1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

The Fight to Finish As High in the League as Possible 2020/21

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by 90291Spur, 14 Aug 2020.

1. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Wilson Palacios

They have to have the words ‘Tottenham’ and ‘Hotspur’ in their name

MKSpur, spasm, Robbo and 1 other person like this.
  2. jaysea67

jaysea67 Terry Yorath

Both the CL & EL would have to be won by English clubs that finished outside the PL top 4.

AdamB likes this.
  3. johnola

johnola Terry Fenwick

Uh oh.

4. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

Thanks

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

5. Robbo

Robbo Pedro Mendes

That’s great news for Liverpool and Arse. They just need to make sure we finish fourth and they finish below us, and that’s European glory guaranteed for both of them.

MKSpur, johnola and Kandi1977 like this.
  6. spursfan1976

spursfan1976 Hossam Ghaly

So to miss out on europe Europe we need to finish 8th and lose caribo cup final. (1-4 c/l, 5 el, 6th el unless Southampton win the fa cup, otherwise ecl if Emirates Marketing Project win caribo cup, 7th ecl if Emirates Marketing Project win caribo cup and top 4 side wins fa cup)

Think that's right! (tho not sure if Ar5ena1 or man u winning Europa changes anything)

7. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

I'm not sure winning the Carabao will count as qualifying for Europe for a bunch of us given that you dont even get into the EL - you get into their new fangled Europa Conference thing, which is Intertoto like in quality. The major leagues only have 1 team in it, and then its things like the 4th placed team in Belgium, Russia etc and then worse teams beyond that.

If we do end up in that competition, we really cant fielded any players who would plan in the PL games before/after. Use it for match fitness for squad players and experience for youngsters

Baleforce likes this.
  8. billyiddo

billyiddo Terry Dyson Staff Member

What happens with the runners up of the League Cup? Do they get the qualifying spot for the new competition or does that go to the league

1-4 CL
    5 EL
    6 EL
    7 EL (if FA Cup is 2 x CL teams?)
    8 New European tournament?

That all then shifts down one if an English side wins either the EL or CL?

9. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Perry

Only 2 places in the Euro also rans trophy mate and 1 place in the new Euro Never were's trophy.

League positions 5 and FA Cup winners (or 6th if FA Cup winners have already qualified for CL or Europa) in the Europa
    League Cup winners or 6th/7th (depending on Cup winners) for the new inter to-to equivalent.

At present I've got us down for an 8th place finish.... Though I think its looking increasingly likely that we'll finish one place below the worst Arsenal team since the mid eighties in 9th place.

MKSpur likes this.
  10. Whiffler

Whiffler Dean Austin

11. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

Maybe our Ryan proves to be the special one and we win final 7 games of this season...

Screenshot_20210420-003744_Excel.jpg

12. billyiddo

billyiddo Terry Dyson Staff Member

I was looking at our fixtures the other day and thinking 3-5 points max - no chance of going anywhere. Now for some reason I'm looking at them thinking we can get all 18!

AdamB and Robbo like this.
  13. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

I'm exactly the same! I'm now looking forward to our upcoming games, starting on Wed.

4 of the next 5 PL games at home, and very winnable. We need some favours from others - West Ham and Liverpool have friendly run-ins and Leicester have points on the baord plus some winnable home games (apart from the last one!).

Would be nice to finish top 6, particularly given we're one of the 6 ESL teams and also to hopefully get back in EUrope. The EL isn't great, but its better than nothing (The Europa Conference is nothing)

14. Robbo

Robbo Pedro Mendes

I fully expect us to slip up still, but apart from Leicester those games really are all winable.

Six wins and 18 points would leave us at 68 points total. We could sneak top four if:
    - Leicester lose one more game (Manure away)
    - West Ham lose two more games (Chelski home and Everton home?)
    - Liverpool lose one more game (Manure away)
    - Leicester and Liverpool don't better our goal difference

Or if:
    - Chelski lose two more games (West Ham and City away) and draw one (Leicester home)
    - Leicester lose one more game (Manure away) and draw one (Chelski away)
    - Liverpool lose one more game (Manure away)
    - Chelski and Liverpool don't better our goal difference

Yes, I know, it's the hope that kills you and all that (and does it really matter anyways now the super league is happening?), but stranger things have happened. :D

Personally I think Chelski and Leicester will struggle with their run ins, and that Liverpool and West Ham are most likely to join the Manchesters in the top four. But in this crazy season, anything is possible.

15. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

As improbable as 6 wins from 6 games is, it would probably get us top 4 and we do have the chance over the next 4 games to build some momentum. I kind of feel like our biggest risk is simply not having Harry available tomorrow

Leicester in the final game is obviously a horrible way to finish, though looking at their next 4 games, they might be over the line by the time we get to that point

Would be happy with finishing 5th though, preferably above West Ham and chelsea

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  16. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

Perfick! Two points dropped for Chelsea! The night after Liverpool drop points too!

Robbo and djp82 like this.
  17. djp82

djp82 Andy Sinton

Nailed on points dropped tomorrow evening then .

MKSpur and Robbo like this.
  18. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

I dont see Chelsea getting more than 11 poitns from their last 6 games at most. Takes them to 66 max. So 5 wins and draw for us gets us level with them

19. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Christian Ziege

What's all this 6 wins from 6 games nonsense?!!! Calm yourselves down! We've got an inexperienced coach with an unbalanced squad FFS.

Bullet, harr1984, MKSpur and 2 others like this.
  20. Baleforce

Baleforce Jack L. Jones

If we get 6 points Mason has performed a miracle imo.

harr1984 and MKSpur like this.