1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Tanguy Ndombele

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by JerusalemMan, 2 Jul 2019.

1. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

He really is coming into his own as a player for us, he looks so casual but his awareness of players around him is first class.

DaygoSpur and Bullet like this.
  2. scaramanga

scaramanga Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

I think the turn was better than the pass.

No real ball skill or trickery, just dropped his shoulder, sending three midfielders the wrong way and turned into space.

Robbo, SteveAWOL, LutonSpurs and 3 others like this.
  3. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Mauricio Taricco

He's absolute class. Would have become one of my favs whether Spurs or not so it's great having him about...

Interesting how he was almost up front with Kane out of possesion despite having excelled against Emirates Marketing Project much deeper; guess they couldn't deal with him to be fair!

4. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Edgar Davids

Modric- esque

scaramanga likes this.
  5. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

It's the ability to do both that makes him special.

Thought he was excellent again in the first half today.

6. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Paul Robinson

His passing was one of his redeeming qualities last season. He sees passes that most other players don’t even see. He has the ability to play the perfect weight of pass too. Now he’s graceful with it, and turning opponents inside out. Great player for us, showing why he’s our most expensive signing

7. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

Looking a top class player i do agree, what is impressive is the way he leaves opposing players going the wrong way with just his movement. Sons goal today was a example and i have seen him do it in other games this season.

8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

Delighted to see his continued ascension. I always felt he needed time and some 'special lurve"...when he is at full-tilt he is going to be scary. What a delight!

9. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Glad to see him coming good.

I'd like to think some lessons will have been learnt next time a player struggles to adapt in his first season but i won't hold my breath

Last edited: 22 Nov 2020
  10. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Jack Jull

Probably our least replaceable player. No one does it quite like Tanguy.

Someone needs to do a Gif adapting the old You've been Tango'd averts, showing players being Tanguy'd!

11. Bishop

Bishop Neil Ruddock

He had a couple of moments in the first half when he seemed to have the City defence all over the shop and looked in a good position to shoot but took the extra dribble. As much as I really want him a bit deeper he's showing aspects of play that playing as the tip of the three suits him equally.

One thing I'm finding rather bloody annoying is all the clueless pundits who keep referring to him as part of a typical physical Mourinho midfield. It's as if they look at him see that he is black and reasonably built so must be a physical powerhouse when he's the exact bloody opposite. He's a certified baller.

Even yesterday I remember one pundit saying GLC was too lightweight for Jose hence Ndombele starting. What a load of fudging nonsense GLC is MORE physical than Ndombele.

Anyway he's doing his work quietly and constantly improving he will eventually get the plaudits he deserves.

12. Bishop

Bishop Neil Ruddock

To me it was always bloody obvious how talented he was. I just could never understand those writing him off. He even started well for us (probably our best player before that first injury) but the fallout from the end of the Poch era seemed to cloud a lot of people's memories and made them forget that.

alekaras likes this.
  13. DaveT316

DaveT316 Espen Baardsen

While he wasn’t on yesterday, Souness is the king of doing that. Loves propagating a racist stereotype!

14. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

We live in hope.

15. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mitchell Thomas

Great post. He’s still a little lax for me on the defensive side but such a clever player. Again, I don’t think cleverness gets associated with black players as readily as it does white players. But the passes he sees and the way he holds on to the ball is extraordinary.

He also has a wonderful ability to throw players off balance just by moving his body without touching the ball. It’s incredible. You look at him and think “he has to be going that way” and he swivels in the other direction and takes the ball with him. It sort of happened on the assist for the goal.

Great talent. I’d just love him and GLC to get in the same midfield because they are both wonderful and different talents who have yet to hit anywhere near their peak with us.

braineclipse and Bishop like this.
  16. Bishop

Bishop Neil Ruddock

I remember YTS saying in the previous match that we didn't have anyone who could play the "cute pass" and they were all more physical players. Just shows who is actually watching and paying attention and those who just follow their own preconceived notions.

DeanoAustin likes this.
  17. StephenH

StephenH Barry Daines

he has vision and picture in his head of the game, well impressed!

Bishop likes this.
  18. LutonSpurs

LutonSpurs Tim Sherwood

He made a very difficult pass look easy. He does that a lot and pundits don't talk about the sheer insane brilliance of what he does.

Also when he receives the ball in dangerous areas under a press, he is the player I'm least worried about in that scenario. You know he won't lose it. And he often recycles it in to something offensive. Which is why I think deeper Ndombele is still a possibility long term

Robbo, braineclipse, Bishop and 3 others like this.
  19. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Steffen Iversen

Yes. Get them to sit down with Levy and have an inspirational chat. :)

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  20. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

TBF he loves playing city
    He knows they won’t get touch tight and he knows how to use the spaces they let him have
    He is exactly what they need in midfield