• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

It’s like they don’t want VAR to succeed.

most fans are in unison that they don’t want to see decisions made over miniscule incidents, especially when it causes a goal to be chalked off.

Personally I’d like to see a version of umpires call added and maybe the concept of reviews requested by the manager. At the moment it seems VAR is looking for reasons to rule out goals rather than correcting clear and obvious errors or stop cheating which are the two issues that blight the game

It’s like they don’t want VAR to succeed.

most fans are in unison that they don’t want to see decisions made over miniscule incidents, especially when it causes a goal to be chalked off.

Personally I’d like to see a version of umpires call added and maybe the concept of reviews requested by the manager. At the moment it seems VAR is looking for reasons to rule out goals rather than correcting clear and obvious errors or stop cheating which are the two issues that blight the game
What gets me is the way the VAR is able to adjudicate on a totally accidental handball brought on by a foul but not on the foul itself.

Beyond ludicrous!

Should we have a separate thread for incompetent refereeing and laws of the game people don't like or can we rename this one to include those?

What gets me is the way the VAR is able to adjudicate on a totally accidental handball bought on by a foul but not on the foul itself.

Beyond ludicrous!
Nor rule on a potential red card. The only good thing about VAR and the possible intention of it’s gross misuse is it’s made people think that perhaps the odd human error made in real time wasn’t so bad after all.

Nor rule on a potential red card. The only good thing about VAR and the possible intention of it’s gross misuse is it’s made people think that perhaps the odd human error made in real time wasn’t so bad after all.

I remember being so annoyed over the years that football didn't have replays and technology to fix the injustices (Which normally felt like they were against us, although every fan probably felt the same). Now that its here I just can't wrap my head around how bad it has been!
Why aren't people complaining more? Is there actually a majority out there that are OK with it??

I remember being so annoyed over the years that football didn't have replays and technology to fix the injustices (Which normally felt like they were against us, although every fan probably felt the same). Now that its here I just can't wrap my head around how bad it has been!
Why aren't people complaining more? Is there actually a majority out there that are OK with it??
Considering we live in an age where any complaint can be posted online instantly and public opinion can sway swift changes to government or organisations decisions, you’d think this would have been addressed as soon as the consensus became that the issues addressed are more minuscule and have less benefit / greater negative impact than what almost everyone in the game or audience wants.
Thing with football, it’s still run like a boys club even though it has become a billionaire dollar industry. There’s probably a sentiment of ‘the letter if the law is now being correctly applied (even though it’s only select letters of the law, see exhibit A Moura being fouled and being punished for handball after the foul had taken place and the foul not retrospectively awarded, or exhibit B fouls for yellow card leading to red card not being reviewed) and maybe a further argument that the integrity of the competition is we should continue to fudge up these decisions for the entire season)
However in a time where Qatar Or Russia can be given hosting rights or Trump and Bozo can run countries, despite the disbelief of the sane masses perhaps it shouldn’t be such a huge surprise that it has continued to be used in this ridiculous manner.

United had 2 that really looked offside today, not really checked properly by VAR and given
Again it's down to which ever helmet is in the nonce's cabin making the decisions

So Kane is about to jump up for a header in the box, gets shoved over from behind, stonewall penalty, goes to the VAR, nothing given.

Can anyone out there please give a clear, rational explanation as to why? Have the rules changed or something?

And if not, WTF is the point of the VAR?

Michael Oliver hasn't given us a thing since he gave us a pen against Arsenal at WHL in 2016. Maybe he thinks that Harry Kane duped him that day and he has been making up for it ever since!

I genuinely used to think that he was the best Referee in the league, I don't have to anymore because he thinks it all for himself!

So Kane is about to jump up for a header in the box, gets shoved over from behind, stonewall penalty, goes to the VAR, nothing given.

Can anyone out there please give a clear, rational explanation as to why? Have the rules changed or something?

And if not, WTF is the point of the VAR?
The mm offsides at least has the possibility of being evenly distributed, but when VAR is finding the faintest of other reasons to disallow a goal but neither the on the pitch officials nor VAR see anything wrong with a push in the back it’s not the rules that are the problem, it’s downright incompetence. It didn’t seem possible but VAR is getting worse and I think refs are not making decisions as VAR will either make it for them or reverse it. See the handball for their goal which was visible in real time.

Back