• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

AberYid

Steven Caulker
So, after a day of mass posting in the Soldado and Adebayor threads, I figured we need a thread to discuss and scout potential striking additions for the January transfer window.

Albeit a pipe dream for Spurs to actually sign a decent forward in the winter window, we can but amuse ourselves.

Here's the place to do it, post stats, far fetched names, videos galore and of course to debate at length about the names we pluck from thin air.

Here's some names to get the ball roling:

Mattia Destro
Saido Berahino
Paco Alcacer
Wilfied Bony
Christian Benteke
Connor Wickham
Fernanado Llorente

NOTE: This is NOT the place to discuss the merits of Ade vs Robbie, but feel free to compare potential signings to them both (and Kane!) and work out potential prospective partnerships.

So, who do you want to see rock up at the lane?

We need a Striker with good movement and that can make things happen on his own. We need a dribbler who will cause the opposition defence all sorts of problems. Soldado, Ade and Kane do not do this imo,

Last edited:
[pedant]How can it be an annual search when it happens twice a year?[/pedant]

I genuinely dont know of any strikers. I think we need someone who can hold up play but someone also who can really attack defenses - a player who has both i.e. Costa etc cost too much. SO, we are left with either getting two strikers both having different attributes or we take a punt.

Id get rid of Ade, keep Soldado and Kane and go for a major major striker.

I genuinely dont know of any strikers. I think we need someone who can hold up play but someone also who can really attack defenses - a player who has both i.e. Costa etc cost too much. SO, we are left with either getting two strikers both having different attributes or we take a punt.

Id get rid of Ade, keep Soldado and Kane and go for a major major striker.

Peter-Crouch-006.jpg

id go for Jay Rodriguez and see if he can play the centre forward role......he has done it before, can score goals, can hold the ball, can go past an opponent, good in the air, he has speed

id go for Jay Rodriguez and see if he can play the centre forward role......he has done it before, can score goals, can hold the ball, can go past an opponent, good in the air, he has speed

Is he back playing yet? I remember towards the end of the transfer window people were saying he was training and was gonna be back well ahead of when they originally expected.

I think he will be the one Poch goes for tbh

As the main striker? Im not so sure. Plus with Chadli doing so well, I dont see how he'd even get in our team in any of the 3 AMs - Eriksen maybe on form, but cant see him being dropped. Wouldn't be surprised if waited until the summer (he's out of contract then isnt he?)

Bony, though he's not set the world on fire this season. I just see him as heir to Ade's throne and if a deal can be done in Jan (unlikely I guess) then he would be my pick.

So, after a day of mass posting in the Soldado and Adebayor threads, I figured we need a thread to discuss and scout potential striking additions for the January transfer window.

Albeit a pipe dream for Spurs to actually sign a decent forward in the winter window, we can but amuse ourselves.

Here's the place to do it, post stats, far fetched names, videos galore and of course to debate at length about the names we pluck from thin air.

Here's some names to get the ball roling:

Mattia Destro
Saido Berahino
Paco Alcacer
Wilfied Bony
Christian Benteke
Connor Wickham
Fernanado Llorente

NOTE: This is NOT the place to discuss the merits of Ade vs Robbie, but feel free to compare potential signings to them both (and Kane!) and work out potential prospective partnerships.

So, who do you want to see rock up at the lane?

A blast from the past. The guy I wanted about 4 years ago, or something like that

Players that have started this season well, but I don't know too much about:

Luc Castaignos (Twente): 22 years old, 188 cm tall. 5 goals in 7 games this season, 14 in 31 last. Probably not ready to be first choice yet, but one to keep an eye on.

Mauro Icardi (Inter): 21 year old Argentinian. Has had two decent seasons i Serie A and started this one really well. Also one for the future though.

Carlos Bacca (Sevilla): Since he's at Sevilla it's probably a non-starter. One prolific season in Belgium and a decent one in Spain last year. Just turned 28.

Cheick Diabate (Bordeaux): Really tall and strong. Half his appearances seems to have come as a sub though.

Could be some players in Russia or Ukraine that would fancy a move away.

BENTEKE.

Has it all. Big, strong, fast, good in the air, works hard and has good hold up play. Scores and makes goals - and has done it in the EPL.

He is young(ish), a full international that doesnt disappear for the ACN and also has room for improvement under a good coach.

AVB should never have been allowed to nix his signing last time round.

Only question mark - we should wait to see if he regains full fitness first.

Last edited:
Hasn't he proven to be a one season wonder?

Bit unfair. Last season certainly wasn't as good as the last but he still looks a good player and he's not played yet this season so can't write him off. He's still only 23!!

My main concern about going for him is if we do you just know he's going to turn into one of those injury prone players.

If we do get a striker and a I mean a proper one, can we figure out how first of all,how he scores the majority of goals and see if we got the players to supply him...........Soldano requires someone who can cross a ball and players who get to,the by-line and create something.....at the minute we haven't got them,unless we get Messi or get Bale back on loan,ha ha ha.

Benteke. Do.not.want.

All brawns, no brain. Overachieved in his first season. Villa will want at least 20 million, worth 10 at most.

As the main striker? Im not so sure. Plus with Chadli doing so well, I dont see how he'd even get in our team in any of the 3 AMs - Eriksen maybe on form, but cant see him being dropped. Wouldn't be surprised if waited until the summer (he's out of contract then isnt he?)

Rodriguez will be like Sturridge - he'll do a couple more seasons as a LWF, then move into the centre.

I'd love to see Rodriguez-Eriksen-Lamela lining up behind Soldado - that would be pretty devastating IMO.

Chadli, Kane, Townsend and Ade the 4 back-up players.

Back