• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

i'm happy for their win at fulham today. i want them all pumped up and over the moon when we meet. and hopefully over-confident and without any new signings :)
i want them to feel the full force of our new team win or lose. happy for a draw if it just sucks the wind permanently out of their sails.

This, let them win today and mid week, let Wenger continue to believe he has the squad, let the Window close and we spank them.

We can laugh at their fans though, can't we?

We'll domiante Spurs next weekend. Just have to make sure not to pick up injuries, and rest key players.

Granted they did win both games but the way they look right now, we could add just Cabaye and we'd clinch the fourth spot.

Spurs look like ****. We will destroy them next weekend. They lack creativity and spark and without Bale they have no one to bail them out time and time again.

Can't say I've watched Spurs at all, but from the sounds of it they are reliant on Paulinho, Dembele and Capoue to use their physicality to win the midfield, whilst relying on Townsend and Chadli for creativity.

All I saw on BBC Sport today was Paulinho taking 100 shots and not a single one on target, all power and no technique.

Not heard anything about Soldado other than he's quite the penalty expert and has good positioning inside the box.

Looking at the bench..

24 Friedel
04 Kaboul
16 Naughton
22 Sigurdsson
28 Carroll
30 Sandro
18 Defoe

I'm sorry but even compared to ours that's p*ss poor. Where is the creativity??? Even Defoe is a terrible option off the bench, while Sigurdsson might snatch a goal every now and again.

At the moment that squad is good for 5th/6th, but with the purchase of Hulk or Lamela, they could really have a good team - really depends on just somebody with some vision and passing ability coming into that side.

I think the strongest aspect of their team is the defence, apart from Rose, it's a really solid core and they will win a lot of games through that back 5.

AVB has gone overboard with this physicality thing. i mean, Bale is incredible physically, and he has decent technique to go with it. he's just added more monsters with even worse technique!! at least bale knows how to control and pass a ball, let alone release a rocket every so often

i liked harry's more mixed blueprint better, at least it was entertaining and NLDs were high octane. now i'm just fearing a rugby match while the monkey pops out of nowhere to give them a goal totally against run of play.

/rant getting my rage in early

Honestly think Spurs will struggle this season. So many people, including me were going overboard with the business they've done. Their attack carries too many passengers, their good is great if you've got an efficient attack in front of them but relying on them for creativity is horrible. Thankfully the Willian deal was hijacked. They could've used a bit of his supposed creativity. And Soldado looked meh. Relies too much on service for someone that was signed for 25m.

If we manage to bring in Cabaye and Di Maria, there will be clear distance between the two of us.

Some of those comments are brilliant, you have to love them dont you....

Yeah there a bunch of ****ers.

But the might be some truth in the creativity thing, will need to wait a few months into the season to see if that is true. In the first 2 games so far our striker has not been given many clear cut chances.

Not really worried about the NLD...doubtless I will get giddy as time gets closer.

I just feel a defeat for us would be hard to take as always in a nld.....however a defeat for them coupled with transfer activity could see their fans go into meltdown.

Who knows if the above comments from arsemania are justified. Some of them seem as arrogant as always but the intelligent ones see us as a threat.

They seem to echo the views on here really, that we're solid if unspectacular and we need some attacking options in there - if not bale then we have to bring someone in. The main difference is their willingness to wrote off players they've only seen on motd, which is pretty standard on football forums!

Yeah there a bunch of ****ers.

But the might be some truth in the creativity thing, will need to wait a few months into the season to see if that is true. In the first 2 games so far our striker has not been given many clear cut chances.

True, but I'd wait until we have managed to purchase at least one of the very expensive creative attacking players that we appear to be interested in before buying into their analysis of our style and apparent weaknesses.

What else would you expect from them gayboys? We could be 15 points clear of them and top of the table and they still wouldn't rate any of our players. I think most of them still believe it's the early/mid noughties when they were 30 points better than us every season.

They main striker only mustered 11 league goals in a team that creates plenty of chances, Walcott whilst being vastly improved still flatters to deceive. And then you have the most overrated player ever... Jack Wheelchair. Already been compared to Gazza, who used to dribble past people for fun AND SCORE GOALS. Amusing how they always slated Modric for never scoring.

Last edited:
What else would you expect from them gayboys? We could be 15 points clear of them and top of the table and they still wouldn't rate any of our players. I think most of them still believe it's the early/mid noughties when they were 30 points better than us every season.

They main striker only mustered 11 league goals in a team that creates plenty of chances, Walcott whilst being vastly improved still flatters to deceive. And then you have the most overrated player ever... Jack Wheelchair. Already been compared to Gazza, who used to dribble past people for fun AND SCORE GOALS. Amusing how they always slated Modric for never scoring.

I'll be honest with you.

I'd still be worried. ;)

I think our subs in this game are going to be vital...timing of AND quality...being able to bring, say, Sandro on in the 70th min could be great...ditto Townsend OR Lennon (Townsend is currently more equipped to impact off the bench for me)...one of these days JD has to make a sub appearance count again...and Kaboul on the bench too, a great asset if a defender is tiring...

likening Wheelchair to gazza

:ross:

Career ruined by injury is the only similarity. Except Gazza's was all about a single injury in the FA Cup Final where as Wheelchair is always injured/bottling out of games. Not got the substance to make it, part timer that makes Ray Parlour look like Maradona.

I just hope we have a full team squad to choose from the amount of games in the past 5 years where weve lost key players for this game where they have had a full squad

Not really worried about the NLD...doubtless I will get giddy as time gets closer.

I just feel a defeat for us would be hard to take as always in a nld.....however a defeat for them coupled with transfer activity could see their fans go into meltdown.

Who knows if the above comments from arsemania are justified. Some of them seem as arrogant as always but the intelligent ones see us as a threat.

Yes, I really like this feeling. We can pretty much go into this match with zero nerves. We lose, no big deal, we almost always lose at the scum, we'll get them when they come to the lane. If we win though, the hilarity will be too much, arsemania will provide many laughs thats for sure.

Agree with you, Amor. Its a good time to play this match because it has less significance. We've had a good start to the season, a loss wouldnt be the end of the world. I can't see us conceding five again with this midfield anyway!

Back