• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, designs, develops, manufactures and distributes cars, buses, commercial vehicles and rail stock.

The Arsenal-BYD partnership was announced to great fanfare in April this year... BYD said last week that a woman posing as the marketing manager of its Shanghai branch had signed multiple contracts with advertising agencies to promote the company.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44857362

Talk about false advertising.... their lawyers and accountants were sleeping... LOL

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No worries. They still have a great sponsorship deal with "Visit Rwanda", a country best know for...... Ehhh..... Genocide.

A very brave statement to make. Good for him.
Yeah. Fair play... It's well written. Only way it could've been better is if he had at least had a couple decent games inthe WC

I havent really been following this case, but i can't really understand where the (general) love for ozil's stance is coming from?

He's taken a photo with a leader who quite clearly has massively conflicting social/political views with the west, suggesting that he supports his leadership/dicatorship. comparisons with taking a photo with an oppressive leader such as hitler dont seem too bad an analogy imo. but like i said, i havent followed this too closely. would be great if someone can explain why ozil is getting the level of support he seemingly is (looking at the twitter responses).

Big game bottler. Has there ever been a more pathetic looking footballer. His eyes are trying to escape his head and he has the posture of an 80 year woman.

Fair play to him. I don't think as some have mentioned that the root of his decision comes from taking a pic with Erdogan (although that seems to be how it started and escalated), it's the abuse that stems from his heritage and double-standard. On a much smaller magnitude an element he mentions reminds me of Andy Murray, when he wins he's a British hero, when he loses he's a dour Scot.

Fair play to him. I don't think as some have mentioned that the root of his decision comes from taking a pic with Erdogan (although that seems to be how it started and escalated), it's the abuse that stems from his heritage and double-standard. On a much smaller magnitude an element he mentions reminds me of Andy Murray, when he wins he's a British hero, when he loses he's a dour Scot.

no-one can condone the racist abuse that he is receiving.

but imo ozil is conflating that with the criticism that he is getting for the apparent support of erdogan (justified), and also his style of football (i guess everyone has their own views on this one).

although im sure that parts of the german fanbase would have racially abused him regardless, had ozil come out an immediately answered for the photo op with erdogan, things would not have escalated to this. that photo was quite frankly unacceptable for many in germany and im not surprised that hes lost of a lot of support and respect from many germans.

it now looks like hes trying to brush over the photo op with erdogan by conflating it with the issue of racism.

Uli Hoeness attacks Mesut Ozil claiming Germany will not miss him: 'He has been s--- for years'

When asked about the controversy, Hoeness claimed Özil would not be missed by the German national side and questioned his commitment and professionalism.

"I am glad that this scare is now over. He had been playing s--- for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s----- performance hide beyond this picture.

"Whenever (Bayern) played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

"The development in our country is a catastrophe. You have to go back to what it is: sport. And from a sporting point of view, Özil has no place in the national team for years."

The playmaker played every game of Germany's World Cup win in 2014, and has recorded 40 assists and 23 goals in his 92 senior international appearances.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Ozil as he has a point.

Also, Salah had a photo with Kadyrov.... surely that is much worse and he has a free hit?

I havent really been following this case, but i can't really understand where the (general) love for ozil's stance is coming from?

He's taken a photo with a leader who quite clearly has massively conflicting social/political views with the west, suggesting that he supports his leadership/dicatorship. comparisons with taking a photo with an oppressive leader such as hitler dont seem too bad an analogy imo. but like i said, i havent followed this too closely. would be great if someone can explain why ozil is getting the level of support he seemingly is (looking at the twitter responses).

I'm no fan of Erdogan (or Ozel for that matter) but comparing him in any way shape or form to Hitler is just plain ignorant. Blair or Bush are at least partially responsible for X amount dead and are a big part of the reason the world is in the mess it is in today. Yet no one would say much if a footballer took a picture with them.

Back