• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I think he looks more knackered then he probably really is, his running style makes him looks knackered but its just the way he runs. I remember watching Waddle and during his first dozen games quite a few f ans were making the same s orts of com ments that so me fans have made about Tanguy ( not saying you have/are)
S ome fans are saying he plays like Moussa but for me Ndombele is the player that Moussa should/could have been if he had upped his game. What i mean is that imo Moussa promised everything but never really delivered as often as his talent should have done.
I agree. At the same time getting subbed after about an hour almost like clockwork tells the story about where he is fitness wise.

Will probably take time to build that fitness, I don't think it's easy doing intense fitness work during the season with games coming in quick succession.

Hoping that it comes with time during this season. We've done really well recently, but when we find ourselves in a sticky situation needing goals half way through the second half he would be so valuable.

I agree. At the same time getting subbed after about an hour almost like clockwork tells the story about where he is fitness wise.

Will probably take time to build that fitness, I don't think it's easy doing intense fitness work during the season with games coming in quick succession.

Hoping that it comes with time during this season. We've done really well recently, but when we find ourselves in a sticky situation needing goals half way through the second half he would be so valuable.

I do agree he is probably not fully fit, but i do not think that was why he was taken off thursday night. He will be needed tomorrow and the game was already won.

Thursday night I agree, but it's been a fairly consistent move for a while now.
I don't know about that. He's a player Jose plays in almost every game. And most of the games where he has been taken off recently are ones that we're ahead so as to give Gio some time too. So it may not be as much of a fitness issue as we might think. More managing his minutes perhaps to have him available in as many games as possible.

I don't know about that. He's a player Jose plays in almost every game. And most of the games where he has been taken off recently are ones that we're ahead so as to give Gio some time too. So it may not be as much of a fitness issue as we might think. More managing his minutes perhaps to have him available in as many games as possible.
Yes. You can imagine Jose saying to him before kick off : give it everything you've got for an hour then you can have a rest.

One hour of Tanguy giving it his all has to be worth 90 of most other CMs.

An outstanding young player from RB Salzburg

Like when I sad we should sign haivertz 18 months ago... this is the next Haivertz and he would have course be jo8ning a club that’s better set up for him IMO

I think he will go to a German side TBF but his release clause is £22m

I did a thread on foreign players we should look at in the other football area

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiBlKj22KLtAhVMUMAKHdgwDrEQwqsBMAB6BAgDEAM&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWpu1JOM9Ls&usg=AOvVaw0Ja-gws9SyxTGz7IQbxtAY

Thanks for that.

Would really like you to be right and fit his fitness levels to be better than I assumed.

We'll see tomorrow. I think he's pretty much an automatic starter barring injury or illness (knock on wood) and I expect him to be taken off after 60-70 minutes almost regardless of the score at that time and his performance up to that point.
Yes. You can imagine Jose saying to him before kick off : give it everything you've got for an hour then you can have a rest.

One hour of Tanguy giving it his all has to be worth 90 of most other CMs.
I agree that he's probably aware of the plan to take him off so he doesn't have to try to manage his play to last 90 minutes.

Bit it's not like he's working much harder than other players during the hour he's been regularly getting. Doing much more than he did a year ago, but pretty much on par at best in terms of work rate now compared to our other midfielders and attackers I'd say.

To me that screams lower fitness levels than the others, but like I said, I would really like to be wrong about that.

Would be my thoughts as well.

Would really like you to be right and fit his fitness levels to be better than I assumed.

We'll see tomorrow. I think he's pretty much an automatic starter barring injury or illness (knock on wood) and I expect him to be taken off after 60-70 minutes almost regardless of the score at that time and his performance up to that point. I agree that he's probably aware of the plan to take him off so he doesn't have to try to manage his play to last 90 minutes.

Bit it's not like he's working much harder than other players during the hour he's been regularly getting. Doing much more than he did a year ago, but pretty much on par at best in terms of work rate now compared to our other midfielders and attackers I'd say.

To me that screams lower fitness levels than the others, but like I said, I would really like to be wrong about that.
No I fully agree with all that. Just guessing that Jose is being pragmatic in accepting that a full-throttle Tanguy is a work in progress that's still some way off, so might as well get the best out of him along the eway.

Just a theory. Could be completely barking up the wrong tree.

Or just plain barking! :D

No I fully agree with all that. Just guessing that Jose is being pragmatic in accepting that a full-throttle Tanguy is a work in progress that's still some way off, so might as well get the best out of him along the eway.

Just a theory. Could be completely barking up the wrong tree.

Or just plain barking! :D
I think it’s rare for an all energy attacking midfielder to play a full 90 nowadays
It’s also an area where managers can add a different player to stiffen up midfield for example

Agreed guys, I think he tells Ndombele to go nuts for an hour, then he can either bring on a more defensive or more attacking player to change things as needed at 60 mins.

I think it’s rare for an all energy attacking midfielder to play a full 90 nowadays
It’s also an area where managers can add a different player to stiffen up midfield for example
I wonder if perhaps the fact that we basically have two games a week and players are dropping like the proverbial flies might have something to do with it???

I wonder if perhaps the fact that we basically have two games a week and players are dropping like the proverbial flies might have something to do with it???
It’s normal across all teams though to change your attacking midfielder when making a change isn’t it

Back