• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Can't believe that there isn't one of these threads already. Surely the most critical position we need to purchase in this window. Every other position has cover. Centre forward doesn't.

So linked with
vlahovic
De ketelaere
Scamacca

Other possibles to look at
Schick
Alvarez
Adeyemi (left field choice but dortmund are looking at him as a possible replacement for haaland).

Anyone else?

The assumption was that Vlahovic is the big transfer target that Conte wants so there hasn't been too much about other options. Until recent rumours of De Ketelaere.

Can't believe that there isn't one of these threads already. Surely the most critical position we need to purchase in this window. Every other position has cover. Centre forward doesn't.
There is definitely one of these threads already.... It usually gets recycled every transfer window! ;)

Only reasonably credible link we've seen so far is Vlahovic and I don't think we have the money to get him.

I think therefore we may need to loan a player from a team in (e.g.) Spain who have a spare striker and are struggling to hit their wage cap.

There is definitely one of these threads already.... It usually gets recycled every transfer window! ;)

Only reasonably credible link we've seen so far is Vlahovic and I don't think we have the money to get him.

I think therefore we may need to loan a player from a team in (e.g.) Spain who have a spare striker and are struggling to hit their wage cap.

Barca are the only ones really struggling with their spending cap. They're still trying to regster torres and fatti is currently injured so no joy there. Unless we want luuk de jong.

Brereton Diaz fits the bill perfectly and is HG. Quite Kane-like, but more powerful too. Would be less than half the price of Fat Daz due to his short contract

The SC ITKs are saying we want Vlahovic/De Ketelaere, but Vlahovic is unlikely this window.

The SC ITKs are saying we want Vlahovic/De Ketelaere, but Vlahovic is unlikely this window.

Looks very skinny and extremely green. A Belgian Dane Scarlett maybe but is he ready for the Prem and to provide a credible alternative option to Kane?

I think not and suspect this is levy, paratici and conte being forced onto page 2 of their striker targets thanks to our clam owner.

Looks very skinny and extremely green. A Belgian Dane Scarlett maybe but is he ready for the Prem and to provide a credible alternative option to Kane?

I think not and suspect this is levy, paratici and conte being forced onto page 2 of their striker targets thanks to our clam owner.
And no they want €40m for him
Crazy to think we let Leicester get Daka for £20M odd Ununcontested

I disagree with you here.... I think De Ketelaere is probably already equipped for PL football. I think he would take a year to get properly up to speed but wouldn't look like a fish out of water during that period (like Eriksen when he first came from Ajax). However in a year or so's time I think he could explode like Kane did and has the potential to become a truly great footballer. This Jan might be the very last chance we'd ever get to sign him. I actually expect Emirates Marketing Project to get involved in this seeing as he is a potential CF but one who can also play as an attacking midfielder.

In many ways I think this guy would be perfect for us in terms of covering CF but also easily being able to play with Kane as well as instead of him.

I disagree with you here.... I think De Ketelaere is probably already equipped for PL football. I think he would take a year to get properly up to speed but wouldn't look like a fish out of water during that period (like Eriksen when he first came from Ajax). However in a year or so's time I think he could explode like Kane did and has the potential to become a truly great footballer. This Jan might be the very last chance we'd ever get to sign him. I actually expect Emirates Marketing Project to get involved in this seeing as he is a potential CF but one who can also play as an attacking midfielder.

In many ways I think this guy would be perfect for us in terms of covering CF but also easily being able to play with Kane as well as instead of him.
I’d for for Brereton over him TBH
Would cost less and an easy sell on if it doenst work in the prem

I’d for for Brereton over him TBH
Would cost less and an easy sell on if it doenst work in the prem
You said yourself above that Blackburn want £40m for Brereton.

I think Brereton would be a decent option as backup on a free this summer (though it would actually be a tribuneral fee seeing as he is under 24).

I think his ceiling is far lower than De Ketelaere's however (and De Ketelaere has the advantage of being effective across AM and the whole front line)

You said yourself above that Blackburn want £40m for Brereton.

I think Brereton would be a decent option as backup on a free this summer (though it would actually be a tribuneral fee seeing as he is under 24).

I think his ceiling is far lower than De Ketelaere's however (and De Ketelaere has the advantage of being effective across AM and the whole front line)
?
I said they want €40m for the Belgian lad

can’t be a tribunal can it if they didn’t develop him?

I can see him signing for the goons in the summer. Sadly I think they will get CL and are so desperate for a striker to replace their current two (who are both off) that they will gladly pay that.

That’s good to hear so we better hurry up and buy him then. Or it will be back to the willian jose’s of this world.

I can see him signing for the goons in the summer. Sadly I think they will get CL and are so desperate for a striker to replace their current two (who are both off) that they will gladly pay that.

That’s good to hear so we better hurry up and buy him then. Or it will be back to the willian jose’s of this world.

Where's the closing rant about the owners @AjaxDeSuperYids ?!?!?

A bit of an odd thing to say, but his physique puts me off. He looks a bit too gangly and awkward. Maybe I'm just too traumatised from the years of watching Crouch and Pav try to replace Berbatov

Are we sure it's him? Someone may have hacked his account?

Uncle Joe has paid me off. I’m on his yacht now sharing birds galore with Daniel and drinking the very best from Joseph’s pristine wine collection.

Daniel has a cunning plan to beat Joe to death (in a very similar way to Davy Kleinfeld in carlitos way he tells me) and then we run off with the money and get busy in the window.

Vlahovic deal and several others now on stand by.

Uncle Joe has paid me off. I’m on his yacht now sharing birds galore with Daniel and drinking the very best from Joseph’s pristine wine collection.

Daniel has a cunning plan to beat Joe to death (in a very similar way to Davy Kleinfeld in carlitos way he tells me) and then we run off with the money and get busy in the window.

Vlahovic deal and several others now on stand by.

That's a relief.

Back