best OMT
The one we beat Arsenal with
- Best SNVer
Dubai Spur, often find myself agreeing with his views
- Best Randomite
Same as above and reasons above
I use ****hub rather than vice den - sorry!
- Favorite Poster
Dubai Spur and Statto
- Favorite Mod
I can't remember who the mods are, I'll go for Milo because I think he's one
No idea
Again no idea
- The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK
No one, it's all ******** and reading what the papers say
Dubai Spur
Villas Boas
Can't say
Can't say again
- The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager
Gutter Boy
None stand out to be honest
That Arsenal fan who's always posting on here pretending to be a Spurs fan, think his names Ludo or something like that
Not sure
Anyone who's provided funding

Last edited:
- Best SNVer - Braineclipse

- Best Randomite - Dayo

- Best Vice Den Contributor (Biggest Perv) - sadly we are rather lacking in this department, someone needs to step up to the plate this year
- Favorite Mod - we're all great tbf

- The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer - how long has Nigeyman been here?

- The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster - Skyfarer - whatever happened to her?

- The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK - Mr 100%, Mumron

- Would Most Like to Buy a Pint - Hootnow

- Most Likely to Have a Gareth Bale Poster on Their Wall - DHSF

- The Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas Award for Most Utilitarian Insights Into the Strategically Calculated Interactions in the Deployment Zone - We All Talk the Talk, But Who Could Actually Walk the Walk? Brain of Levy

- The Franco Baldini Award - Whose Talent Spotting Skills Should be Put to Better Use? KingDawson (or Gutterboy - as a scout for Arsenal)

- The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager Gutter Boy, AfricanSpurs

- The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo - whichever username Moonlit Knight is posting under nowadays

- The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution - Jordhnio - compiles a lot of stats which often seems to go unthanked, good work

- The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero - Scara : our fearless leader

Post of the Year

braineclipse on Russian homophobia (Patience in the face of extreme adversity. Systematically dismantling an argument point by point.)

Thread of the Year

Northumberland Development Project

Best OMT

Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal

Best SNVer

braineclipse

Best Randomite

Hootnow

Favorite Mod

They're all marvellous

The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer

Nigeyman

The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster

Skyfarer

The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK

thfcsteff

Would Most Like to Buy a Pint

(Nearly) all of you

The Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas Award for Most Utilitarian Insights Into the Strategically Calculated Interactions in the Deployment Zone - We All Talk the Talk, But Who Could Actually Walk the Walk?

DubaiSpur

The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager

Gutter Boy

The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo

The Moonlit Knight

The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution

SteveAWOL

The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero

scaramanga

Post of the Year

Very tough to call…Dubai and Billy post much that I agree with…but i think I'm going to go for a very recent one from Superhudd in the Adbeyaor thread. It made me react, then it made me think…and it really opens up a whole series of thoughts about where football is going. Very heartfelt and very earnest.

Thread of the Year

So many…I think I will say the Bale thread, simply for the heartbreak we all collectively felt and expressed differently.

Best OMT

Spurs 2 Goons 1…no negativity!

Best SNVer

Very very tough…I like Brain Of Levy, Dubai, Jordy, Papercut, Billy, Hoot, gloryglory, I like DHSF, I've enjoyed some great exchanges with Jurgen and Pirate, Stinkfoot, Paxton's always solid, so many on here I like…very tough. I will say Brain of Levy

Best Randomite

Marky used to put up some corkers…I have to go with Marky.

Favorite Mod

In all seriousness, I think it's a great blend of people with differing approaches who all come together and make decisions together with one aim in mind; to keep this a great, and friendly, place to be. It's not nearly as easy as people think.

The 2nd Annual Steven Caulker Andros Townsend Award - Best Newcomer

Nigeyman - a fine character!

The 2nd Annual We8Campbell Memorial Award - Most Missed Poster

Leedsspur…I always felt he was misunderstood. And Mick Cooper when he was being mellow(er) Mick and also keeping the joke thread rolling with some class a material!

The Badger - Most Likely to be ITK

Bedfordspurs

Would Most Like to Buy a Pint

Everyone. One day wouldn't it be great to have a one-off pre-match meeting of as many people here as possible?

The Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas Award for Most Utilitarian Insights Into the Strategically Calculated Interactions in the Deployment Zone - We All Talk the Talk, But Who Could Actually Walk the Walk?

Brain of Levy

The Glenn Hoddle Award - Most Likely to be Pining for an ex-Manager

Pass.

The 2nd Annual Frimpong Award - Biggest Bozo

The Moonlit Knight for repeated, Closeauian attempts to get back here in disguise!

The 2nd Annual Aaron Lennon Award - Most Underrated Contribution

Milo

The 2nd Annual Paul Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence (Highest Achievement Possible) - Board Hero

Scara…the man makes this possible, and despite repeated attempts to get him to set up a donation button, he refuses yet still keeps this entire place going. I know one thing; we call this the Stalteri Award of Overall Excellence…Scara would NEVER have let Adebayor get past him during that final derby at Scumbury, instead heroically, he would've taken his legs, taken the card, we'd have won 1-0, we'd have gone to the Champions League, I wouldn't have cried…(STOP HIM! SHUT HIM UP -ed)

Back